Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 OTAs

(05-24-2022, 11:54 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I hope Walker shows up today.  He wasn't there yesterday for some reason
Someone said he was at a funeral.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jags have another OTA practice/workout scheduled for tomorrow, May 26, FYI

(05-24-2022, 11:56 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-24-2022, 11:54 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I hope Walker shows up today.  He wasn't there yesterday for some reason
Someone said he was at a funeral.

I read on twitter that all players were in attendance except two excused absences for a couple of guys who asked permission, weren't just no-shows. 
There were a handful ofd players not participating for various reasons but attended in street clothes for position meetings etc. 

Overall, a very good turnout when looking around the league and seeing holdouts on 7 or 8 teams not attending and not communicating.

(05-25-2022, 11:22 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Jags have another OTA practice/workout scheduled for tomorrow, May 26, FYI

(05-24-2022, 11:56 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Someone said he was at a funeral.

I read on twitter that all players were in attendance except two excused absences for a couple of guys who asked permission, weren't just no-shows. 
There were a handful ofd players not participating for various reasons but attended in street clothes for position meetings etc. 

Overall, a very good turnout when looking around the league and seeing holdouts on 7 or 8 teams not attending and not communicating.

This is a good sign, I hope the new players enjoy being a Jaguar. If the team is intrinsically motivated, I believe it will payoff dividends in the future.

(05-25-2022, 11:22 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Overall, a very good turnout when looking around the league and seeing holdouts on 7 or 8 teams not attending and not communicating.

While true, I wouldn't hate having a player or two who was outperforming their contract to the point that they felt they had to hold out.

(05-25-2022, 11:16 PM)Upper Wrote:
(05-25-2022, 11:22 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Overall, a very good turnout when looking around the league and seeing holdouts on 7 or 8 teams not attending and not communicating.

While true, I wouldn't hate having a player or two who was outperforming their contract to the point that they felt they had to hold out.

...give JRob till next year, please. Wink

(05-26-2022, 08:30 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-25-2022, 11:16 PM)Upper Wrote: While true, I wouldn't hate having a player or two who was outperforming their contract to the point that they felt they had to hold out.

I should have prefaced please not an RB lol.

Pretty tough to be in that position in year 2 of a rebuild.

That would immediately make them the bane of the fanbase's existence.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2022, 04:46 PM by Popeye. Edited 1 time in total.)

Actually really into OTA's this season, which is a good feeling compared to season's past where I really didn't give a ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXGNk35RjvE

Drink the kool-aid.
Go ahead.
Have a healthy gulp of it.

I’m all in.

(05-26-2022, 07:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXGNk35RjvE

Drink the kool-aid.
Go ahead.
These have been really great. Lloyd is impressive. Walker looks like a guy who doesn't really want to be in front of the camera and would rather be on the field.

(05-25-2022, 11:22 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Jags have another OTA practice/workout scheduled for tomorrow, May 26, FYI

(05-24-2022, 11:56 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Someone said he was at a funeral.

That's the benefit of winning a total of 3 games in 2 years.  We have no overachievers that feel as if they are underpaid.  Our veterans are just happy to be in the NFL.

(05-26-2022, 07:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXGNk35RjvE

Drink the kool-aid.
Go ahead.

Something which impresses me with the four top draft picks is that they're all high character guys. They all come from good families with strong ethics. Gene Smith would be proud.  Tongue

(05-27-2022, 11:20 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Drink the kool-aid.
Go ahead.

Something which impresses me with the four top draft picks is that they're all high character guys. They all come from good families with strong ethics. Gene Smith would be proud.  Tongue

Every time I hear Baalke and Pederson mention high character I can't help but think of Gene and it gives me a chill, but they seem to understand a bit more about the balance between character and athletic talent so far. We'll see, I guess. 

All that aside, the clips in that video featuring Lloyd in his interview with the Jags are very impressive. 
You don't encounter many 23 year olds with that type of understanding about leadership. 

I held an interim position in management last year until we could fill it  - and it involved wrangling a staff that included around 20-25 kids under 25 years old. I found 2 of them that had even an ounce of those kind of leadership qualities and they still had to be coaxed into realizing their potential. It's rare.

(05-26-2022, 08:30 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-25-2022, 11:16 PM)Upper Wrote: While true, I wouldn't hate having a player or two who was outperforming their contract to the point that they felt they had to hold out.

JRob has impressed for 1.7 years at the position. He was the beneficiary of ETN's injury and played Very Well until his injury due to the fact of being a Bell Cow. Playing w/an injury. Now that ETN is full strength (prayers up) and the drafting of Snoop, JRob may not be the focal point at the position any more to be commanding.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2022, 02:27 PM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

The replies say Little was playing RT the whole time so that is some good news. I wish they would just move Taylor to guard, but it's something.

https://twitter.com/apmarklong/status/15...7XpmXXpVyA

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2022, 04:32 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

If memory serves me correctly, Jawaan Taylor has a tendency to draw penalties precisely when we can least afford it.

I had high hopes for Kevin Austin but I'm not seeing his name mentioned much is these write ups.