Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Walker Little is going to win a starting tackle job

All right guys, as we transition from the draft to training camp, I want to go ahead and throw out the prediction/hope that Walker Little will make his way into the lineup this year. This guy is legit round one pick if not for his injury/lack of playing time, and he actually looked really good down the stretch the last year. If he clearly outplays Cam, this coaching staff will be wise to let him start left tackle and put cam at right tackle. However, at the least, he needs to be in the starting lineup at right tackle. Taylor has not done enough to make me buy into the idea of giving him further development time.

https://www.jaguars.com/news/jaguars-wal...-interview

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I sure hope he does.

If Taylor is starting, we've either seen a miracle turnaround from the former gatur, or we're in serious trouble.
And by we - I mean Trevor Lawrence.

Agreed. Taylor seems to be destined for backup status for most of his career, based on his body of work so far. I think you typically get a sense of what a tackle can do by year 3. Cam’s situation was a bit different, given he had suffered some major injuries.

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2022, 05:29 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-28-2022, 04:51 PM)Newton Wrote: All right guys, as we transition from the draft to training camp, I want to go ahead and throw out the prediction/hope that Walker Little will make his way into the lineup this year. This guy is legit round one pick if not for his injury/lack of playing time, and he actually looked really good down the stretch the last year. If he clearly outplays Cam, this coaching staff will be wise to let him start left tackle and put cam at right tackle. However, at the least, he needs to be in the starting lineup at right tackle. Taylor has not done enough to make me buy into the idea of giving him further development time.

From all the interviews I've seen with Pederson and Baalke, I'm pretty sure he's not competing with Cam.  He's competing with Taylor.  But I agree he should beat out Taylor.

(05-28-2022, 05:29 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-28-2022, 04:51 PM)Newton Wrote: All right guys, as we transition from the draft to training camp, I want to go ahead and throw out the prediction/hope that Walker Little will make his way into the lineup this year. This guy is legit round one pick if not for his injury/lack of playing time, and he actually looked really good down the stretch the last year. If he clearly outplays Cam, this coaching staff will be wise to let him start left tackle and put cam at right tackle. However, at the least, he needs to be in the starting lineup at right tackle. Taylor has not done enough to make me buy into the idea of giving him further development time.

From all the interviews I've seen with Pederson and Baalke, I'm pretty sure he's not competing with Cam.  He's competing with Taylor.  But I agree he should beat out Taylor.

You are probably right. If you give a guy the kind of money Cam received, you plan for him to start at left tackle. However, I would say don’t shut the door on competition. I will say, I have no idea how hard it will be for Little to transition to right tackle. It may require a lot of work to switch sides, and therefore limit amount of reps he could get at left tackle to compete in the first place.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!