Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Divisional Drafts

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2022, 07:00 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: Added each teams picks from Rounds 4-7 )

Screw the Houston Texans

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/draft-tracker/

1.   3.  Derrick Stingley, Jr., CB, LSU
1. 15.  Kenyon Green, OL, Texas A & M
2. 37.  Jalen Pitre, S, Baylor
2. 44.  John Metchie, WR, Alabama
3. 75.  Christian Harris, LB, Alabama
4. 107 Dameon Pierce, RB, Florida
5. 150.  Thomas Booker, Edge, Stanford
5. 170.  Teagen Quitoriano, TE, Oregon St
6. 205.  Austin Deculus, DL, LSU

I think they did a really good job in rounds 1-4

Screw the Indianapolis Colts

2  53 Alec Pierce, WR, Cincinnati
3. 73 Jelani Woods, TE, Virginia
3.  77.  Bernard Raimann, T, C. Michigan
3.  96 Nick Cross, S, Maryland
5. 159.  Eric Johnson, DL Mich St.
6. 192. Andrew Ogletree, YE, Youngstown St
6. 216. Curtis Brooks, DL, Michigan St
7. 239 Rodney Thomas, LB, Yale

Very good jon.  Good offseason considering how it started.

Jacksonville Jaguars

1.  1  Travon Walker, Edge, Georgia
1.  27.  Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah
3.  65  Luke Fortner, C, Kentucky
3.  70  Chad muma, LB, Wyoming
5.  154  Snoop Connor, RB, Ole Miss
6.  197. Gregory Junior, CB, Ouachita Bap
7.  222.  Montaric Brown, CB, Arkansas

Wanted more help for Trevor Lawrence, but very good for the defense...great if Walker can develop into a good edge rusher.  The first five have the chance to be significant contributors.  The two CBs could be special teams guys.

Screw the Tennessee Titans

1.  18.  Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas
2.  35.  Roger McCready, CB, Auburn
3.  69.  Nicholas Petit-Frere, Tm Ohio State
3.  86  Malik Willis, QB, Liberty
4. 131. Hassan Haskins, RB, Michigan
4. 143 Chigoziem Okonkwo, TE, maryland
5. 163 Kyle Phillips, WR, UCLA
6. 204 Theo Jackson, DB, Tennessee
6. 219 Chance Campbell, LB, Ole Miss

The McCready pick was weird considering how much they have invested in the position in recent years with Adoree Jackson (2nd round 2017), Kristian Fulton (2nd round 2020), Caleb Farley (1st round 2021) amd now McCready (2nd round this year).  This makes me think they have missed on a lot of picks at that position.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-30-2022, 09:34 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Screw the Houston Texans

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/draft-tracker/

3.  Derrick Stingley, Jr., CB, LSU
15.  Kenyon Green, OL, Texas A & M
37.  Jalen Pitre, S, Baylor
44.  John Metchie, WR, Alabama
75.  Christian Harris, LB, Alabama

I think they did a really good job so far.

They had a pretty good one.  I'm more skeptical of Stingley than most.  He may living off of his exceptional freshman year.

Screw the Indianapolis Colts

2  53 Alec Pierce, WR, Cincinnati
3. 73 Jelani Woods, TE, Virginia
3.  77.  Bernard Raimann, T, C. Michigan
3.  96 Nick Cross, S, Maryland

Very good jon.  Good offseason considering how it started.

I really like their Day Two!

Jacksonville Jaguars

1.  1  Travon Walker, Edge, Georgia
1.  27.  Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah
3.  65  Luke Fortner, C, Kentucky
3.  70  Chad muma, LB, Wyoming

Wanted more help for Trevor Lawrence, but very good for the defense...great if Walker can develop into a good edge rusher.

It was a great draft for defense.  I still wanted at least one impactful pass catcher, though.  Not sure which of those picks I would give back. My biggest desire was to get Jameson Williams.

Screw the Tennessee Titans

1.  18.  Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas
2.  35.  Roger McCready, CB, Auburn
3.  69.  Nicholas Petit-Frere, Tm Ohio State
3.  86  Malik Willis, QB, Liberty

The McCready pick was weird considering how much they have invested in the position in recent years with Adoree Jackson (2nd round 2017), Kristian Fulton (2nd round 2020), Caleb Farley (1st round 2021) amd now McCready (2nd round this year).  This makes me think they have missed on a lot of picks at that position.

They got their AJ replacement with Burks.  And my sentimental favorite pick of the draft is Malik Willis.  Overall, I don't think they improved.  And that provides opportunity for the Jags.

[Image: giphy.gif]

The question of the day, in the aftermath of the draft:

Did the Jaguars gain any ground on the other teams in the division?

The Jaguars made strides during this draft to ensure that their opponents ground games cannot dictate the flow of their contests. Winning your division is always goal number one in every off season. 1 - 5 will simply not do in 2022.

The front seven has seen a major facelift this off season. The rest of the division went out and added some good speed and height to the WR/TE positions. Smart. Considering they needed it. The best part is that all of the defensive players we selected early have the ability to not only run up on your in the backfield and snuff out the ground game but they also have enough instincts and speed to drop back into coverage and make you pay for it.

Going to be fun this year.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-01-2022, 12:14 AM)Bullseye Wrote: The question of the day, in the aftermath of the draft:

The Jags had games against their division opponents last season that allowed the following numbers on the ground:

vs. colts - 127 rushing  yards allowed
vs. tinhorns - 160 yards
vs. tacks -  184 yards

They gained ground in that area for sure. Not just in the draft but in free agency as well. 
I expect to see more sub-120 yard allowances from this defense on the ground in 2022. 

If the pieces fall into place as we hope - these division teams may be forced to pass more vs the jags and we've added pieces to the pass rush and secondary that will hopefully result in a few more turnovers and stalled drives.

Clots drafted a ton of athletes but not great football players. Not sure they helped them. Houston helped their team but did not help where it matters most. I hate our first pick. Love Lloyd & Muma however to try to stop Henry and Taylor. Fortner is good replacement for Linder. Tacks had a good draft. They will miss Brown but I like Burks. Their defense is already good but getting McCready in two now gives them 4 CBs to play any AFC offense well behind their DL. They have the best DL in football. Willis could makes this draft look a lot better in two years when Tannehill is gone.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(05-01-2022, 07:29 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: Clots drafted a ton of athletes but not great football players.  Not sure they helped them.  Houston helped their team but did not help where it matters most.  I hate our first pick.  Love Lloyd & Muma however to try to stop Henry and Taylor.  Fortner is good replacement for Linder.  Tacks had a good draft.  They will miss Brown but I like Burks.  Their defense is already good but getting McCready in two now gives them 4 CBs to play any AFC offense well behind their DL.  They have the best DL in football. Willis could makes this draft look a lot better in two years when Tannehill is gone.

Please try harder to mask your tack troll horse [BLEEP].  

Wait a minute - didn't you say you were selling your nonexistent season tickets? 
Why are you still here??

AND WAIT!!!!!!   You spent multiple pages blowing up Tannehill and Julio last offseason and now you're just dismissing him??? 

LOL

The tinhorns basically have an entire boom/bust darft. Taking Stingley over Sauce was a surprise but I imagine their scouts spent a lot more time in baton rouge than Ohio.
The horseshoes did a good job getting value while also giving Ryan weapons. How Woods develops intrigues me, because I really wanted him when our pick came up.
The tacks saved a ton of cash swapping Brown for Burks, but Haskins is the highlight of their picks to me. If Henry carries the load this year, Haskins will thrive with fresh legs and tired defenses. I don't foresee the team moving on from Henry unless injuries start surfacing with more frequency, but they've got options now.

I personally like what we did, mostly. Did we gain ground? I dunno, but I do know that we aren't going to be the pushover that the past few years have been.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2022, 12:19 PM by Jag149. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-01-2022, 12:14 AM)Bullseye Wrote: The question of the day, in the aftermath of the draft:

During the draft?  I would say if you add the draft to what we did in Free Agency and the UFA's we have the opportunity to have made a leap.  That depends on what these guys and the coaches do when they go to work. The easy part is over, now the real work begins.

ps. what I do know is there are a lot of players we had on the team last year that should be hearing footsteps.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

I don't think any of the 4 drafts wowed me, but I do think we have the best coach in the division and potentially the best QB is Lawrence makes a leap this year. We potentially could have the best defense too. Our road to the playoffs is definitely winning the division, which is possible this season (not probable).

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2022, 11:29 PM by TheDogCatcher.)

(05-01-2022, 07:29 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: Clots drafted a ton of athletes but not great football players.  Not sure they helped them.  Houston helped their team but did not help where it matters most.  I hate our first pick.  Love Lloyd & Muma however to try to stop Henry and Taylor.  Fortner is good replacement for Linder.  Tacks had a good draft.  They will miss Brown but I like Burks.  Their defense is already good but getting McCready in two now gives them 4 CBs to play any AFC offense well behind their DL.  They have the best DL in football. Willis could makes this draft look a lot better in two years when Tannehill is gone.

Willis is gonna be a minor bust, considering he wasn't overdrafted in the first round. He's not the best running QB, and he's not accurate. Lots of QBs have arms and mobility like him. He's not a world beater.

(05-03-2022, 11:48 AM)Khan Artist Wrote: I don't think any of the 4 drafts wowed me, but I do think we have the best coach in the division and potentially the best QB is Lawrence makes a leap this year.  We potentially could have the best defense too.  Our road to the playoffs is definitely winning the division, which is possible this season (not probable).

Yes, best coach, best QB, and best defense coming soon. Colts are the front runners, Tacks are due for a decline, and Texans are the bottom dwellers. I think Trevor is gonna make a huge leap. The weakest link on the team -- the receiving corps -- will be mitigated by Pederson's RPO/TE-centric scheme. It's gonna be a competitive year, and if the Colts falter in any way the Jags are ready to pounce.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Willis played well in his first preseason half.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(08-11-2022, 09:29 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: Willis played well in his first preseason half.

According to whom?

https://sports.yahoo.com/malik-willis-go...50818.html

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2022, 06:06 PM by CTEisREAL.)

A guy's opinion I respect.

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1558100765582966786

Few more were impressed too

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status...4013726720

https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status...6395365377

https://twitter.com/theqbschool/status/1...8173385728

(08-12-2022, 06:01 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: A guy's opinion I respect. 

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1558100765582966786

Few more were impressed too

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status...4013726720

https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status...6395365377

https://twitter.com/theqbschool/status/1...8173385728

So you DON'T respect Vrabel's opinion?