Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Democrats continue to want to violate the Constitution, threaten the 2nd amendment

(05-24-2022, 09:28 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 09:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Screw that, my equipment is way better than that lowest bidder crap G.I.s get.

I'm just saying a soldier gets a semi-auto handgun or rifle. That's good enough of a restriction for the populace. How they trick it out is up to them. We don't need fully automatic weapons to defend our homes or way of life. 300 million people with semi-autos in their homes is enough of a deterrent.

Nah, you don't get to say what's "good enough" for me, nor I for you.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We already have. We already do.

(05-24-2022, 10:04 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: We already have. We already do.

And there is the crux of the argument. My statement is what should be, not what actually is.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

15 shot dead at elementary school in Texas, but, nothing to see here.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(05-24-2022, 05:23 PM)captivating Wrote: 15 shot dead at elementary school in Texas, but, nothing to see here.

And I'll garan-[BLEEP]-t you it wan't a reponsible legal gun owner or an NRA member......
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Disgusting. And also right on cue as Bidet's ratings crater was announced yesterday.

(This post was last modified: 05-24-2022, 05:40 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-24-2022, 12:56 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-24-2022, 10:04 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: We already have. We already do.

And there is the crux of the argument. My statement is what should be, not what actually is.

No, it should not be that. That's great in fantasy land, but we live in the real world. Look, I get it.... the founders didn't really put stipulations on this, and if we look at the history, we can see that some of the citizenry back then owned warships and cannons, so there probably weren't restrictions inherent in the design. That said, we don't need private citizens with fighter jets and nuclear weapons. We draw the line somewhere in today's age, because it only takes one idiot to do massive damage. There has to be a balance between freedom and governance, and, personally, I am more open to regulation than complete deregulation. Anyone who isn't is an ideologue.

(05-24-2022, 05:39 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(05-24-2022, 12:56 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And there is the crux of the argument. My statement is what should be, not what actually is.

No, it should not be that. That's great in fantasy land, but we live in the real world. Look, I get it.... the founders didn't really put stipulations on this, and if we look at the history, we can see that some of the citizenry back then owned warships and cannons, so there probably weren't restrictions inherent in the design. That said, we don't need private citizens with fighter jets and nuclear weapons. We draw the line somewhere in today's age, because it only takes one idiot to do massive damage. There has to be a balance between freedom and governance, and, personally, I am more open to regulation than complete deregulation. Anyone who isn't is an ideologue.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

(05-24-2022, 05:23 PM)captivating Wrote: 15 shot dead at elementary school in Texas, but, nothing to see here.

We have to learn more about the circumstances of the shooting, how the bad guy got in, where the gun came from, what the procedures and drills were at the school, etc.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We should have a new thread for that though.

(05-24-2022, 07:25 PM)mikesez Wrote:

We have to learn more about the circumstances of the shooting, how the bad guy got in, where the gun came from, what the procedures and drills were at the school, etc.

As I said, nothing to see here.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(05-24-2022, 07:31 PM)captivating Wrote:
(05-24-2022, 07:25 PM)mikesez Wrote: We have to learn more about the circumstances of the shooting, how the bad guy got in, where the gun came from, what the procedures and drills were at the school, etc.

As I said, nothing to see here.

Even if we made you king for a day and you decreed that any breech loading weapon had to be confiscated immediately, it would probably be 20 years before that made much of a difference in deaths.  There are way too many guns out there and way too many people who will refuse to obey and refuse to enforce.  You say it's nothing, but mitigation is literally the only thing at this point.

(05-24-2022, 07:25 PM)mikesez Wrote:

We have to learn more about the circumstances of the shooting (False Flag), how the bad guy got in (Let in by the school resource officer), where the gun came from (FBI/ATF via Fast and Furious), what the procedures and drills were at the school (irrelevent), etc.

There you go, done.

(This post was last modified: 05-24-2022, 07:44 PM by captivating. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-24-2022, 07:37 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-24-2022, 07:31 PM)captivating Wrote: As I said, nothing to see here.

Even if we made you king for a day and you decreed that any breech loading weapon had to be confiscated immediately, it would probably be 20 years before that made much of a difference in deaths.  There are way too many guns out there and way too many people who will refuse to obey and refuse to enforce.  You say it's nothing, but mitigation is literally the only thing at this point.

Agree, the bed has been made. 

Nothing to see here.  This is an inevitable outcome from what the people have wanted for the last 235 years.

Don't feign shock.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(05-24-2022, 07:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-24-2022, 07:25 PM)mikesez Wrote: We have to learn more about the circumstances of the shooting (False Flag), how the bad guy got in (Let in by the school resource officer), where the gun came from (FBI/ATF via Fast and Furious), what the procedures and drills were at the school (irrelevent), etc.

There you go, done.

Alex Jones got sued into oblivion for saying that.

(05-24-2022, 07:47 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-24-2022, 07:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: There you go, done.

Alex Jones got sued into oblivion for saying that.

Yeah, so? The government found against a guy who called them out. Anything to suppress the truth as we all know.

Listening to Biden be says an 18 year old can walk in and buy two assault weapons except that's not true.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(05-24-2022, 08:46 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Listening to Biden be says an 18 year old can walk in and buy two assault weapons except that's not true.

The only good news for Republicans here is that it's still ignorant Democrats trying to make headway on this issue.
Democrats know about as much about guns as Republicans know about climate change.

(05-24-2022, 08:46 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Listening to Biden be says an 18 year old can walk in and buy two assault weapons except that's not true.
"He" can buy 2 costly guns and has a truck. An 18 yr old high school student shouldn't have the required cash unless something else was going on.

Bunch of stuff being thrown out there right now so who knows what is true and what is made up. Maybe a tranny, people ran with illegal because cbp spotted his truck, police watching his grandmother's house, killed her and then was running from the police, and somehow gets past cbp and police at the school to get inside.

Whatever the facts are doesn't look like he planned to shoot a school up. MSM will move on quickly before the truth comes out just like the shooter in Buffalo.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(05-23-2022, 08:03 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [Image: TC.jpg]

"Heidi & I are fervently lifting up in prayer the children and families in the horrific shooting in Uvalde."

What an amazing man!
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1