Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This is outrageous and should be thrown out of court......

Michigan car owner sued after Jeep kills mechanic during oil change

Diaz-Navarro's attorney said he plans to fight the case in a trial later this month

A Michigan man who left his car at a dealership for an oil change and tire rotation is being sued after his vehicle was involved in the death of one of the dealership's employees.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/michigan-man-...oil-change
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

How the hell can they sue the owner for that? He wasn’t even there!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(05-07-2022, 09:53 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: How the hell can they sue the owner for that? He wasn’t even there!

Sounds like an accepted legal maneuver in order to compensate the family of the deceased. 

...According to a summary filed in court on March 1, the court has ordered the Rochester Hills Chrysler Jeep Dodge dealership, where the incident occurred, to indemnify Diaz-Navarro if he is found liable of negligence.
"So in reality, the owner is going to be held responsible, but the dealership’s insurance company is paying," Femminineo told McClatchy News. He said he hopes a verdict in excess of $15 million is awarded.

(05-07-2022, 10:15 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 09:53 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: How the hell can they sue the owner for that? He wasn’t even there!

Sounds like an accepted legal maneuver in order to compensate the family of the deceased. 

...According to a summary filed in court on March 1, the court has ordered the Rochester Hills Chrysler Jeep Dodge dealership, where the incident occurred, to indemnify Diaz-Navarro if he is found liable of negligence.
"So in reality, the owner is going to be held responsible, but the dealership’s insurance company is paying," Femminineo told McClatchy News. He said he hopes a verdict in excess of $15 million is awarded.

Still doesn’t make sense…lol

(05-07-2022, 10:31 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 10:15 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Sounds like an accepted legal maneuver in order to compensate the family of the deceased. 

Still doesn’t make sense…lol

I agree. It's explained in greater detail here.

(05-07-2022, 12:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 10:31 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Still doesn’t make sense…lol

I agree. It's explained in greater detail here.

So the moral of the story is if you’re gonna do damage with a car, borrow someone else’s car first! Ninja

(05-07-2022, 03:56 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 12:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I agree. It's explained in greater detail here.

So the moral of the story is if you’re gonna do damage with a car, borrow someone else’s car first! Ninja

That’s what I’ve always done.

they'll lose. My lawyer says that if they cant prove negligence, you'll have a very hard time winning.

Nate, you want to back me up? or has that guy moved on?
s
;

;

Get rich or die tryin’.

So how do car share and rentals work in Michigan then?
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1