Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's husband Paul arrested in California, charged with DUI

https://youtu.be/ohKJfV2BmEQ
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-29-2022, 05:06 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: https://youtu.be/ohKJfV2BmEQ

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2022, 11:17 PM by p_rushing.)

(10-29-2022, 12:36 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Paul Pelosi secretly called 911 while in front of the intruder and spoke in 'code' to dispatcher to convey what was happening: 'Why are you here? What are you going to do to me?' (msn.com)

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's husband was attacked by an intruder at their San Francisco home Friday.

Police said Paul Pelosi was somehow able to make a 911 call during the incident.

The 911 dispatcher knew something was wrong based on what she could overhear and alerted police.

The San Francisco Police Department confirmed during a press conference on Friday evening that Paul Pelosi, husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, was somehow able to call 911 before being attacked with a hammer, allowing dispatch to respond.

Police Chief William Scott said when officers arrived Paul Pelosi and the attacker were standing in the entryway to the home, each holding onto the hammer.

Confirmation that Paul Pelosi made a 911 call came after media reports said he had secretly called 911 so that the intruder would not know and spoke in a way that would alert the dispatcher to what was happening without giving himself away.

Sources told the Los Angeles Times Paul Pelosi told the intruder he needed to use the bathroom and called 911 after stepping away, leaving the line open. The Times reported dispatcher Heather Grimes overheard Paul Pelosi and the intruder talking and alerted police to the situation...

(10-29-2022, 11:44 AM)p_rushing Wrote: I forgot about the ropes or whatever else they claim he was going to use to try and tie Pelosi up with. We'll hear about some pink fluffy handcuffs soon.

Someone opened the door when the police arrived, so a 3rd unknown person was involved.
He had to go to the hospital and is still there but the police won't say what treatment he needed.
Elder abuse requires some type of relationship or caregiver.
The glass on the door is broken on the outside and appears to be bulletproof or laminated to stop this.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Your tinfoil hat needs a tune up.
This was already old news when I posted. The narrative has already fallen apart.

Let's see if the guy survives the hospital and is able to talk about his side of the story.
I want to see the body cam and security camera video if there is nothing to hide. There are a lot of holes in the info being shared that normally would have been shared. Add in all the spin by the media and democrats that was quickly shown to be false and new websites created in the last few months.

If I'm a politician running against a Democrat right now on a message of out of control crime, I'm would create a new ad because of this event....

Democrats are pushing defund the police and no cash bail policy while crime rates are rising. The Democrats don't want to keep you safe, they can't even keep themselves safe. Its time to drop the hammer on crime. Vote Republican!

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2022, 09:21 PM by Lucky2Last.)

I am so annoyed with our current state of journalism. I am having a hard time believing any of this is true. THIS IS NOT ME SAYING IT'S FALSE. I just can't get over how many hoaxes there are, and how the narrative gets spun in one direction without ANYONE in a position of authority asking good questions or working to verify information.

I'd love to see any body cam footage. I'd love it if they released the 9-1-1 call. It's available. Why not release it? Who opened the door for the police? Why would the assailant let Paul go to the bathroom with his phone? How did they only begin fighting over the hammer once police arrived? I mean, I can answer some of these questions if I just make up a story in my head, but could anyone in a position of power do anything but try to spin this like it's Trump's fault or the illuminati? We have data available? Why do we never see it?

Btw, if any of this stuff is available, I am happy to look at it. I just haven't seen any of it.

Elon Musk has already stuck his foot in it. Not a good start. 

Elon Musk deletes tweet with unfounded theory about Pelosi attack | Reuters

(10-30-2022, 09:21 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I am so annoyed with our current state of journalism. I am having a hard time believing any of this is true. THIS IS NOT ME SAYING IT'S FALSE. I just can't get over how many hoaxes there are, and how the narrative gets spun in one direction without ANYONE in a position of authority asking good questions or working to verify information.

I'd love to see any body cam footage. I'd love it if they released the 9-1-1 call. It's available. Why not release it? Who opened the door for the police? Why would the assailant let Paul go to the bathroom with his phone? How did they only begin fighting over the hammer once police arrived? I mean, I can answer some of these questions if I just make up a story in my head, but could anyone in a position of power do anything but try to spin this like it's Trump's fault or the illuminati? We have data available? Why do we never see it?

Btw, if any of this stuff is available, I am happy to look at it. I just haven't seen any of it.
There are security cameras everywhere. There are private security in the neighborhood. The police had body cameras on.

There is no way to break in without being seen and the police being notified.
(10-30-2022, 09:52 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Elon Musk has already stuck his foot in it. Not a good start. 

Unfounded for now but just as likely as the story the media is feeding us right now.

The police say they were in Pelosi's bedroom but don't say how they got to the bedroom from the front door. The story was that someone else let them in but now the MSM is claiming only the 2 of them were there. So how did 1 of them answer the door and let the police in but yet the police saw them wrestling over the hammer when they walked in?

(10-30-2022, 09:21 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I am so annoyed with our current state of journalism. I am having a hard time believing any of this is true. THIS IS NOT ME SAYING IT'S FALSE. I just can't get over how many hoaxes there are, and how the narrative gets spun in one direction without ANYONE in a position of authority asking good questions or working to verify information.

I hear you.  Having just watched some episodes of Dahmer on Netflix my mind has very strange ideas about how situations in homes where one dude has a hammer and ther other dude doesn't might play out.  I think we can assume (1) the assailant isn't very smart, and (2) he wanted to hurt Nancy, not Paul.  So Paul probably tried some delay/deescalation tactics and the assailant played along.  For a while.  We'll see.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(10-30-2022, 11:45 PM)mikesez Wrote: I hear you.  Having just watched some episodes of Dahmer on Netflix my mind has very strange ideas about how situations in homes where one dude has a hammer and ther other dude doesn't might play out.  I think we can assume (1) the assailant isn't very smart, and (2) he wanted to hurt Nancy, not Paul.  So Paul probably tried some delay/deescalation tactics and the assailant played along.  For a while.  We'll see.

The where's Nancy line hasn't been confirmed as being true. It's kinda of been dropped from the spin, so guessing it isn't true.

We know he wasn't smart but he's a druggie, homeless, and maybe prostitute. If Paul was infact the one that called, the dispatch audio says he was confused (drunk?, against his parole?). Where were his clothes? What was Paul wearing? Show us the video of him walking down the street in his underwear in the cool SF weather and of him breaking in. Show the police body cam. Who's hammer was it? What are the injuries that he suffered? He is still in the hospital, so he has to have some serious injuries to still be there.

You can't assume anything, that's what gets you believing whatever you are told. You need to actually read the actual facts and let the spin settle. Right now the facts all point to you don't get into that house without being picked up on cameras and setting off alarms. So just wait until the MSM stops changing the story and then at that point you can see they were lying all along. You probably won't ever know the truth because video won't be released.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2022, 01:50 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

The whole point of this circus is to engender political support for hammer control legislation. Ace Hardware, Home Depot, and Lowes are lobbying hard against it. Also, nail guns are MUCH safer and would NEVER be weaponized. The Equalizer movie was not based in reality.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(10-30-2022, 09:52 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Elon Musk has already stuck his foot in it. Not a good start. 

Who cares what Elon Musk does? There is a reason that people are dubious about this event, Musk included. We are CONSTANTLY being lied to by the establishment. I mean, they couldn't even make it A day without blaming Trump. KNOWING this guy is a leftist, they still put the blame on right wingers for this. Why would you assume they would only lie about that?

With the security they have, and with the bend of the media to peddle disinformation when it's convenient, people should be dubious of this claim. It doesn't mean it's not true. It just means that there are some really wonky details that could be eliminated with some security footage. Hell, even asking tough questions would be a start. "Hey Biden, why are you blaming right wingers for this attack?" 

Why do these people never have to be challenged? They have lied SO much, they don't deserve my trust. Or yours.

(10-31-2022, 07:58 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:

Who cares what Elon Musk does? There is a reason that people are dubious about this event, Musk included. We are CONSTANTLY being lied to by the establishment. I mean, they couldn't even make it A day without blaming Trump. KNOWING this guy is a leftist, they still put the blame on right wingers for this. Why would you assume they would only lie about that?

With the security they have, and with the bend of the media to peddle disinformation when it's convenient, people should be dubious of this claim. It doesn't mean it's not true. It just means that there are some really wonky details that could be eliminated with some security footage. Hell, even asking tough questions would be a start. "Hey Biden, why are you blaming right wingers for this attack?" 

Why do these people never have to be challenged? They have lied SO much, they don't deserve my trust. Or yours.

Who blamed Trump. And how could it possibly be on him? Lol. These people are freaking loony.

Biden: 

Quote:There’s too much violence, political violence, too much hatred, too much vitriol. And what makes us think that one party can talk about stolen elections, COVID being a hoax, that it’s all a bunch of lies, and it not affect people who may not be so well balanced.

Karine Jean-Pierre (press secretary):

Quote:The thing that is probably the most haunting about when we hear the reports of this assailant, of the attacker that you were speaking of is that he was yelling out the things that we heard during January 6, which is, ‘Where is Nancy?’" she continued. "And you know, again we need to end this type of rhetoric. It needs to stop, and it is incredibly, incredibly dangerous.

And what we saw on January 6 still exists. It still exists. But again, this should not be a partisan issue

Washington Post ran a piece about how Republicans have been increasingly encouraging violence ever since Trump:

Quote:For many Democrats, the attack on Nancy Pelosi’s husband represents the all-but-inevitable conclusion of Republicans’ increasingly violent and threatening rhetoric toward their political opponents — a phenomenon that escalated under former president Donald Trump, who prided himself on his inflammatory oratory and who was often reluctant to denounce white nationalists and others spewing hate speech," they claimed.

For a wide swath of Republicans, Pelosi is Enemy No. 1 — a target of the collective rage, conspiratorial thinking and overt misogyny that have marked the party’s hard-right turn in recent years.

Among far-right extremist groups, the anti-Pelosi memes are often cruder and more violent, but the demonization of the Democratic House leader is no fringe phenomenon. Her face — sometimes adorned with devil’s horns or a swastika — was plastered on signs at all the national rallies that led up to the Jan. 6 storming of the Capitol. Pelosi is such a frequent target that it’s common for right-wing pundits and protesters to refer to her only by her first name, as Jan. 6 insurrectionists did when roaming the halls of the Capitol searching for her while yelling: ‘Where are you, Nancy?’

The years of vilification culminated Friday when Pelosi’s husband, Paul, was attacked with a hammer during an early-morning break-in at the couple’s home in San Francisco by a man searching for the speaker and shouting ‘Where is Nancy? Where is Nancy?’ according to someone briefed on the assault

Senator Scott Weiner: 

Quote:This attack is terrifying, and the direct result of toxic right wing rhetoric and incitement against Speaker Pelosi and so many other progressive leaders. Paul Pelosi was brutally attacked for being married to one of the strongest Democratic leaders in our nation’s history. Paul is a fantastic person and I’m rooting for his recovery.

I’ve experienced firsthand how right wing political violence is on the rise in our country. The violence and threats that we as elected officials – and our families – face every single day badly damage democracy and must end. Words have consequences, and without question, the GOP’s hate and extremism has bred political violence. We must hold accountable leaders and public figures who incite this violence.

Governor Newsome:

Quote:This heinous assault is yet another example of the dangerous consequences of the divisive and hateful rhetoric that is putting lives at risk and undermining our very democracy and Democratic institutions. Those who are using their platforms to incite violence must be held to account.

Our leaders should never fear for their safety and the safety of their families in serving the people they were elected to represent – not in their homes, not at the U.S. Capitol, not anywhere. Jennifer and I wish Paul a speedy recovery and send our thoughts to Speaker Pelosi and their family during this time,

Who do you think he's talking about here? It's not the left. It's not Maxine Waters. It's not AOC. It's not Ilhan Omar. These are all word games. Sure, people on the right won't make that connection. Moderates will attempt to explain it as her just choosing a "random" example of political violence (lol so gullible), and the left leaning folks will use it as confirmation that Republicans are ruining democracy. 

Democrats are LITERALLY funding MAGA Republicans and making speeches about the threat to democracy. This is all theater, man. I could literally spend an hour doing this, but I don't want to waste my time. Virtually the entirety of the left made eluded to January 6th, like that's where the political violence started. It didn't. 

I'm sure something happened to Paul Pelosi, but I have no idea how it went down, because nobody cares about truth anymore. We the people don't care about holding our institutions accountable. We care about our team, and it will only get worse until we start collectively pushing back against the establishment. We are slowly ceding all of our liberty and money to a bunch of rich elites with god complexes and faux social concerns.

Democrats did indeed channel funds to election deniers in the republican party.
That means they are opportunistic hypocrites.
It doesn't mean that the election deniers are "all theater".
Election deniers are an existential threat to our system of government.

You're the only "thinker" I know that doesn't think.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2022, 05:19 PM by NewJagsCity.)

(10-31-2022, 01:47 PM)mikesez Wrote: Democrats did indeed channel funds to election deniers in the republican party.
That means they are opportunistic hypocrites.
It doesn't mean that the election deniers are "all theater".
Election deniers are an existential threat to our system of government.

Even more so are election stealers/meddlers.  Of all stripes.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I guess it's like the Bubba Wallace NASCAR thing. He saw a pull cord in his garage and thought it was a noose. If you look for something hard enough you'll find it. People are becoming more unhinged by the day and it's actually scary to think where we'll be as a society in 10 years. 

Trump certainly did the country no favors by acting foolish on Twitter but he definitely pulled the rug back on the hate and discontent from the progressives and the media. Then the media fan the flames and drive the division even more.

(10-31-2022, 05:39 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I guess it's like the Bubba Wallace NASCAR thing. He saw a pull cord in his garage and thought it was a noose. If you look for something hard enough you'll find it. People are becoming more unhinged by the day and it's actually scary to think where we'll be as a society in 10 years. 

Trump certainly did the country no favors by acting foolish on Twitter but he definitely pulled the rug back on the hate and discontent from the progressives and the media. Then the media fan the flames and drive the division even more.

Except he wasn't new to Nascar or a garage. He knew what it was or he's a terrible driver who has never been to the garage at any track.

Police, investigators, etc look at this an see what is going on. The story is being hidden for whatever reason. Either they want to use it to benefit them or they want to cover something up.

Now it's finally coming out that he's Canadian and here illegally. The crazy internet conspiracy theorists knew that on Friday as soon as they had the name. Why can't the media do research like those people?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(10-31-2022, 03:55 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: You're the only "thinker" I know that doesn't think.

You misheard, he's a "tinker" not a "thinker", that's why he's able to self-contort that way.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-01-2022, 09:41 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 03:55 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: You're the only "thinker" I know that doesn't think.

You misheard, he's a "tinker" not a "thinker", that's why he's able to self-contort that way.

What's the word for when you can think clearly enough to understand and believe experts on public health, but not experts in election security? Tanker? Stinker?