Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Will Anderson

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2022, 05:18 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

I don't watch college football outside of trying to get to know draft prospects, so typically guys like this float under my radar until the year they come out but man, I was listening to something on youtube talking about Travon Walker/Aidan Hutchinson and they said "Will Anderson was the best defender in college last year" so ofcourse curiosity had me look him up and wow.. all I can say. Dude had 17.5 sacks 31 TFL as a Sophmore and watching just his highlight video I can't even imagine him not being an absolute monster in the NFL. 

This is the kind of guy I wish we could have gotten with one of our #1 picks, holy cow. Posted highlights below for those unfamiliar, likely the top pick next year if he declared barring QB needy teams passing him. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEWk8Sww9rQ

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tank for this guy

He would have easily been the top prospect in this year's class and barring something major, he'll be the top prospect next year as well.

(05-01-2022, 08:18 PM)Eric1 Wrote: He would have easily been the top prospect in this year's class and barring something major, he'll be the top prospect next year as well.

The number one pick next year is definitely coming from Bama.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-01-2022, 09:44 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-01-2022, 08:18 PM)Eric1 Wrote: He would have easily been the top prospect in this year's class and barring something major, he'll be the top prospect next year as well.

The number one pick next year is definitely coming from Bama.

Yup, should either be Anderson or Young.

Jalen Carter is a monster as well

(05-01-2022, 09:47 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(05-01-2022, 09:44 PM)Dimson Wrote: The number one pick next year is definitely coming from Bama.

Yup, should either be Anderson or Young.

Baring disaster, it will be Young.

(05-01-2022, 10:29 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-01-2022, 09:47 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Yup, should either be Anderson or Young.

Baring disaster, it will be Young.

Anderson is still the best prospect, but QB always gets pushed up.

(05-02-2022, 01:23 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(05-01-2022, 10:29 PM)Dimson Wrote: Baring disaster, it will be Young.

Anderson is still the best prospect, but QB always gets pushed up.

I wish Bryce came out this year. We would have gotten a king's ransom for the number one pick.

I'd love to see this guy hit the transfer portal and go to Texas A&M for $3m or something like that to freak our Saban

(05-01-2022, 07:14 PM)Jagsman Wrote: Tank for this guy

You called it

Any chance we can add 10-15 lb on Walker and move him inside? Or I guess we could trade Josh Allen out and roll with Anderson and Walker.

(10-30-2022, 07:03 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Any chance we can add 10-15 lb on Walker and move him inside? Or I guess we could trade Josh Allen out and roll with Anderson and Walker.

Absolutely.  When we drafted him i was hoping we were going to play him at 3-4 DE.

Starting to look like there is a chance, but I think this team picks up enough late season victories to make this an unrealistic option.

At this point I’m kinda thinking a slight trade down and Johnston.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2022, 11:19 AM by Caldrac. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-31-2022, 08:01 AM)Newton Wrote: Starting to look like there is a chance, but I think this team picks up enough late season victories to make this an unrealistic option.

(10-31-2022, 09:10 AM)wg171 Wrote: At this point I’m kinda thinking a slight trade down and Johnston.

This. I don't think this team is going to continue to lose football games. I could see them winning games they shouldn't and eventually winning a game they should. Would probably finish with four or five wins and fall out of that race to get any of the actual elite level talent at DT, DE or CB. 

I think what's more realistic is what WG is saying here. I would take a trade down in a heartbeat and get Johnston without hesitating. He's tall, he's fast, he's shown he can go up and get it in contested situations. This offense doesn't have that presence on the outside and he would provide said presence. 

It's clear Lawrence is missing that around him. He had it at Clemson with guys like Higgins and Ross. A lot of us wanted Pickens last year but we ended up trading up for Devin Lloyd. Not a bad overall decision. They went all in on defense in the off season, the defense is not getting the job done, they need to now shift their focus onto the offense and add around their struggling signal caller. 

They're at least committed to him going into 2023. There's no way they don't start making moves offensively. Look at the trend in the NFL. Look at what Brown has down for Hurts in Philadelphia. Look at what Hill has done for Tagovailoa in Miami. Look at how miserable Rodgers is in Green Bay without Adams. It's pretty clear we need to be aggressive and we need to either DRAFT that player for him or TRADE for that player for him. 

But, this entire off season going into 2023 has to be about the offense. I did that in my mock draft. It's early. And, I get that. However, they're probably going to fall into that range anyways where I picked. Johnston was my pick in RD1. I was able to get him a tall receiving threat at TE in Washington in RD2. I was able to get him some more big, viable targets at WR and TE between Kuntz out of Old Dominion and Perry out of Wake Forest. 

This has to be the mindset going into next year. I don't think they look at a defender in RD1 unless for some crazy [BLEEP] reason a guy like Jalen Carter or Keelee Ringo fall into their laps which may not happen based on everything stated above for this year.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-31-2022, 11:17 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 08:01 AM)Newton Wrote: Starting to look like there is a chance, but I think this team picks up enough late season victories to make this an unrealistic option.

(10-31-2022, 09:10 AM)wg171 Wrote: At this point I’m kinda thinking a slight trade down and Johnston.

This. I don't think this team is going to continue to lose football games. I could see them winning games they shouldn't and eventually winning a game they should. Would probably finish with four or five wins and fall out of that race to get any of the actual elite level talent at DT, DE or CB. 

I think what's more realistic is what WG is saying here. I would take a trade down in a heartbeat and get Johnston without hesitating. He's tall, he's fast, he's shown he can go up and get it in contested situations. This offense doesn't have that presence on the outside and he would provide said presence. 

It's clear Lawrence is missing that around him. He had it at Clemson with guys like Higgins and Ross. A lot of us wanted Pickens last year but we ended up trading up for Devin Lloyd. Not a bad overall decision. They went all in on defense in the off season, the defense is not getting the job done, they need to now shift their focus onto the offense and add around their struggling signal caller. 

They're at least committed to him going into 2023. There's no way they don't start making moves offensively. Look at the trend in the NFL. Look at what Brown has down for Hurts in Philadelphia. Look at what Hill has done for Tagovailoa in Miami. Look at how miserable Rodgers is in Green Bay without Adams. It's pretty clear we need to be aggressive and we need to either DRAFT that player for him or TRADE for that player for him. 

But, this entire off season going into 2023 has to be about the offense. I did that in my mock draft. It's early. And, I get that. However, they're probably going to fall into that range anyways where I picked. Johnston was my pick in RD1. I was able to get him a tall receiving threat at TE in Washington in RD2. I was able to get him some more big, viable targets at WR and TE between Kuntz out of Old Dominion and Perry out of Wake Forest. 

This has to be the mindset going into next year. I don't think they look at a defender in RD1 unless for some crazy [BLEEP] reason a guy like Jalen Carter or Keelee Ringo fall into their laps which may not happen based on everything stated above for this year.
You make several good points, as is often the case. Focusing on offense must be the priority for next season, especially getting a true number 1 receiver. No doubt, the defense has been very disappointing during this losing streak. I still believe they have enough good players on that side of the ball to eventually become very good. The only significant need is at the 2nd cornerback spot unless Williams continues to get better. I hope they are NOT in the position to draft Anderson or Carter, but it would be impossible to pass on such elite players. If they could trade for Metcalf or Jeudy without giving up the 1st pick next year I'd do that in a heartbeat.