Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post draft record predictions?

(05-04-2022, 08:26 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 02:40 PM)Sibelius Wrote: I had greater hopes for our FA and draft, so I'm predicting fewer wins now than I did before. I'm thinking 5 wins this year, maybe 6. I just hope TL stays healthy.

You actually predicted more than 6 wins before?

I did - After FA and going into the draft, I was hopeful for something closer to a 500 season.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-04-2022, 11:38 AM)Sibelius Wrote:
(05-04-2022, 08:26 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: You actually predicted more than 6 wins before?

I did - After FA and going into the draft, I was hopeful for something closer to a 500 season.

My target is 6 and if we stay competitive in our losses, I will consider the season a success. Being a Jaguars fan has lowered my standards. However, I believe the following season should be a minimum 500. I have faith.

At home, we beat the Giants, Texans, Colts and Titans

Away, we beat Washington, Detroit and Tennessee.

Final record: 7-10

I think this is a 6 to 7 win team. New coaching staff as well as new offensive and defensive systems to implement.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

7 wins would be my guess.

Although hoping for more, 7-10 is a realistic guess.  They have five games against the Lions, Jets, Texans and Giants.  If they go 3-2 in those games and 4-8 in their other games, they get to 7-10.

(05-03-2022, 06:51 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I had us at 5-12 prior to the draft but now have us 7-10 not because of what we did but because the Titans botched the AJ Brown contract.

Unforttanttly tittians own the jags in real life. they could be 0-14 ,and jags would lose  2 games to tittians.  Until jags probve they can beat tittians more then every once in a while,tittians own them.  Jags were pretty much owned by everyone in thier own division  last season,only division win came againest the colts.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

I predicted a couple of rage quits.. still waiting for results.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

9-8……AFC South champions.

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2022, 09:49 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

Based on the rest of the division we should win 5 to 7 hopefully. Based on baalke handling the offseason, I only hope the defense is top 5 to 10. He needs to go and with most fans screaming for trade ups etc; he did meh with what was available outside Lloyd, and hopefully travon n the other one Mumba or whatever. Can't see how ppl are defending him just throwing money at the wall for middle tier receivers and a replacement for Norwell. Only wow pick is walker if he can be a solid tackle. Etn is still wth but looks better with jrob hurt.

Oh.....he gets a B for the DT and LB from atl I think. Can't go plus nor minus so B
Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(05-04-2022, 09:20 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I predicted a couple of rage quits.. still waiting for results.

players, coaches or commenters?

(05-05-2022, 09:07 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-04-2022, 09:20 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I predicted a couple of rage quits.. still waiting for results.

players, coaches or commenters?

Board members..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(05-05-2022, 11:37 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 09:07 AM)Mikey Wrote: players, coaches or commenters?

Board members..

so far it's CTEisReal and O-LineMatters

(05-03-2022, 01:44 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Home Games:
We beat the Texans, Giants, and Colts. It's a pretty rough stretch of games.

Away Games;
Lions, Jets, Commanders, and Texans. I think those are winnable games, and we win 2 of them.

5-12 record. Not great, but a step forward at least.

The Texans have dominated the Jags and you have them beating them 2x this season?  If there was any year to beat the Texans 2x it was last season and we couldn't even do it 1x

(05-05-2022, 11:47 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 11:37 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Board members..

Poor O-line.  When we drafted one of his least favorite linemen, I figured he might head to the Modis.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-05-2022, 03:30 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 11:47 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: so far it's CTEisReal and O-LineMatters

Poor O-line.  When we drafted one of his least favorite linemen, I figured he might head to the Modis.

Any time you go into draft day with a list of 9 acceptable picks out of the ~300 prospects, you've already guaranteed yourself major disappointment.

That seemed to be his M.O. every year.

He'll be back as soon as we string together a few wins.

You would think you would quit during the late season when you are like 3-14 instead of the offseason when you are undefeated.

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2022, 04:31 PM by Mikey.)

(05-05-2022, 11:37 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 09:07 AM)Mikey Wrote: players, coaches or commenters?

Board members..

I know, I was just trying to have a little fun with some more chaotic options.

(05-05-2022, 03:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 03:30 PM)Dimson Wrote: Poor O-line.  When we drafted one of his least favorite linemen, I figured he might head to the Modis.

Any time you go into draft day with a list of 9 acceptable picks out of the ~300 prospects, you've already guaranteed yourself major disappointment.

this, from top to bottom.

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2022, 08:49 PM by TheDuke007. Edited 1 time in total.)

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Travon Walker becomes defensive rookie player of the year and the team made the playoffs?  They go through all of the suffering just to quit when the team finally becomes good.

(05-05-2022, 03:30 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 11:47 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: so far it's CTEisReal and O-LineMatters

However, I did notice that we signed Nick Ford as a UDFA.  He was OLM's #5 ranked center and #7 ranked guard.  Fortner didn't make the top 10 of either of his lists.

(05-05-2022, 03:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 03:30 PM)Dimson Wrote: Poor O-line.  When we drafted one of his least favorite linemen, I figured he might head to the Modis.

U can't let the current captain of the ship deter ur reason for service. Baalke won't be here forever unless he strikes gold this year. Last year picks he can blame on urban. Yr 2 plus new rookies is all on him, unless he throws pederson and his staff under the bus n khan bites again.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.