Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Travon Walker Round 1, Pick 1 (merged)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfKMzrOMZA0/..._copy_link

Walker on the B-Ball court.

NH3...
"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-25-2022, 08:31 AM)NH3 Wrote: https://www.instagram.com/p/CfKMzrOMZA0/..._copy_link

Walker on the B-Ball court.

NH3...

Even in high school he was a man among boys.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-19-2022, 10:19 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: [Image: travon-walker-jags.jpg]
Gold right there… I hope this sticks

(07-20-2022, 11:41 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/JStCyrTV/status/1549...yEzioKUCBQ

lol

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(07-20-2022, 11:41 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/JStCyrTV/status/1549...yEzioKUCBQ

Great clip.

I do think they have Travon playing the right position (LB).

I want to see how he handles Derrick Henry. That will be his real test.

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2022, 09:32 AM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-20-2022, 06:20 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I want to see how he handles Derrick Henry. That will be his real test.

Between having better bigs up front, a real tackler in the middle, speed on the outside (LBs) and not having Wingard in the starting lineup playing 25 yards off of the line of scrimmage, I'd imagine we'd be in much better shape to hold Henry in check.   Also note, Henry has taken a lot of hits over the years and is coming off of an injury so he should be slowing a bit in the upcoming years just by human nature.  He's now 28 years old and has totaled over 1500 carries in his career.

His playoff stats seem to be pretty underwhelming .... "156 carries for 732 yards and has scored 4 touchdowns in 7 games"

(07-21-2022, 09:29 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(07-20-2022, 06:20 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I want to see how he handles Derrick Henry. That will be his real test.

Between having better bigs up front, a real tackler in the middle, speed on the outside (LBs) and not having Wingard in the starting lineup playing 25 yards off of the line of scrimmage, I'd imagine we'd be in much better shape to hold Henry in check.   Also note, Henry has taken a lot of hits over the years and is coming off of an injury so he should be slowing a bit in the upcoming years just by human nature.  He's now 28 years old and has totaled over 1500 carries in his career.

His playoff stats seem to be pretty underwhelming .... "156 carries for 732 yards and has scored 4 touchdowns in 7 games"
I'm actually not worried about Henry anymore and not worried about Travons run stopping ability.

He needs to be able to pressure the QB in todays game.

(07-21-2022, 09:29 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

I think the additions of Fatukasi, Oluokun, and Lloyd are a clear indicator that Pederson and Caldwell are very serious about fixing the Jags run defense. 

(The Walker selection was more about the pass rush, but he'll be a factor in the run game to a lesser extent)

Add in the fact that Mike Caldwell was the ILB coach for a team that finished top 5 in run defense in multiple seasons recently, and I think Pederson knew how he wanted to begin repairing this team from the get go.  

While Pederson is "an offensive mind," the draft illustrates he's not singularly minded to that side of the football. and Caldwell's comments in a post draft presser made it clear Pederson listened to his coaches, and Baalke listened to Pederson when they assembled their draft board. 

I have my own speculations about Henry, but what really matters here IMO, is whether or not these defensive roster additions were the right ones, how quickly they gel in a new system, and whether Caldwell is as good at being a coordinator as he is a LB coach. 

I think they've taken a good step in the right direction to limiting Henry and Taylor in the AFCS. We'll know more in September.

(07-21-2022, 10:35 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-21-2022, 09:29 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Between having better bigs up front, a real tackler in the middle, speed on the outside (LBs) and not having Wingard in the starting lineup playing 25 yards off of the line of scrimmage, I'd imagine we'd be in much better shape to hold Henry in check.   Also note, Henry has taken a lot of hits over the years and is coming off of an injury so he should be slowing a bit in the upcoming years just by human nature.  He's now 28 years old and has totaled over 1500 carries in his career.

I think the additions of Fatukasi, Oluokun, and Lloyd are a clear indicator that Pederson and Caldwell are very serious about fixing the Jags run defense. 

(The Walker selection was more about the pass rush, but he'll be a factor in the run game to a lesser extent)

Add in the fact that Mike Caldwell was the ILB coach for a team that finished top 5 in run defense in multiple seasons recently, and I think Pederson knew how he wanted to begin repairing this team from the get go.  

While Pederson is "an offensive mind," the draft illustrates he's not singularly minded to that side of the football. and Caldwell's comments in a post draft presser made it clear Pederson listened to his coaches, and Baalke listened to Pederson when they assembled their draft board. 

I have my own speculations about Henry, but what really matters here IMO, is whether or not these defensive roster additions were the right ones, how quickly they gel in a new system, and whether Caldwell is as good at being a coordinator as he is a LB coach. 

I think they've taken a good step in the right direction to limiting Henry and Taylor in the AFCS. We'll know more in September.

I Concur on the above BUT keep in mind that Caldwell would've been our D Coord. regardless of who became our HC. His credentials warrants his position.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(07-21-2022, 11:11 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(07-21-2022, 10:35 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think the additions of Fatukasi, Oluokun, and Lloyd are a clear indicator that Pederson and Caldwell are very serious about fixing the Jags run defense. 

I Concur on the above BUT keep in mind that Caldwell would've been our D Coord. regardless of who became our HC. His credentials warrants his position.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

I'm not questioning his resumé or qualifications. 

You just never know if someone is good at a new job until they actually do it. All indications are that he'll be fine, and maybe very good.

(07-20-2022, 02:07 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Great clip.

I do think they have Travon playing the right position (LB).

He seems to have the requisite size and speed.

Can he set up and disengage blocks?  Does he have an array of pass rush moves>  Can he string them together?  If not, can he develop those reasonably quickly?

Will his role in the scheme help with that?

Can the coaches develop him?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Was this his natural position or is he going to be thinking too much vs just go get the qb?

Are we going to put too much on the young mans plate?

Idk can his natural ability shine thru or are we going to overwhelm him?

These are the questions that make me want to watch the games....oh no sucking me in again.

https://twitter.com/ally32250/status/155...P908bWgWuA

NICE...

NH3...
"AZANE"

https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...7o7Zo3bCEw

Rookie Hazing has begun.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(07-21-2022, 11:35 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-21-2022, 11:11 AM)NH3 Wrote: I Concur on the above BUT keep in mind that Caldwell would've been our D Coord. regardless of who became our HC. His credentials warrants his position.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

I'm not questioning his resumé or qualifications. 

You just never know if someone is good at a new job until they actually do it. All indications are that he'll be fine, and maybe very good.

Unless it's.. haha never mind.

Great debut for Walker. His INT was a thing of beauty.

Feel free to come back to us TheOLineMatters.
https://twitter.com/ChadwikoTWW/status/1...6206732288
His sack wasn't half bad either  Cool
https://twitter.com/LaurieFitzptrck/stat...6671979520
https://twitter.com/LaurieFitzptrck/stat...5804056576

That pick deserved to be a walk off

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2022, 05:19 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

Aidan Hutchinson yesterday: 0 tackles, 1 assist, no sacks, no interceptions.