Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chaisson says the draft lit a fire under him! He is motivated!

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2022, 01:44 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

It’s funny when people thinking “coaching” can make a pro football player better.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-05-2022, 01:43 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: It’s funny when people thinking “coaching” can make a pro football player better.

It can certainly make them worse. In the case of Chaisson, he was a very young, very raw guy brought in to play a position he'd never played who was then "developed" by Todd Wash. I don't know if he was bad or just had whatever potential he had wasted/ruined by the Clownshow.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-05-2022, 01:43 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: It’s funny when people thinking “coaching” can make a pro football player better.

I sure have heard a lot of pro football players say that coaching improved their play.

I guess they were all lying. 

We should probably just do away with coaches altogether.

Coaching can definitely help if a player is receptive to it. You're never to old to learn something new and these players, even the vets are very young.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2022, 04:32 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

It can definitely make a football player better.  You don't think better coaching/scheme etc. can make a player better.  You don't think Meyer made us worse?  I definitely think Doug can help make some of our players better whether it's the way he talks to players and they trust him because he knows what he's doing, put them in a better position,  respect him and play harder or what ever. Doug can coach them up. Coaching definitely makes a difference, you're fooling your self if you don't think it does.

(06-05-2022, 12:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-05-2022, 10:05 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Tebow was motivated. Sometimes all the motivation in the world can't overcome the lack of talent to perform at the NFL level.

I hate to say it but I just watched the Georgia vs Bama BCS Championship game over, focusing on Trevon Walker on each play.  As a pass rusher, he got no penetration toward the QB, which reminded me a lot of Chaisson.  That said, I'd almost be inclined to state both of them would be better served at playing the LB position in a 3-4 scheme.  As noted, neither get penetration when lined up against an OT so their speed could be better served in blitzing schemes or 2nd level run stoppers and marginal pass coverage use.

To be fair Walker was going up against the best tackle in college that game in Neal.  I don't even think many men will beat Neal in the NFL

If that's the case, perhaps we should have gone after Neal, although Walker did line up on the left and right during that game. Only time will tell -- pure speculation at this point.  Anyway, back to the subject matter (Chaisson) for now.  Perhaps OLB would be the best fit for him.... who knows.

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2022, 08:16 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(06-05-2022, 12:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-04-2022, 11:34 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Unmotivated from the start, a consensus bust, and now he's motivated. Hell, I would be too if I was him. He's staring down the end of his career if he doesn't make this year's squad.

One of Caldwells truly awful moves, along with Jawhan Taylor, Taven Bryan and the re-signing of Bortles.

Add Yeldon to the list.  Taylor was good value but he just hasn't panned out.  What made it a bad pick is us passing on DK Metcalf.  A lot thought Taylor was going in the first round he just hasn't improved

Taylor may have been good value, but he hasn't turned out to be a good pick. Since Yeldon and Taylor were both second round picks, I might call them similar performers, with more expectations for Taylor for some reason. Yeldon was a spot player though, where Taylor has been pretty much a starter since the beginning of his career. Based on that I would say that Yeldon ended up being a better selection.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(06-04-2022, 12:12 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I dont' expect anything from him but would be a very pleasant surprise if he turned into at least a role player.   I don't know why he lacked motivation before but now he is saying it's "10x" bigger now.

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2022/06...under-him/

Well I guess that's better response than the alternatives of "Huh? Walker? I been on a bender and April is still kinda fuzzy", "Meh", or "I want a trade"

Action, not words. Won't believe anything till I see it.

[BLEEP] are you talking about?

You think High School and College coaches know everything?

There's a reason they're in those places instead of the NFL.

Of course coaches can help make a player better... you've never played football or a sport in your life, have you?

(06-05-2022, 08:14 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(06-05-2022, 12:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Add Yeldon to the list.  Taylor was good value but he just hasn't panned out.  What made it a bad pick is us passing on DK Metcalf.  A lot thought Taylor was going in the first round he just hasn't improved

Taylor may have been good value, but he hasn't turned out to be a good pick. Since Yeldon and Taylor were both second round picks, I might call them similar performers, with more expectations for Taylor for some reason.  Yeldon was a spot player though, where Taylor has been pretty much a starter since the beginning of his career. Based on that I would say that Yeldon ended up being a better selection.

If you look at it like that then Luke Joke was a much worse pick than Taylor.  He was even worse and the 2nd pick overall.  I liked the Joeckel though he just never panned out

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2022, 10:04 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(06-06-2022, 09:18 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-05-2022, 08:14 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Taylor may have been good value, but he hasn't turned out to be a good pick. Since Yeldon and Taylor were both second round picks, I might call them similar performers, with more expectations for Taylor for some reason.  Yeldon was a spot player though, where Taylor has been pretty much a starter since the beginning of his career. Based on that I would say that Yeldon ended up being a better selection.

If you look at it like that then Luke Joke was a much worse pick than Taylor.  He was even worse and the 2nd pick overall.  I liked the Joeckel though he just never panned out

Agreed; Joekel a much bigger bust; but he was overdrafted anyway IMO. Whether he would have gotten better if not injured, we'll never know.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2022, 10:36 AM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 1 time in total.)

[Image: giphy.gif]

This is definitely in the top 5 of the dumbest comments ever made on this MB  Laughing Laughing  Congrats!!
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

I suggested in another thread how it goes: In the year his replacement is drafted, the light will come on and he'll play lights out. The Jags then have a bit of a situation because they'll possibly have three good pass rushers and teams only keep two.

They can't cut Walker and Josh Allen is better. They'll have to decide which way to gamble. Let Allen go who's more proven, or gamble on Chaisson who's going have one monster season.

Pretty good problem to have, but hopefully they take the right gamble.

14+ sack season from Chaisson....go head and lock it.

(06-06-2022, 08:22 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: I suggested in another thread how it goes: In the year his replacement is drafted, the light will come on and he'll play lights out. The Jags then have a bit of a situation because they'll possibly have three good pass rushers and teams only keep two.

They can't cut Walker and Josh Allen is better. They'll have to decide which way to gamble. Let Allen go who's more proven, or gamble on Chaisson who's going have one monster season.

That is the most #becausejaguars thing ever.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(06-06-2022, 08:22 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: I suggested in another thread how it goes: In the year his replacement is drafted, the light will come on and he'll play lights out. The Jags then have a bit of a situation because they'll possibly have three good pass rushers and teams only keep two.

Wait, Chiasson is only in year 3 of a 4-year deal, why would we be cutting anyone if he magically puts up 7 times his career sack numbers this season?

Heck, if he plays lights out, we can either trade him or move on from bandaids like Smoot and Key.

I ain't holding my breath on this possibility, though.

I'll eat my shoe

Can't wait for our company to do away with it's random drug testing so I can smoke or inject whatever you are taking.

I have to admit when I read this I assume it was sarcastic..please tell me it was sarcastic.

(06-07-2022, 02:56 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote:

I have to admit when I read this I assume it was sarcastic..please tell me it was sarcastic.

He has 12,977 posts.  There's plenty more where that came from.

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2022, 06:08 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

(06-05-2022, 12:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-04-2022, 11:34 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Unmotivated from the start, a consensus bust, and now he's motivated. Hell, I would be too if I was him. He's staring down the end of his career if he doesn't make this year's squad.

One of Caldwells truly awful moves, along with Jawhan Taylor, Taven Bryan and the re-signing of Bortles.

Add Yeldon to the list.  Taylor was good value but he just hasn't panned out.  What made it a bad pick is us passing on DK Metcalf.  A lot thought Taylor was going in the first round he just hasn't improved

Did you not read the handbook? The jags are not allowed to draft fast exciting game breaking wide receivers.

We arent allowed to be fast on offense period. Just refer back to every season