Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 OTAs

(05-31-2022, 02:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/JStCyrTV/status/1531...om_VHqFbEQ

They look like the same exact player physically. LOL.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2022, 04:58 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-31-2022, 02:25 PM)Upper Wrote: The replies say Little was playing RT the whole time so that is some good news. I wish they would just move Taylor to guard, but it's something.

https://twitter.com/apmarklong/status/15...7XpmXXpVyA

(05-31-2022, 04:29 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: If memory serves me correctly, Jawaan Taylor has a tendency to draw penalties precisely when we can least afford it.

I had high hopes for Kevin Austin but I'm not seeing his name mentioned much is these write ups.

Taylor is probably one of the most, if not, THE most penalized lineman on the team. I also recall a good amount of plays where he was flagged after a solid pick-up on offense. He's a momentum killer. The less time he spends on the field the better. I haven't seen anything out of Austin lately neither. Probably not good but it's also still early. 

Little is going to be a starter this year. There's no doubt about it. There was an article about this back in January or February from the Florida Times-Union. They had him moving back and forth last year at LT and RT. After he had that last minute start against Buffalo when Robinson's back injury happened during warm up's he showed he can handle it in a pinch. 

He ended up grading out as the best overall lineman last year for this team. Now, granted, he only had a little over 220 snaps last year. However, lineman play is fairly consistent. And, the fact that he ultimately graded out higher than every other starter on the line last year merits him starting this year for sure. 

I think he's going to be a good starter at RT. Especially in this RPO system with Pederson. Will be a thing of beauty when this kid kicks outside to block on a swing pass to Etienne and he gets to the 2nd level. He seems like a good fit over there.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-31-2022, 04:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...CvrKjGFkXQ

"Etienne looks like his old self"..

Very promising..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I heard Taylor was being moved to guard whether he likes it or not.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-31-2022, 07:27 PM)Dimson Wrote: I heard Taylor was being moved to guard whether he likes it or not.

There was a rumor before the draft they had told him he was a guard.  They however make him a swing tackle perhaps?  He was playing LT today with Cam not being there.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(05-31-2022, 07:27 PM)Dimson Wrote: I heard Taylor was being moved to guard whether he likes it or not.

He will likely play guard or tackle if someone gets hurt

1:27 Christian Kirk smooth as hell I must say.

Thank goodness for another thread about OTAs which shows a mashup of all the other videos shown in the original thread. At last!

(06-01-2022, 06:57 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Thank goodness for another thread about OTAs which shows a mashup of all the other videos shown in the original thread. At last!

merged

------

regarding the highlight vid 
  •  the 60 yard bomb to Zay Jones from Trevor was pretty impressive. 
  • Etienne looks fast in all of his clips
  • It was mostly second team, but I noticed plenty of drills on short passes to depth TEs - I think we'll see lots of that in season

(06-01-2022, 11:11 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Said bomB:

https://twitter.com/MattLombardoNFL/stat...9_7-R2mK_g

Pro: Pretty.

Con: Everyone looks good in shorts while Jones has been mediocre in games.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

New offensive minded, super bowl winning head coach brings in 2 WRs and 1TE in FA to surround your 22 year old franchise qb who already has 17 starts under his belt-yeah I like that. Even the rookie that will compete for the starting center spot is older than TLaw. Things are looking up in Jacksonville with a really good coach at the helm. The biggest thing that I have noticed is more of an attacking style on both offense and defense under this new regime.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(06-01-2022, 12:26 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-01-2022, 11:11 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Said bomB:

https://twitter.com/MattLombardoNFL/stat...9_7-R2mK_g

Pro: Pretty.

Yep, its like clockwork every year.

> Sees the team in shorts, everyone gets excited
> Week 1 hits, reality sets back in for better (2017) or worse(the rest since 2007).

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2022, 03:30 PM by Jag149. Edited 1 time in total.)

(06-03-2022, 02:26 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(06-01-2022, 12:26 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Pro: Pretty.

Yep, its like clockwork every year.

> Sees the team in shorts, everyone gets excited
> Week 1 hits, reality sets back in for better (2017) or worse(the rest since 2007).

Yea, this is repeated by fans across all 32 teams to one extent or another. The first indication of the abilities of this team is what 62 days away? (August 4th)  I believe they are gonna scrimmage another team, the play selection usually is pretty vanilla and the collective effort of the teams is always suspect during those.  But, at least we are not beginning to see the dysfunction of the last regime.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

*raises hand*

Self aware fan here.

Do I wait anxiously for the draft every year only to still have no idea if it really helped us or not when it's over?
Yes

Do I begin to pointlessly speculate in March and April how free agent additions and losses will affect us?
Yes

Do I allow myself to get excited about the potential of a few good players or prospects during the offseason every single year?
Yes

Am I aware of this cycle?
Yes

Is a cynical post on a message board going to change any of this?

[Image: giphy.gif]

It's called being a fan.  
Not sure I could endure the Jags' cycle of sadness as long as I have if I didn't allow myself to have a little hope in the offseason.

(06-03-2022, 04:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: *raises hand*

Self aware fan here.

Do I wait anxiously for the draft every year only to still have no idea if it really helped us or not when it's over?
Yes

Do I begin to pointlessly speculate in March and April how free agent additions and losses will affect us?
Yes

Do I allow myself to get excited about the potential of a few good players or prospects during the offseason every single year?
Yes

Am I aware of this cycle?
Yes

Is a cynical post on a message board going to change any of this?

[Image: giphy.gif]

It's called being a fan.  
Not sure I could endure the Jags' cycle of sadness as long as I have if I didn't allow myself to have a little hope in the offseason.

Well said!

I see Manhertz is in mid season form LOL...
https://twitter.com/JStCyrTV/status/1533830436568371203