Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If Tee higgins were made available for trade, what's your offer?

Even tho it probably wouldn't be a discussion for a couple more years, i'm sure once JC and JB get paid there will certainly be some causualties due to cap space for the Bengals.. the one player that we might covet more than any other team imo would be Tee Higgins, through 2 seasons has averaged out just at 1,000 yards and 6 tds and has obvious talent to be a #1 WR for many teams.. but not the one he's on due to Jamar Chase. If you were the GM of the Jaguars would you send out a trade offer to the Bengals now? Hoping they would take the bait knowing they likely wont keep him around past his rookie contract... and if so, what would you offer?

Personally i'd offer them our 2nd and 4th (from tb) + Shenault. Might be a bit too much value but the potential to get our #1 WR who is obviously a former teammate of Lawrence at Clemson just sounds like a really nice deal. 

Burrow has his guy from LSU, would be cool if we could get Trevors guy from Clemson.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-02-2022, 12:34 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Even tho it probably wouldn't be a discussion for a couple more years, i'm sure once JC and JB get paid there will certainly be some causualties due to cap space for the Bengals.. the one player that we might covet more than any other team imo would be Tee Higgins, through 2 seasons has averaged out just at 1,000 yards and 6 tds and has obvious talent to be a #1 WR for many teams.. but not the one he's on due to Jamar Chase. If you were the GM of the Jaguars would you send out a trade offer to the Bengals now? Hoping they would take the bait knowing they likely wont keep him around past his rookie contract... and if so, what would you offer?

Personally i'd offer them our 2nd and 4th (from tb) + Shenault. Might be a bit too much value but the potential to get our #1 WR who is obviously a former teammate of Lawrence at Clemson just sounds like a really nice deal. 

Burrow has his guy from LSU, would be cool if we could get Trevors guy from Clemson.

This subject came up a few months ago.  The Bengals would be foolish to put Higgins up for trade.  Their passing game is a huge reason why they went to the Super Bowl.

Even assuming the Bengals put him up for trade due to salary cap considerations, I don't think the Jaguars would put up anything for him.  This was a good year to go aggressively after a stud WR.  Trevor Lawrence was still on his rookie deal.  Lot's of good WRs like Amari Cooper, Deebo Samuel, etc, were available for trade and they didn't pull the trigger.

From a pure talent standpoint, I'd welcome Higgins.  but I don't see this team making a move for a guy like that.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I know it’s not the question asked but as I see Higgins being unrealistic, what about dionte Johnson, steelers just drafted 2 new wrs and have claypool they’re not known for extending there wide outs in recent years and his contract is up after season, would command a big deal but I see it as more realistic than Higgins

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2022, 06:43 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

I think the jags have to keep their eyes out for a wr. They should consider adding 1 more from a trade. It's a good idea to see what teams are loaded at wr and try to trade for 1 of those players that dont get a chance just simply because they are buried on the depth chart. Too late to cry about it, but it would have been nice to bring back chark jr one more time. Oh well. Time to move forward. I like our wrs, but I still have a sneaky feeling like there is something missing

Good veteran WRs have become very expensive. I'd rather draft one.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2022, 08:04 AM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-02-2022, 06:37 AM)Craigukjag Wrote: I know it’s not the question asked but as I see Higgins being unrealistic, what about dionte Johnson, steelers just drafted 2 new wrs and have claypool they’re not known for extending there wide outs in recent years and his contract is up after season, would command a big deal but I see it as more realistic than Higgins

Wouldn't be mad at getting Johnson at all. I like the fit with Higgins a little bit more but either would be nice.

(05-02-2022, 07:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Good veteran WRs have become very expensive.  I'd rather draft one.

Tee Higgins is still very young, was Trevors #1 in college and has established himself as a 1,000 yard receiver in each of his first 2 seasons. I would absolutely take a shot on him this season during Trevors early developmental this year in a trade as opposed to an unproven raw rookie next year.

I'd give up the FA wide receiver we just acquired from Notre Dame.

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2022, 07:02 AM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

I would offer something like a 3rd and a 5th plus Shenault. At this point Shenault is not even worth a 7th rounder.

I wish we would have landed AJ Brown instead of the Eagles.

(05-03-2022, 07:02 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I would offer something like a 3rd and a 5th plus Shenault. At this point Shenault is not even worth a 7th rounder.

...because we had a hundo mill just sittin around collecting dust....

(05-03-2022, 09:27 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 07:02 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I would offer something like a 3rd and a 5th plus Shenault. At this point Shenault is not even worth a 7th rounder.

...because we had a hundo mill just sittin around collecting dust....

And the titans would of loved to trade him to a team in the division

(05-03-2022, 10:29 AM)Craigukjag Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 09:27 AM)Mikey Wrote: ...because we had a hundo mill just sittin around collecting dust....

And the titans would of loved to trade him to a team in the division

....worked for the Vikes.....TWICE!!
woof

I think the league disagrees with you, but if they do, in fact, value him as you do that’s actually a strong argument to keeping him and seeing what happens this year.

Higgins would be the better choice since he is literally a half foot bigger than Johnson. Plus, I believe the Steelers will work out a long-term deal with him. Will Fuller might be worth giving a one year deal like they did Engram. He definitely has the speed lacking in the outside receiving corp. They'd have a year to evaluate Austin to determine if he could be the long-term answer at X receiver and strongly consider drafting one of the top X receivers next year such as Boutte of LSU or Quinten Johnston of TCU

Personally, I like the small quick WRs that cut on a dime and get separation.

If Tee Higgins does become available next off-season, I’d be all over it. If we were picking mid 1st or so I’d be tempted to dangle over Cincy.

Trevor seems to do well with taller receivers and he already has chemistry with Higgins. Think him and Kirk would make a nice duo.

Then the year after draft Brock Bowers and we are all set.

Higgins would be a great get. Lawrence and he were electric in college, but I’d be surprised in the Bengals let him go.

(05-04-2022, 02:52 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Personally, I like the small quick WRs that cut on a dime and get separation.

I'd like to see a career longevity stat for receivers over and under 6'0".
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt