Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If the Jags had the number 1 overall pick for the 3rd year in a row

(05-21-2022, 06:25 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Would you go QB?

What a dumb question.  Wouldn't it depend on how they got the #1 pick?  For example, if we had multiple season ending injuries in game 1, including Trevor Lawrence, wouldn't it be pretty stupid to draft another QB under those circumstances?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

highly unlikely

Is OP a Trevor Lawrence doubter?

(05-22-2022, 10:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

What a dumb question.  Wouldn't it depend on how they got the #1 pick?  For example, if we had multiple season ending injuries in game 1, including Trevor Lawrence, wouldn't it be pretty stupid to draft another QB under those circumstances?

Absolutely. If Trevor plays great, but our defense gives up 30+ points a game and we lose because of that, it would be really stupid to get rid of him. I assume the OP means if Trevor plays the way he did last year, and dosen't improve and is the main reason we get the #1 pick again.. I imagine anyway.

(05-22-2022, 08:45 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Good God. The stupid [BLEEP] subjects during the dead zone...

Our Dead Zone begins in October and ends in August

It would naturally depend on how we wound up with the top overall pick.

If we finished 7-11 and then traded up into the top overall pick, then probably not.

If we finished with the worst record in football for the third year in a row (something I do NOT think will happen), it would depend upon how it happened.  if the team had an unprecedented run of injuries, and the coaching staff were abducted by aliens and replaced by reptilians that knew nothing about the game...no, I would not be in a rush to replace Trevor Lawrence.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(05-22-2022, 02:41 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

It would naturally depend on how we wound up with the top overall pick.

If we finished 7-11 and then traded up into the top overall pick, then probably not.

If we finished with the worst record in football for the third year in a row (something I do NOT think will happen), it would depend upon how it happened.  if the team had an unprecedented run of injuries, and the coaching staff were abducted by aliens and replaced by reptilians that knew nothing about the game...no, I would not be in a rush to replace Trevor Lawrence.

That is about as likely as us having a third number 1 in a row. I hope. 

If it did happen because we were the worst team in the league I would question anyone from Khan and down.

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2022, 06:40 AM by JagsFanSince95.)

Yes. If we somehow can’t get ourselves out of the bottom 5 of the league this year with a slightly revamped defense and more talent on offense, it probably means Trevor was all time bad again and we should try to find a new QB. He wouldn’t be our only issue though if we somehow got the hat trick 1st pick

(05-22-2022, 02:39 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-22-2022, 08:45 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Good God. The stupid [BLEEP] subjects during the dead zone...

Our Dead Zone begins in October and ends in August

I lold irl and then wanted to cry. So sad, but true.

If the Jaguars were to get the next number 1 overall pick, I would expect that pick to be a QB.

I would not expect that pick to be made by the Jaguars. Barring some freakish event that caused Lawrence to be insanely worse than anyone could imagine (maybe a potentially career-ending injury) I would expect there to be something else behind the result, and would expect that #1 pick to be traded for as much as we could get to fix that problem, be it the receiving corps, the OL, whatever, unless there's a clear best non-QB player worthy of the first pick at our position of greatest need.

not at all, because the only way that happens is if TLaw gets hurt early. You still don't know if he's the man or not at that stage. Unless it's something bad with his arm, you still have to do your due diligence before you declare him a washout.

If we are in fact in a position to pick first, or even top 5, we may have to do more than just evaluate our QB...

(05-22-2022, 12:21 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Is OP a Trevor Lawrence doubter?

He is not

I come here Monday through Friday to see what people talk about.

It's nuts how insulting people are at hypothetical questions that just make conversatiion... and these people insulting other don't even pose their own questions.

And if you clap back at them, you're the one who gets in trouble with the monitors.. who also insult people.

Does anyone know of any other boards like this for the Jaguars?

(05-23-2022, 10:51 AM)VillagerChris Wrote: I come here Monday through Friday to see what people talk about.

It's nuts how insulting people are at hypothetical questions that just make conversatiion... and these people insulting other don't even pose their own questions.

And if you clap back at them, you're the one who gets in trouble with the monitors.. who also insult people.

Here You Go

www.JaguarsSafeSpaceMessageBoard.com

(05-23-2022, 10:55 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 10:51 AM)VillagerChris Wrote: I come here Monday through Friday to see what people talk about.

Here You Go

www.JaguarsSafeSpaceMessageBoard.com

Yeah you're right. Probably time to bounce from here.

stick around a while. The backlash usually a culmination of straws continually piled on a camel's back, or at times someone who is just as guilty of slinging mud at others, or just someone who likes to play the contrarian or downer at all times.

Not saying that any is the case here, but it's typically that what you see today is the result of an overflow built up over time. Stick around, there's plenty of us that do the same, checking in daily, weekly, hourly for topics to discuss. As with everyone here, it's up to you whose voices you choose to give the loudest amplifier during your visit. There are plenty of posts and posters (myself included) that are worthy of being ignored from one visit to the next.

Well, it's true people can be cranky around here. It's probably partially attributable to the fact the Jags have sucked for so long. The moderation...well, I can tell you almost everyone claims they're picked on in that respect, lol.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2022, 02:46 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

The Jaguars Reddit has many more users than this forum, and is a lot less hostile than this board.

(05-21-2022, 07:45 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Hell would freeze over.  Since that is where us fans have been the last 2 years maybe it would be a good thing?

Haha.

Not gonna lie, when I saw the thread title I was
100% convinced I knew who started it. I was wrong.

(This post was last modified: 05-24-2022, 12:48 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

I would say it isn't totally unlikely the Jags have the first round pick (this is the Jags after all), but it is unlikely we'd go QB.