Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
$4.80 how high does it go!?

Just wait until hurricanes come. If rigs shut down, the prices are jumping. You will probably have lots of people dying instead of leaving because they can't afford the cost to evacuate.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2022, 10:03 AM by The Drifter. Edited 1 time in total.)

It just might get this bad people.......

[Image: tanksgas.jpg]

[Image: Fuelgauge.jpg]
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

It costs more than $80 to fill my 23 gallon tank. I'm now driving my husband's car to run errands and he's going to start driving his motorcycle to work. He said he saw $4.79 on his way home from work this morning and the county where he works is usually .10 cheaper than our county.

Hell, I've thought about buying a moped but those are not really safe on hilly country roads.

Yeah I just paid $70 to fill up yesterday. And I still had a 1/4 tank left

Wallbash

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(06-11-2022, 10:21 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: It costs more than $80 to fill my 23 gallon tank. I'm now driving my husband's car to run errands and he's going to start driving his motorcycle to work. He said he saw $4.79 on his way home from work this morning and the county where he works is usually .10 cheaper than our county.

Hell, I've thought about buying a moped but those are not really safe on hilly country roads.

Good on you for doing what you can though.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Up to 4.90 on the way in today I really believe we will see $6 in July this is just crazy
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(06-11-2022, 11:20 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-11-2022, 10:21 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: It costs more than $80 to fill my 23 gallon tank. I'm now driving my husband's car to run errands and he's going to start driving his motorcycle to work. He said he saw $4.79 on his way home from work this morning and the county where he works is usually .10 cheaper than our county.

Good on you for doing what you can though.

Don't have much of a choice. Gas went up .40/gallon in the last three weeks alone. Everything has increased in price exponentially not just gas. We still pay medical bills from a major surgery I had nearly four years ago on top on everything else. We actually make a decent income for a two person household but that money doesn't go nearly as far as it did two years ago, or even a year ago.

(06-12-2022, 12:55 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(06-11-2022, 11:20 AM)mikesez Wrote: Good on you for doing what you can though.

Don't have much of a choice. Gas went up .40/gallon in the last three weeks alone. Everything has increased in price exponentially not just gas. We still pay medical bills from a major surgery I had nearly four years ago on top on everything else. We actually make a decent income for a two person household but that money doesn't go nearly as far as it did two years ago, or even a year ago.

You didn't have insurance? Do you have insurance now?

(06-12-2022, 01:09 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-12-2022, 12:55 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Don't have much of a choice. Gas went up .40/gallon in the last three weeks alone. Everything has increased in price exponentially not just gas. We still pay medical bills from a major surgery I had nearly four years ago on top on everything else. We actually make a decent income for a two person household but that money doesn't go nearly as far as it did two years ago, or even a year ago.

You didn't have insurance? Do you have insurance now?

We did and we do but it was major surgery that included a lot of diagnostics ahead of it (that ended up being close to useless) and two 4 day hospital stays at Duke. Not cheap. Insurance paid their part but it certainly wasn't 100%. 

In 2020 they suspended payments from everyone due to Covid shutdowns. I guess they assumed everyone was laid off or whatever. I told them we were still employed/working and wanted to make payments but their system literally would not take payments, even customer service couldn't process payments. When they started accepting payments again they increased the monthly amount and shortened the time to pay it back (per your original agreement with them). 

Thankfully we could absorb the extra but I'm 100% sure many others couldn't.

(06-12-2022, 04:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(06-12-2022, 01:09 PM)mikesez Wrote: You didn't have insurance? Do you have insurance now?

We did and we do but it was major surgery that included a lot of diagnostics ahead of it (that ended up being close to useless) and two 4 day hospital stays at Duke. Not cheap. Insurance paid their part but it certainly wasn't 100%. 

In 2020 they suspended payments from everyone due to Covid shutdowns. I guess they assumed everyone was laid off or whatever. I told them we were still employed/working and wanted to make payments but their system literally would not take payments, even customer service couldn't process payments. When they started accepting payments again they increased the monthly amount and shortened the time to pay it back (per your original agreement with them). 

That's nuts.  
The middle managers that we let handle our banking and payments are not the cream of the crop, I guess.

Nope, they are not.

(06-12-2022, 07:03 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-12-2022, 04:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: We did and we do but it was major surgery that included a lot of diagnostics ahead of it (that ended up being close to useless) and two 4 day hospital stays at Duke. Not cheap. Insurance paid their part but it certainly wasn't 100%. 

That's nuts.  
The middle managers that we let handle our banking and payments are not the cream of the crop, I guess.
(06-12-2022, 08:54 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Nope, they are not.
Probably by design. I'm sure they got some tax break or additional funding from the government to suspended the payments. Then when you can't pay in the future, they write it off, sell it to collections, and probably end up ahead than if you paid it.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

^^^ Likely. I was shocked when they sent a check back. Moreso when they refused payment online and by phone. A bunch of BS.

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2022, 02:16 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 4 times in total.)

Back from seeing Coldplay in Tampa, filling up the tank and lo and behold $4.89 per gal. I saw $5.19 in Tampa, but skipped it hoping for lower at home. I was richly rewarded.

At least I can rest easy knowing that the concert was partially powered by 'kinetic floors' and electric bicycles ridden by attendees during the show (that must have been fun for them considering it was 88 degrees w/ prob 90% humidity down there at 10PM) like hamsters on a treadmill.

5 by the 4th here in Jax. That's my Independence Day slogan. Last POTUS, a low of $1.89 per. But of course, the current POTUS can't help it, I have to keep reminding myself.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Just gonna put this here. The guy is making too much sense for this to be on CBS News. At least some aren't ignoring the obvious. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gnKCKmftPZY

I think, and hope that OPEC will cash out on this by pumping more.

(06-21-2022, 03:04 PM)RedVervet29 Wrote: I think, and hope that OPEC will cash out on this by pumping more.

We have plenty of oil in the ground in the U.S., Why beg OPEC to pump out more when we have it right here in our own back yard....... Biden and the Democrats set out to cripple, and destroy the energy sector in this country, and it looks like they have done a good job of it.......
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

If only they would be allowed to solve it. Biden can tell US oil producers or refiners what to do, but he has limited control over OPEC. That is why I'm hoping for OPEC to come to the rescue. That and a peace deal in Ukraine would do some good.

(06-15-2022, 02:13 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Back from seeing Coldplay in Tampa, filling up the tank and lo and behold $4.89 per gal.  I saw $5.19 in Tampa, but skipped it hoping for lower at home.  I was richly rewarded.

At least I can rest easy knowing that the concert was partially powered by 'kinetic floors' and electric bicycles ridden by attendees during the show (that must have been fun for them considering it was 88 degrees w/ prob 90% humidity down there at 10PM) like hamsters on a treadmill. 

5 by the 4th here in Jax.  That's my Independence Day slogan.  Last POTUS, a low of $1.89 per.  But of course, the current POTUS can't help it, I have to keep reminding myself.

It's already blown past $5 in a lot of places.  Just got back from Las Vegas, the cheapest I could find there was $5.19
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

[Image: kygas.jpg]