Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
January 6 Committee: Thousands of Interviews, Few New Facts

(06-10-2022, 09:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Former Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio fined $100,000 by Commanders for ‘dustup’ comments (news4jax.com)

Free speech for all except those who challenge the leftist narrative.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-10-2022, 09:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Former Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio fined $100,000 by Commanders for ‘dustup’ comments (news4jax.com)

Ridiculous

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(06-10-2022, 09:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Free speech for all except those who challenge the leftist narrative.

Go ahead and start a football league where all the coaches and players can say whatever authoritarian wet dream rhetoric they want. You're free to do so.  But will you fine your coaches and players for expressing mainstream opinions that are informed by verifiable facts?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-10-2022, 10:27 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-10-2022, 09:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Free speech for all except those who challenge the leftist narrative.

Go ahead and start a football league where all the coaches and players can say whatever authoritarian wet dream rhetoric they want. You're free to do so.  But will you fine your coaches and players for expressing mainstream opinions that are informed by verifiable facts?

Like the Redskins just did JDR? Nope.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-10-2022, 11:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-10-2022, 10:27 PM)mikesez Wrote: Go ahead and start a football league where all the coaches and players can say whatever authoritarian wet dream rhetoric they want. You're free to do so.  But will you fine your coaches and players for expressing mainstream opinions that are informed by verifiable facts?

Like the Redskins just did JDR? Nope.

You love to tap dance around questions.

(06-10-2022, 11:42 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-10-2022, 11:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Like the Redskins just did JDR? Nope.

lololololol

Srop stealing my material

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(06-10-2022, 11:42 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-10-2022, 11:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Like the Redskins just did JDR? Nope.

I answered your stupid question. When my coaches express mainstream opinions verified by facts like JDR just did I will not fine them like the Redskins did. Just because the facts hurt your feelings doesn't make them less factual.

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2022, 08:07 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(06-10-2022, 09:54 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:

Ridiculous

I think what he said was pretty stupid, but I think him getting fined for it is even worse.

There used to be an unwritten rule for people in the public eye to not talk politics or religion. Twitter, and technology in general, has turned everyone into a blathering pundit.

See? I'm blathering right now.

(06-11-2022, 12:37 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-10-2022, 11:42 PM)mikesez Wrote: You love to tap dance around questions.

I answered your stupid question. When my coaches express mainstream opinions verified by facts like JDR just did I will not fine them like the Redskins did. Just because the facts hurt your feelings doesn't make them less factual.

You answered my question with snark.. The facts say that Jan 6 was the most serious threat to our constitution since the Civil War.  Mainstream opinion supported by facts would not call it a dust up. And you know this, but it amuses and validates you to pretend otherwise.

(06-11-2022, 08:06 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-10-2022, 09:54 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Ridiculous

I think what he said was pretty stupid, but I think him getting fined for it is even worse.

Typically I'd agree.  We know JDR has prominently attended rallies for Republican candidates for years.  He's allowed to have opinions, and express them. But as Karl Popper said, there must be limits to tolerance.  We can not tolerate expressions that are intended to or have the direction of ending tolerance and democratic choice itself.

(06-11-2022, 09:41 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-11-2022, 08:06 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think what he said was pretty stupid, but I think him getting fined for it is even worse.

Typically I'd agree.  We know JDR has prominently attended rallies for Republican candidates for years.  He's allowed to have opinions, and express them. But as Karl Popper said, there must be limits to tolerance.  We can not tolerate expressions that are intended to or have the direction of ending tolerance and democratic choice itself.

Lately, the leftist in this country treat tolerance in this country as a one way street. If you don't agree with them, they will not tolerate it......
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(06-11-2022, 09:41 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-11-2022, 08:06 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think what he said was pretty stupid, but I think him getting fined for it is even worse.

In what way did JDR’s comments have the direction of ending tolerance and democratic choice?

(06-11-2022, 09:57 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-11-2022, 09:41 AM)mikesez Wrote: Typically I'd agree.  We know JDR has prominently attended rallies for Republican candidates for years.  He's allowed to have opinions, and express them. But as Karl Popper said, there must be limits to tolerance.  We can not tolerate expressions that are intended to or have the direction of ending tolerance and democratic choice itself.

In what way did JDR’s comments have the direction of ending tolerance and democratic choice?

The entire point of the January 6th insurrection was to install Donald Trump as President for another term, in spite of all of the constitutionally normal, democratically voted on procedures saying that he should not be.
Excusing the January 6 insurrection or minimizing it has the direction of allowing it to be attempted again.

The FBI's involvement in January 6th should be every bit as threatening to our democracy, but you're an establishment apologist.

(06-11-2022, 09:17 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-11-2022, 12:37 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I answered your stupid question. When my coaches express mainstream opinions verified by facts like JDR just did I will not fine them like the Redskins did. Just because the facts hurt your feelings doesn't make them less factual.

You answered my question with snark.. The facts say that Jan 6 was the most serious threat to our constitution since the Civil War.  Mainstream opinion supported by facts would not call it a dust up. And you know this, but it amuses and validates you to pretend otherwise.

The most serious threat to our constitution is the misinformed, under informed and emotionally manipulated electorate that put the current democrat president and members of congress in place coupled with a desire to not enforce immigration laws and additionally creating a voting system that leaves the door wide open for fraud especially in the most recent election with so many mail in ballots.

What could be more of a threat to the constitution than accelerating a change in the electorate through immigration policy or lack thereof?  We have a party hellbent on growing their base by not enforcing borders and immigration laws and an intention of granting amnesty and also a party that’s ok with potentially insecure elections.  All of which lead to cancelling out votes of current legal citizens of this country.  This same party sees the constitution as an obstacle to their goals which was written by racists. That’s your threat to the the constitution.

(06-11-2022, 12:01 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: The FBI's involvement in January 6th should be every bit as threatening to our democracy, but you're an establishment apologist.

Got any links?

(06-11-2022, 12:15 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(06-11-2022, 09:17 AM)mikesez Wrote: You answered my question with snark.. The facts say that Jan 6 was the most serious threat to our constitution since the Civil War.  Mainstream opinion supported by facts would not call it a dust up. And you know this, but it amuses and validates you to pretend otherwise.

The most serious threat to our constitution is the misinformed, under informed and emotionally manipulated electorate that put the current democrat president and members of congress in place coupled with a desire to not enforce immigration laws and additionally creating a voting system that leaves the door wide open for fraud especially in the most recent election with so many mail in ballots.

What could be more of a threat to the constitution than accelerating a change in the electorate through immigration policy or lack thereof?  We have a party hellbent on growing their base by not enforcing borders and immigration laws and an intention of granting amnesty and also a party that’s ok with potentially insecure elections.  All of which lead to cancelling out votes of current legal citizens of this country.  This same party sees the constitution as an obstacle to their goals which was written by racists. That’s your threat to the the constitution.

The door is not wide open for fraud.  Ballots are only sent to real people.
It is too easy to immigrate illegally, I agree.
But even the amnesty that democrats (and Marco Rubio) proposed does not confer citizenship or voting rights immediately.  They were going to have to wait 13 years even if they did everything right.
Our population has grown by immigration continuously ever since their was a Constitution.   
Everything you list is a very hypothetical far off threat
Whereas
January 6 was a real event. 
Your mind is not in touch with reality for you to be emphasizing unreal things as being more real than real things.

(06-11-2022, 09:17 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-11-2022, 12:37 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I answered your stupid question. When my coaches express mainstream opinions verified by facts like JDR just did I will not fine them like the Redskins did. Just because the facts hurt your feelings doesn't make them less factual.

Mainstream leftist opinion isn't something I take seriously. It's why you get so much snark.

What did JDR say that was incorrect? There is a double standard. Should the people that broke the law and entered the buildings illegally on January 6 be charged? Yes, they should. What about the other side? Should the people that destroyed and burned stores, buildings, and cars be charged? Yes, they should be also. I would much rather have the idiots from the January 6 "insurrection" show up at my house to attack me than the people that were looting and destroying parts of cites during the "peaceful protest" riots.