Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
LIV Golf Series

The Match was a fun watch. Having it at night on prime time was a good call.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-11-2022, 12:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The Match was a fun watch. Having it at night on prime time was a good call.

That was definitely pretty cool

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Anyone missing the LIV players during today's 1st round at the Players?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(03-09-2023, 05:38 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Anyone missing the LIV players during today's 1st round at the Players?

I was there today and I did miss a few. It's too bad Cam isn't able to defend his title. Dustin Johnson, Ian Poulter and Louis Oosthuizen also crossed my mind. Louis's swing is even more beautiful to behold in person. Also, Koepka and Dechambeau always brought energy to the Stadium course. Yes, I missed them.

(03-09-2023, 09:27 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-09-2023, 05:38 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Anyone missing the LIV players during today's 1st round at the Players?

I was there today and I did miss a few. It's too bad Cam isn't able to defend his title. Dustin Johnson, Ian Poulter and Louis Oosthuizen also crossed my mind. Louis's swing is even more beautiful to behold in person. Also, Koepka and Dechambeau always brought energy to the Stadium course. Yes, I missed them.

Will we miss them in a year or two, or will new stars rise on the PGA Tour and make us forget the guys who left?

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2023, 08:54 AM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-10-2023, 08:03 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-09-2023, 09:27 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I was there today and I did miss a few. It's too bad Cam isn't able to defend his title. Dustin Johnson, Ian Poulter and Louis Oosthuizen also crossed my mind. Louis's swing is even more beautiful to behold in person. Also, Koepka and Dechambeau always brought energy to the Stadium course. Yes, I missed them.

Will we miss them in a year or two, or will new stars rise on the PGA Tour and make us forget the guys who left?

Yes, naturally. Time and ascendancy of young new talent is a continuing cycle in any sport. On that same note, no one misses Patrick Reed.

My son and I had just entered the grounds and popped up behind the 17th tee as Hayden Buckley hit his hole-in-one. I saw the ball land and commented to my son about what a good shot it was. I had averted my eyes to weave through other fans when the crowd erupted. What a way for us to start the day.

2023 Players has become a rout.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

The LIV tournament in Adelaide is a big attendance draw.

https://www.livgolf.com/

Bryson DeChambeau just drove a 200 yard par 3 with a 9 iron.

Ridiculous.

Also, what Phil is doing in his 50s is incredibly impressive.

(11-22-2023, 06:23 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Jon Rahm to LIV? This would be huge.

I thought the whole point of this merger was to bring the best players in the world together again and get rid of that LIV crap. The PGA without Rahm would continue to push me away from watching golf on weekends. Keeps watering down the product. Tired of seeing tournaments with the No. 252nd player in the world battling it out with No. 456th.

Looks like it’s happening. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/golf/jon-...575409.amp

(12-01-2023, 01:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Looks like it’s happening. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/golf/jon-...575409.amp

Sounds like golf continues to go down the [BLEEP].
Outside of the majors and any Tiger event, no one going to watch anymore.

Golf is great for a Sunday afternoon nap when it's not football season. You doze off when they're on the 10th hole, and you wake up, they're on the 14th hole, and nothing has changed.

All of this garbage has made me totally lose interest in all golf.  I can't remember the last time I watched any at all.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-01-2023, 05:10 PM)RicoTx Wrote: All of this garbage has made me totally lose interest in all golf.  I can't remember the last time I watched any at all.

Yep.  They're killing the golden goose.

Whatever. It’s golf played by really good golf players. In both leagues. I enjoy watching that.

(12-07-2023, 11:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07yFiE3qRPk

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgflip.com%2Fwslr8.j...ipo=images]