Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If the Jags had the number 1 overall pick for the 3rd year in a row

(05-23-2022, 02:46 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 10:51 AM)VillagerChris Wrote: I come here Monday through Friday to see what people talk about.

It's nuts how insulting people are at hypothetical questions that just make conversatiion... and these people insulting other don't even pose their own questions.

And if you clap back at them, you're the one who gets in trouble with the monitors.. who also insult people.

Does anyone know of any other boards like this for the Jaguars?

The Jaguars Reddit has many more users than this forum, and is a lot less hostile than this board.

I do have to ask, since you're so enamored with Reddit that you have to continually pimp it here, why are you here? You don't seem to like it and mostly just post stuff to rile up the regulars, so what's your deal?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-24-2022, 01:37 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-21-2022, 06:25 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Would you go QB?

Good grief.

Only if he suffers a career ending injury.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Nope.  I'd draft a player that has no real position on defense that performed extremely well in the combine.

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2022, 10:01 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

It was reported yesterday on 1010xl that Trevor threw a bad pass during OTA's. The season is now lost. Get the scout team primed for QB research for the 2023 draft!
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(05-23-2022, 10:39 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(05-22-2022, 12:21 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Is OP a Trevor Lawrence doubter?

He is not

What is the point of this thread? 

Why would a team draft a #1 pick QB twice in 3 years?

(05-24-2022, 03:27 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Nope.  I'd draft a player that has no real position on defense that performed extremely well in the combine.

One of the reasons the Jaguars WILL NOT be picking 1st next season is because they had the foresight to draft a player first whose skill sets will translate into an NFL superstar. It may take Walker a little time, like all rookies, to adapt to the NFL however he has all it takes to become a perennial pro-bowler. I get all the skepticism due to the horrible overall performance of our top draft picks, but Baalke/Pederson will prove the critics wrong. I believe that after this season concludes, the Jaguars will get the top grade for player acquisitions during the 2022 free agency and draft periods. To be more specific, I expect free agents Fatukasi, Oluokun, Kirk, Scherff and Engram to be standouts on the 2022-23 team while Zay Jones and Williams will also prove to be upgrades. In addition to Walker, Lloyd will also become an immediate upgrade while Fortner and Muma eventually work their way onto the starting roster. With all that being said, I'd be happy for the 2022-23 Jaguars to finish 7-10 since any team with about 50% new starters needs time to become comfortable with the schemes and tendencies of players surrounding them. Once that happens and they are able to acquire a true number 1 receiver next off-season there will be no looking back.

(05-24-2022, 03:27 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

If that doesn't work out, we could always go punter.

(05-25-2022, 11:02 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(05-24-2022, 03:27 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Nope.  I'd draft a player that has no real position on defense that performed extremely well in the combine.

If that doesn't work out, we could always go punter.

The joke is on Seattle.  We drafted Anger in the 3rd round prior to Seattle selecting Russell Wilson.  We now have our QB of the future whereas Seattle is searching for their future QB.  Gene Smith's long term vision of this team was uncanny !!!

(05-25-2022, 10:45 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 10:39 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He is not

Cardinals took Josh Rosen in the top 10. He sucked. 
Drafted Kyler Murray the following year. He good.

That's why.

(05-25-2022, 04:16 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-25-2022, 10:45 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: What is the point of this thread? 

That's why.

So, Trevor Lawrence = Josh Rosen??

That's why.

'In the top ten' =/= #1 overall
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-25-2022, 04:31 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-25-2022, 04:16 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Cardinals took Josh Rosen in the top 10. He sucked. 

That's why.

The crazy thing is that we passed on Big Ben because we drafted Leftwich in the top 10 the prior year.

(05-25-2022, 04:16 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Cardinals took Josh Rosen in the top 10. He sucked. 

That's why.

The crazy thing is that we passed on Big Ben because we drafted Leftwich in the top 10 the prior year.

I think last year was a disaster for everyone, especially Lawrence. I’m behind him all the way.

I looked up Rosen’s rookie year and here are the numbers he put up. If Murray wasn’t the bonafide #1 pick, I think Arizona is stuck with Rosen for another year.

Rosen: won 3 games
217 363 55.2% 2278 yds 11TD 14 INT 5.8 YPA 66.7 Rate

Lawrence: won 3 games
359 602 59.6% 3641 yds 12TD 17 INT 6.0 YPA 71.9 Rate

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2022, 08:44 AM by Mikey.)

That's why.

They also threw a boatload of cash to steal Kliffy from USC, don't forget. They basically were all in on whatever he asked. Rosen was picked 10th IIRC and was the 4th QB taken that year.

The only similiarity to this thread's topic is that both involve QBs, and that is it. The Cards weren't picking #1 when they took Rosen, they didn't tank a full season with the worst HC hire in the recent history, and our coach is already on record as having a good relationship with the QB we already got.

(05-25-2022, 04:52 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-25-2022, 04:31 PM)RicoTx Wrote: 'In the top ten' =/= #1 overall

....and people griped about Gene Smith's darfting, you're talking about two MACtion QBs here. COME ON.

We need to be drafting from power conferences...I mean the PAC 12 had top ten picks like Marcus Mariota and Jake Locker. Iron sharpens iron, ya know?

(05-25-2022, 10:45 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 10:39 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He is not

*crickets*

(05-25-2022, 04:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

That's why.

*crickets*

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2022, 05:08 AM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(05-24-2022, 01:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 02:46 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: The Jaguars Reddit has many more users than this forum, and is a lot less hostile than this board.

I do have to ask, since you're so enamored with Reddit that you have to continually pimp it here, why are you here? You don't seem to like it and mostly just post stuff to rile up the regulars, so what's your deal?

I keep forgetting it's 2022 and having a different opinion than the masses is basically assault these days.

(05-25-2022, 04:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

That's why.

Statistically, yes. Tho i'd be a liar if I didn't tell you that I have far more hope for Lawrence based on his pure potential than I ever did for Rosen who I never liked. 

That's why.

I don't care if you take a QB at #1 or in the 6th round, if he sucks and it's obvious you don't pass on talent in hopes that they magically turn it around.

(05-25-2022, 04:52 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

^^^ bingo. We also passed on Watson and Mahomes to stick with Bortles too long. 

No I don't personally think Josh Rosen is what Trevor Lawrence will ultimately be, but if he posts another 12 td 17 int season and looks completely inept as he did for the majority of last year barring maybe 2 games, then yes I would absolutely be taking one of the top QB prospects in 2023.

(05-28-2022, 05:04 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-24-2022, 01:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I do have to ask, since you're so enamored with Reddit that you have to continually pimp it here, why are you here? You don't seem to like it and mostly just post stuff to rile up the regulars, so what's your deal?

I keep forgetting it's 2022 and having a different opinion than the masses is basically assault these days.

(05-25-2022, 04:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: So, Trevor Lawrence = Josh Rosen??

Statistically, yes. Tho i'd be a liar if I didn't tell you that I have far more hope for Lawrence based on his pure potential than I ever did for Rosen who I never liked. 

I don't care if you take a QB at #1 or in the 6th round, if he sucks and it's obvious you don't pass on talent in hopes that they magically turn it around.

(05-25-2022, 04:52 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The crazy thing is that we passed on Big Ben because we drafted Leftwich in the top 10 the prior year.

No I don't personally think Josh Rosen is what Trevor Lawrence will ultimately be, but if he posts another 12 td 17 int season and looks completely inept as he did for the majority of last year barring maybe 2 games, then yes I would absolutely be taking one of the top QB prospects in 2023.

Trevor Lawrence didn't look at all inept to me.  What looked inept was our WRs and the offense in general.  I saw a very talented young QB who had no chance to show how good he is.  I don't know if you attended any games last year, but I was in the stadium for all the games in Jacksonville, and I could see the whole field, and don't recall very many times when we had open receivers.  We had a QB standing in the pocket with no one to throw to.  And since we were usually behind in the score, we had a rookie QB desperately trying to make something happen, and taking chances a QB would not normally take unless he had to.  

What's amazing is how the guy could keep his composure, and continue to do interviews without throwing anyone under the bus after the game.

(05-28-2022, 05:04 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-24-2022, 01:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I do have to ask, since you're so enamored with Reddit that you have to continually pimp it here, why are you here? You don't seem to like it and mostly just post stuff to rile up the regulars, so what's your deal?

(05-25-2022, 04:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: So, Trevor Lawrence = Josh Rosen??

(05-25-2022, 04:52 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The crazy thing is that we passed on Big Ben because we drafted Leftwich in the top 10 the prior year.

Oh what nonsense. Have a take that isn't pants on head dumb, that's all you need to do.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-28-2022, 06:55 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-28-2022, 05:04 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I keep forgetting it's 2022 and having a different opinion than the masses is basically assault these days.

Oh what nonsense. Have a take that isn't pants on head dumb, that's all you need to do.

I like my takes, because most of the time i'm right. Year after year I see people on this board hype up players who never show promise in blatant homer bias.

If you don't like my takes, why don't you pull a jaguarmvp and block me Wink