Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
is Frank Gore 1st ballot?

16,000 yards which ranks 3rd all time. 

Other than 2005, he never rushed for more than 1214 yards. He scored double digit rushing TDs 1 time. 6 seasons of not rushing for 1000 yards.

5 time Pro Bowl, all decade 2010s, 

I think he’s a 1st ballot just based on stats. I low key want Fred Taylor to get in so badly that I hope Frank and Adrian get held back a few times. To be honest they are both 1st ballot guys. Both players tore their knee up and both players had heck of a careers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Doubtful.

You've already got Big Ben and Whitworth in this class, along with a likely backlog of recent retirees who have yet to make the hall.

He may get in based on longevity, but longevity isn't something that makes you an instant enshrinee. This will make it harder on guys like Freddy, because Gore will soon become the top of the heap when RB not in the hall are discussed.

No he just played really long but imo was never a top 3 RB
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I hope so. Helps Fred's case.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2022, 06:26 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

He’s 3rd all time, he has to make it tho. Right? He basically put 5 or 6 more years on his resume after San Fran. Fred Taylor have the whole league a 3 year head start due to injuries.

If you take away 36 prime games away from Gore in his prime, he doesn’t have the number Taylor does.

Gore is in. Don't know about first ballot though.

More interestingly - have you seen him box yet??
Dude is apparently serious about it.

https://www.si.com/boxing/2022/05/15/fra...-win-debut

Never saw a top stat leader look so unimpressive. It's really weird because Emmitt had a 4.2 yards per carry and Gore had a 4.3 yards per carry. Somehow, Emmitt made his carries look much more impressive.

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2022, 01:53 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

(06-05-2022, 11:18 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Never saw a top stat leader look so unimpressive.  It's really weird because Emmitt had a 4.2 yards per carry and Gore had a 4.3 yards per carry.  Somehow, Emmitt made his carries look much more impressive.

I agree. He wasn’t a flashy runner at all.

(06-05-2022, 11:18 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Never saw a top stat leader look so unimpressive.  It's really weird because Emmitt had a 4.2 yards per carry and Gore had a 4.3 yards per carry.  Somehow, Emmitt made his carries look much more impressive.

What did Fred Taylor have?  Find anyone that had higher other than Barry

(06-05-2022, 04:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

What did Fred Taylor have?  Find anyone that had higher other than Barry

Freddie T had 4.6 yards per carry whereas Barry had 5.0 which is even more impressive since he had a tendency to lose yardage with a lot of his carries and did not have the OLine that Emmitt had.

(06-03-2022, 12:04 PM)EricC85 Wrote: No he just played really long but imo was never a top 3 RB

Agreed. I dislike the longevity Hall of Famers who didn't scare opposing teams. Yes, I'm looking at you Art Monk and Curtis Martin. Just create a Hall of Honorable Mention for them and stick it in an armpit place like Toledo, down the street from Canton.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(06-06-2022, 04:12 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(06-03-2022, 12:04 PM)EricC85 Wrote: No he just played really long but imo was never a top 3 RB

Agreed. I dislike the longevity Hall of Famers who didn't scare opposing teams. Yes, I'm looking at you Art Monk and Curtis Martin. Just create a Hall of Honorable Mention for them and stick it in an armpit place like Toledo, down the street from Canton.

Monk's numbers were pretty crazy for his era, I think his case for the hall is legit.

But whatever disagreement we have is offset by your spite toward Akron. This made me smile more than it probably should have.

(06-06-2022, 04:12 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

Underrated post

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2022, 06:30 AM by Caldrac. Edited 3 times in total.)

Was glad to see Curtis Martin's name in here. That's exactly who Frank Gore reminds me of. While longevity and total career yardage is admirable. I don't think it always translates into someone being hall of fame worthy. That doesn't take away from them by any means. It just means you can have a really nice, steady career and be good at your job for awhile.

There's a lot of players that have done this throughout the NFL, for sure. Is Frank Gore a hall of famer? Sure. I don't think he's a slam dunk 1st ballot selection though. Our very own Maurice Jones-Drew shared this article back in February of this year.

https://www.nfl.com/news/rb-index-eight-...ecognition

Fully agree with his list. I would place Fred Taylor, Eddie George, Ricky Watters, Corey Dillon, Marshawn Lynch & Adrian Peterson into the hall of fame before considering Frank Gore. Frank was a grinder. He wasn't very splashy or flashy. Again, more than one way to get it done in the NFL. However, compared to these other guys listed above? They just seem to stick out like a sore thumb as far as memorable moments, historical moments and specific milestones.

Freddy will always be remembered for owning the Dolphins and owning the Steelers. Marshawn Lynch will forever be remembered as the guy that broke down the entire Saints defense on the earthquake rumble run and also that guy that SHOULD have received the football at the 1 yard line to potentially get the go ahead win over the Patriots in that Superbowl game.

Frank is just that "guy" that did it for a long time.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I think another RB that wasn’t flashy or splashy is Edgerrin James. He came in the league a year after Freddy T. Edge put up big numbers on an elite team with Peyton Manning. Manning opened up the run game. Taylor faced stacked boxes with Leftwich and Garrard.

Adrian Peterson seems like a sure-fire first-ballot Hall of Famer. Al Gore will get in, and he probably deserves to, but he will probably have to wait until Peterson gets in.

It would also be nice to see Fred Taylor get in before Frank Gore too. Even though Fred didn't have the career numbers of Gore, he was still a better running back, IMO.
[Image: pqk1i5F.jpg]

(06-12-2022, 07:12 PM)Portofino43 Wrote: Adrian Peterson seems like a sure-fire first-ballot Hall of Famer.  Al Gore will get in, and he probably deserves to, but he will probably have to wait until Peterson gets in. 

It would also be nice to see Fred Taylor get in before Frank Gore too.  Even though Fred didn't have the career numbers of Gore, he was still a better running back, IMO.

AP is absolutely a first-ballot HOF. He's broken 2K, has at least one MVP, and his stats are at the top of the career charts.

Al Gore probably thinks he invented the RB position. Wink