Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Travon Walker Round 1, Pick 1 (merged)

(04-28-2022, 09:39 PM)Caldrac Wrote: It's not a bad selection. I don't hate it. I don't love it. It comes down to coaching. If they keep it simple I think he'll be fine. Georgia moved him around too much to really flourish as a pass rusher.

Just let him play with his hands in the dirt as a rookie.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I think it came down to them believing he was a better scheme fit for a multiple defense than Hutch. I was underwhelmed when the pic was made. But I think that was more because of the message board environment than anything else. The more I see it the more I like it. Especially in conjunction with the Devon Lloyd pic.
[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2022, 12:36 AM by Norman Mushari.)

"You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response."

Thats a funny Sig from the OP. Clearly his belief system is messing up his ability to respond unemotionally.
s
;

;

(04-28-2022, 08:26 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: I'm selling my season tix.  I'm done.

Bye Felicia.

NH3...
"AZANE"

I don't like the pick but I will support him anyway. I hope the coaches can develop him into what a first overall should be.

I think OLineMatters needs a check up

(04-29-2022, 12:42 AM)NH3 Wrote:

Bye Felicia.

NH3...

Please dont say it's so. Oh please dont go oh no. Come on man. You cant quit now. Things are just getting interesting!

(04-29-2022, 01:58 AM)Jag88 Wrote:
(04-29-2022, 12:42 AM)NH3 Wrote: Bye Felicia.

NH3...

Please dont say it's so. Oh please dont go oh no. Come on man. You cant quit now. Things are just getting interesting!
But who will i debate with about how amazing Julio and Tannehill are? 

Dude never had tickets anyway. 
Just herp-derp

He was not my pick, but supporting him and hoping for his success 100%. He is going to be at least a good player for us, hopefully great. He definitely is not even close to the project Tavon Bryan was.

It was an interesting strategy to use the first overall pick in the draft to add even more depth to a corps of edge rushers that can't get any pressure on quarterbacks.

I'll cheer for the kid, but this was really disappointing.
[Image: pqk1i5F.jpg]

Possible bright side: if (when?) this kid goes down in flames, he takes Baalke with him? Oh wait, I see this was a consensus pick. I'm really hoping that one of these "potential" picks work out for us one day.

(04-29-2022, 02:56 AM)Portofino43 Wrote: It was an interesting strategy to use the first overall pick in the draft to add even more depth to a corps of edge rushers that can't get any pressure on quarterbacks.

I'll cheer for the kid, but this was really disappointing.

Agreed. They really overthought this. Should have been hutch. This type of decision is why this franchise remains bad. I hope I’m wrong.

(04-28-2022, 08:40 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I'm fine with it as well. There was no clear top prospect. Wanted an Edge guy and we got one.

If Walker is an edge to you in the sense of "pass rusher", then yikes. Dude is not an edge rusher by any means. In fact it was a knock on him coming out. If you wanted a true to the sense edge, NYG and DET made the right picks. Jags over here sniffing paint and eating glue if they think  Walker is the best player in this draft. Wasn't even the best player at UGA.

(04-28-2022, 08:40 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I'm fine with it as well. There was no clear top prospect. Wanted an Edge guy and we got one.

Absolutely this.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-29-2022, 02:04 AM)Newton Wrote: He was not my pick, but supporting him and hoping for his success 100%. He is going to be at least a good player for us, hopefully great. He definitely is not even close to the project Tavon Bryan was.

This a good take. If people would just calm down a little they would see that even though Walker may not have been the best pick, he’s not a bad pick.

This is so funny in a childish way. We bought season tickets after an eight year hiatus because this is going to be a very fun and interesting season, regardless of who was chosen as the first pick - even if it was a punter. We may not end with a winning record, but the improvement will be undeniable.

Well I'm definitely not getting season tickets!!1!1!!
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2022, 09:22 AM by Mikey.)

welp, I guess that means the franchise will have to relocate now.

(04-28-2022, 09:24 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: The bulldawgs destroyed Michgen in playoff game 34 to 11,and also won a champtionship.  Walker knows how it feels to win a titles. he can bring that to jacksonville. I probbley spelled it wrong,hopefuly everyone knows what i meant.

You're gonna have to specify what "it" is referring to here, snowy. There's too many options to narrow things down.

(04-29-2022, 01:55 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: I think OLineMatters needs a check up

He will be remembered fondly

These posters that are quitting because the pick wasn't who they wanted? Are they holding their breath and stomping their feet as they leave?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(04-29-2022, 08:48 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Well I'm definitely not getting season tickets!!1!1!!

shouldn't you be golfing?