Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Democrats continue to want to violate the Constitution, threaten the 2nd amendment

(06-08-2022, 05:11 AM)captivating Wrote:
(06-05-2022, 12:18 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Bastille Day, 5 minutes - 86 killed, 458 injured with a truck.  

A knife, a gun and a truck.  What could the common denominator possibly be?

Excellent comparison.  And what did the Nice government do?  Did they argue that trucks don't kills people, people kill people?

No, they installed bollards, barriers and changed the Bastille Day route to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Didn't the Nice government find it odd that this truck hadn't overwhelmed any of its previous drivers and launched on a murderous killing spree before?

I'm sure the bollards, barriers and route change will reduce (though not eliminate) the possibility of another occurrence on Bastille Day.  How will those changes help prevent a similar attack on any other day, at any public gathering, sports event, busy city street crosswalk, etc.?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-08-2022, 05:11 AM)captivating Wrote:
(06-05-2022, 12:18 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Bastille Day, 5 minutes - 86 killed, 458 injured with a truck.  

A knife, a gun and a truck.  What could the common denominator possibly be?

Excellent comparison.  And what did the Nice government do?  Did they argue that trucks don't kills people, people kill people?

No, they installed bollards, barriers and changed the Bastille Day route to ensure this doesn't happen again.

You didn't answer the question.

(06-07-2022, 07:40 PM)mikesez Wrote: David French is out with a new post making a similar "America is more like Brazil" point to the one I made earlier in the thread. If they post it to the free version of the site I'll post the link.

Here it is https://frenchpress.thedispatch.com/p/am...-heart?s=r
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

A friend of mine had this exchange with an anti-gunner.... her last comment shut him up real fast.........

[Image: messanger.jpg]
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

(06-01-2022, 05:03 PM)captivating Wrote:
(06-01-2022, 01:36 PM)wrong_box Wrote:  I didnt realize there was a worse killing. Any killing sucks. One is too many. The point of my post is that the tool used for the killing is not to blame, the blame goes to the person who used the knife, gun, golf club. baseball bat, rock, scissors, et.al. If the gun or killing tool was to blame, you should arrest said tool, put it on trial and give it the death penalty.

You don't believe that at all. Even 21 killings isn't enough for you to even think about giving up something, anything.  How many killings will it take?

Im glad you know me so well oh wait, you dont know me at all. Now you are deflecting from the point I made about the person using a weapon being responsible for the killing and not the weapon. The weapon itself is not harmful. It takes a person to use the weapon to be harmful therefor the person using said weapon is responsible. There is no debate about it. You cant honestly believe that a gun is going to kill someone without human interaction. Its never been done and impossible to do. DONE!

(06-04-2022, 10:03 PM)captivating Wrote:
(05-31-2022, 12:04 PM)wrong_box Wrote: Either option is the same. Knife or gun still takes a person to kill. Neither a knife or gun will kill without a person intending to use it. How many are killed doesnt change that fact. Is a kitchen knife going to jump out of its drawer and kill you when you walk into the kitchen? The responsibility for death with any type of weapon is held by the person using the (insert weapon).

Crazy person uses knife in attack at Encino hospital.  3 people stabbed, no deaths.

Knifes and guns are NOT the same.

never said guns and knives are the same...I said either option is the same, meaning it takes human interaction to make a weapon be harmful.  Not everyone who is shot dies either.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm................... Wonder if he could even pass a background check........ (Not that it, or any gun laws for that matter, would have done any good)

South Carolina man arrested after stealing long guns from Walmart: police
Suspect allegedly waited inside Columbia, South Carolina, Walmart until store closed

A South Carolina man has been arrested after allegedly stealing multiple long guns from a local Walmart, authorities said Wednesday.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/south...ns-walmart
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

This is how criminals get guns at any age........

Brothers too young to drive arrested for stolen guns

The real problem when it comes to crime isn’t the lawfully purchased firearm sitting in your gun safe. It never has been and likely never will be.

The problem is, more often than not, stolen guns.

https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/2022...Uqq3c2XqvE

How many guns are stolen from gun safes as opposed to guns stored in a gun rack, garage or bedroom. An anchored gun safe is pretty hard to get into.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

Big Grin 

(06-08-2022, 08:12 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(06-08-2022, 05:11 AM)captivating Wrote: Excellent comparison.  And what did the Nice government do?  Did they argue that trucks don't kills people, people kill people?

You didn't answer the question.

You've been around here long enough to know that was never going to happen.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

[Image: FVYCaEKX0AA3456?format=jpg&name=large]
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(06-11-2022, 10:24 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(06-08-2022, 08:12 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: You didn't answer the question.

You've been around here long enough to know that was never going to happen.

I felt compelled to point out the obvious.

(06-16-2022, 04:52 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(06-11-2022, 10:24 PM)Sneakers Wrote: You've been around here long enough to know that was never going to happen.

I felt compelled to point out the obvious.

[Image: captain-obvious.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

fIf you think that mass shootings are strickly an American thing....... Think again........

Two dead, several seriously hurt in gun attack on gay bar in Oslo: Police rush to the scene after 'up to 20 shots' fired at London Pub

Shooting is reported to have taken place at London Pub, a gay nightclub in Oslo
Nordic news outlet reported police are asking to make space for ambulances
Two people confirmed dead, several are seriously wounded, with 20 shots fired

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...lgS3b2ZxhI

(This post was last modified: 06-24-2022, 10:25 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 3 times in total.)

I looked up some stats comparing the United States to my birth country of Greece. The link is below and some of the telling stats show that while US citizens own more guns than Greek citizens by a 4 to 1 ratio, the murder rate is 74 to 1 in (dis) favor of the US. If it was just the quantity of guns, then we should see a murder rate ratio closer to 4:1. This seems to say that guns are in too many of the wrong hands in the US. Or, we are more of a murdering culture.

Greece vs United States Crime Stats Compared
https://www.nationmaster.com/country-inf...ates/Crime
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(06-24-2022, 10:04 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I looked up some stats comparing the United States to my birth country of Greece. The link is below and some of the telling stats show that while US citizens own more guns than Greek citizens by a 4 to 1 ratio, the murder rate is 74 to 1 in (dis) favor of the US. If it was just the quantity of guns, then we should see a murder rate ratio closer to 4:1. This seems to say that guns are in too many of the wrong hands in the US.  Or, we are more of a murdering culture.

It's a culture thing.  We speak the English language and our legal system was based on English common law, but our culture is not European and probably never was.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/share...-homicides

We are not the worst country in the world, but, by these measures, we are not the best either.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-24-2022, 10:04 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I looked up some stats comparing the United States to my birth country of Greece. The link is below and some of the telling stats show that while US citizens own more guns than Greek citizens by a 4 to 1 ratio, the murder rate is 74 to 1 in (dis) favor of the US. If it was just the quantity of guns, then we should see a murder rate ratio closer to 4:1. This seems to say that guns are in too many of the wrong hands in the US.  Or, we are more of a murdering culture.

A kid got shot in the forehead in Chicago a few days ago. That's just one of many incidents involving guns there but no one wants to riot over it.

(06-16-2022, 01:15 PM)Ronster Wrote: [Image: FVYCaEKX0AA3456?format=jpg&name=large]

I find this so ironic considering what your signature is.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2022, 06:47 PM by Jags.)

(05-28-2022, 10:23 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Well, that was a rather exhausting and predictable parable.

Don’t hate.  That was a direct Jesus quote.  The parable of firearms. I know I can’t go there. I know it’s not in “the book”.  But he said it.

(12-01-2022, 06:47 PM)Jags Wrote:
(05-28-2022, 10:23 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Well, that was a rather exhausting and predictable parable.

Don’t hate.  That was a direct Jesus quote.  The parable of firearms. I know I can’t go there. I know it’s not in “the book”.  But he said it.

Yes, iirc I found it in Book of Armaments, Chapter 2, Verses 9 - 21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOrgLj9lOwk