Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Treylon Burks struggling

https://twitter.com/PaulKuharskyNFL/stat...ode%3Dtrue

Traded AJ Brown for this lol.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2022, 07:42 AM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

Love it!

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/...680490002/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

It's too early to judge lmao

It is too early. Also, Ja'Marr Chase was struggling throughout training camp and preseason as well, now look at him.

(05-14-2022, 09:54 AM)Jag88 Wrote: It's too early to judge lmao

(05-14-2022, 10:09 AM)Jagsman Wrote: It is too early. Also, Ja'Marr Chase was struggling throughout training camp and preseason as well, now look at him.

It IS too early to make definitive judgments.

That said, it makes one wonder bout his work ethic that he could get out of shape so dramatically during this important time of the year.

There were reports of his weight ballooning during the off-season.
If he can't finish a mini camp practice...I dunno.

I remember former Dallas WR Tony Hill used to let himself get out of shape before there was year round practices and minicamps, etc. He would get in shape enough to go during the regular season, but as his career wound down, it seemingly became harder for him to do so.

I remember Hugh Douglas when he got here. He was out of shape, and the first training camp practices, he was on the stationary bike because he was out of shape.

It's not as if Tennessee hasn't had its share of immediate washouts in the first round. They whiffed badly on that RT from georgia about 2-3 years back and he was out of the league by the next year.

If any team deserves to have another colossal bust, it's the tacks.

Though I'm pretty much expecting the Colts to win the division going away, I would love to finish ahead or tied with the Tacks, even if we are sub .500.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(05-14-2022, 11:35 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Though I'm pretty much expecting the Colts to win the division going away, I would love to finish ahead or tied with the Tacks, even if we are sub .500.

That may be closer than you realize, especially if Burks flops.

You guys ever heard of a player using an inhaler to help with being out of shape? Sounds more like he's dealing with a cold or allergies.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-14-2022, 01:43 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You guys ever heard of a player using an inhaler to help with being out of shape? Sounds more like he's dealing with a cold or allergies.

There is an assertion in this thread that he has asthma.

But one tack fan seems to think Vrabel insinuated Burs is not in shape.

https://www.titansreport.com/topic/44664...es/page/2/

I remember people on here laughing at a Video showing Derrick Henry struggling with his footwork, now who’s laughing? Lol
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

It's early. Kelvin Benjamin had these issues too though. I had a feeling about Burks though. He's not as good as advertised.

Maybe he's a better player on gamedays and just doesnt practice well?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I got to browse the Titans message board to see what they their impressions are

(05-14-2022, 10:09 AM)Jagsman Wrote: It is too early. Also, Ja'Marr Chase was struggling throughout training camp and preseason as well, now look at him.

Bruh he had an asthma attack apparently, that seems a bit detrimental to playing football.. lol

Bettis had asthma and played throughout his career. I don't think it's a complete deal breaker.

Burks had a lot of questions though leading up to the draft. In particular, his speed & lack of routes in his skill set.

The tacks are a step behind this year on paper at this position. I give them credit for trying. As they didn't want to break the bank for Brown.

But... they were already struggling to keep pace in the play off's against better football teams and their reliance on Henry and his durability concerns are catching up to them now.

I think it's possible they turn to Malik Willis by week 10 or week 11 if the division is on the line and Tannehill looks flat.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2022, 12:59 PM by rpr52121. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-15-2022, 12:09 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Bettis had asthma and played throughout his career. I don't think it's a complete deal breaker.

Burks had a lot of questions though leading up to the draft. In particular, his speed & lack of routes in his skill set.

The tacks are a step behind this year on paper at this position. I give them credit for trying. As they didn't want to break the bank for Brown.

But... they were already struggling to keep pace in the play off's against better football teams and their reliance on Henry and his durability concerns are catching up to them now.

I think it's possible they turn to Malik Willis by week 10 or week 11 if the division is on the line and Tannehill looks flat. 

Asthma can treated and controlled. That won't be something that prevents Burks from getting on the field.

I would also point out that despite losing Henry, the Titans still went 6-3 to finish the season facing an average schedule with playoff teams and teams in the playoff hunt (Rams, Saints, Patriot, Steelers, 49ers, Dolphins).

Even if we do expect Henry to final hit a wall, Hillard and Foreman were also at least league-average replacements, and we all know that diamond in the rough RB's are out there in later rounds, UDFA, and PS.  The key is they need a home run threat in the backfield. Someone that forces LB's to overcommit on the PA even if for only 0.5 sec. Even recent analytics say you really don't even need a good run offense for PA to be effective.

Even if they won't be a title contenders this season, but they could easily still win the division. And given how they have approached team building and QB questions, I don't see their franchise "throwing the season" to develop Willis or to get a top QB in the 2023 draft. Especially in their first 7 games they have  3 should be wins, 3 toss ups (2 Colts games will probably decide division), and only 1 probably loss. Despite the tough weeks 9-13, they also view ending the season with 3 should be division wins.

The inhaler makes me think he is asthmatic

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2022, 07:18 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(05-15-2022, 12:09 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Bettis had asthma and played throughout his career. I don't think it's a complete deal breaker.

So glad they didn't draft Watson or Lloyd

He seems to be doing much better thus far, based on this...

https://youtu.be/oGDczbucVmo

(07-28-2022, 09:00 PM)Bullseye Wrote: He seems to be doing much better thus far, based on this...

https://youtu.be/oGDczbucVmo

He's going to be fun to watch twice this year when we play them. Tyson Campbell seems like he's fixing to shape up into being the #1 CB on this team before long. That's really the match up I want to see. Campbell Vs. Burks.

(05-14-2022, 09:28 PM)Adub28 Wrote: I remember people on here laughing at a Video showing Derrick Henry struggling with his footwork, now who’s laughing? Lol

Exactly !!  That was my exact thought when I opened up this thread.