Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Travon Walker Round 1, Pick 1 (merged)

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2022, 09:27 PM by snowwolf776. Edited 1 time in total.)

The bulldawgs destroyed Michgen in playoff game 34 to 11,and also won a champtionship.  Walker knows how it feels to win a titles. he can bring that to jacksonville. I probbley spelled it wrong,hopefuly everyone knows what i meant.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Love me some tittles...

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2022, 09:33 PM by jaguarmvp. Edited 1 time in total.)

Looking at hutch/Walker combine numbers both had plus and minus when compared.

Walker being a Jr, has more versatile, and a better fit for a 3-4 had to be factors. The one huge advantage of Walker is he an elite run defender. With Henry in the division this is a huge need.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

It's not a bad selection. I don't hate it. I don't love it. It comes down to coaching. If they keep it simple I think he'll be fine. Georgia moved him around too much to really flourish as a pass rusher.

Just let him play with his hands in the dirt as a rookie.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-28-2022, 08:26 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: I'm selling my season tix.  I'm done.

Can you sell your message board tickets too?

Up to u now doug

Turn him into a superstar

Make me eat my expletive words earlier....

I’m not a fan of any prospect that races up draft boards based on their performance at the NFL Combine. That rarely works out. Having said that, it was a foregone conclusion that the Jags would draft him first overall. Baalke loves to chase upside. I’m not going to take it out on Walker, though. Let’s see what he can do.

I'm not a huge fan of the pick, but give him a chance. There are many who say he could be the best overall player in the draft. Lets see

Another [BLEEP] project pick. A project at #1. By the time he has great pass rush moves TLAW will be retiring Andrew Luck style.

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2022, 10:37 PM by Firesky. Edited 1 time in total.)

I think he has the tools and measureables … I just don’t trust the jaguars to develop raw athletes. They couldn’t with Taven Bryan, couldn’t with Chaisson and now we try a third time. If we put him in one spot (instead of moving him around from 5 technique, to 3 technique etc like we did with Taven) he might grow into the complement to Josh Allen we’ve been lacking. I’m just worried that his floor might be Vernon Gholston Esque who’s another athlete with insane measureables that flamed out spectacularly.

I’ll give the kid a shot but if he’s demonstrably worse than Hutchinson or Thibs early on that’s reason enough to oust Baalke. I think the kids best football is in front of him and he saved his best for the end of the season and CFP. There’s a lot to like I guess
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Hate the pick, Love the player. Hoping for the best for him, and that he's very successful. Was a bad year to be picking #1.
I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2022, 11:15 PM by The_Franchise_QB. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1519...dEGygDwe1gWalker crashed into 2 parked cars earlier today lol? That can’t even be real. Lol!

(04-28-2022, 11:14 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1519...dEGygDwe1gWalker crashed into 2 parked cars earlier today lol? That can’t even be real. Lol!

It wasn’t today, more like two weeks ago.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(04-28-2022, 11:16 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(04-28-2022, 11:14 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1519...dEGygDwe1gWalker crashed into 2 parked cars earlier today lol? That can’t even be real. Lol!

Ah the way the tweet was worded seemed like today. I guess that helps it was weeks ago lol.

My understanding is that Hutch was a pure passrusher while Walker has more runstop-ability. Playng against Derrick Henry twice a season, it might be the sensible choice. With everything that has been said bt analysts, the selection was not a surprise. I will see how Walker works out before rendering a verdict.

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2022, 11:29 PM by jaguarmvp. Edited 1 time in total.)

H

https://youtu.be/faY2mgBHv5Q

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I also see the official site has hun listed as an olb.

(04-28-2022, 11:16 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

As Bunnie said, that happened weeks ago and it wasn't as serious as Ian is making it sound. Walker said it was basically a fender bender and nobody was injured.

(04-29-2022, 12:05 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-28-2022, 11:16 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: It wasn’t today, more like two weeks ago.

As Bunnie said, that happened weeks ago and it wasn't as serious as Ian is making it sound. Walker said it was basically a fender bender and nobody was injured.

Yeah, I agree.  No injuries, no citations, no big deal.