Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Miller Elec. Sports Performance Center

(03-17-2023, 07:27 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(03-16-2023, 09:10 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: ..."Jaguars President Mark Lamping called the performance center the first step toward a “stadium of the future” when team owner Shad Khan proposed the facility in June 2021. Lamping suggested moving the training, practice team office needs out of the stadium would eliminate logistical challenges on a future renovation of TIAA Bank Field..."

There we go. That's what we fans want to see.

Not to look ahead too far, but domething I've been wondering about: the level of work needed for the stadium renovation would seem to mean the Jags would temporarily move home games for a season. So Gainesville or Tallahassee or somewhere else?

nope
A new broom always sweeps clean.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2023, 08:37 AM by JagsorDie. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-16-2023, 09:10 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: ..."Jaguars President Mark Lamping called the performance center the first step toward a “stadium of the future” when team owner Shad Khan proposed the facility in June 2021. Lamping suggested moving the training, practice team office needs out of the stadium would eliminate logistical challenges on a future renovation of TIAA Bank Field..."

Not to look ahead too far, but domething I've been wondering about: the level of work needed for the stadium renovation would seem to mean the Jags would temporarily move home games for a season. So Gainesville or Tallahassee or somewhere else?
No they are doing it in stages. They had two plans from my understanding. One was to move for a year which pretty much got wiped off the table. The other was split the project into 3 to 4 stages that would be able to be executed during the off-season and resume once the season was complete. My general Forman was talking about that the other day. There would be constant work but the heavily trafficked fan areas would be put on hold during weeks that have home games. Or something to that affect.

The practice field is going to be amazing but honestly it is a [BLEEP] show working there right now. Which is to be expected when you try and pull, what should be a 3 year project, off in 14 months. They have some of us pushing 90 hour weeks. Some of the guys are staying until 3-4 am then coming back in at 7. No injuries so far which is good cause Haskell is strict about saftey standards. but when you have guys working live-dead-live on 3 hours of sleep it can be a little touch and go. 

Money is great but honestly I’m ready for this to be done. I would put some pics up but the board doesn’t let you upload [BLEEP] from a phone. it has to have a url which is stupid but what ever.

(03-17-2023, 08:34 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(03-17-2023, 07:27 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Not to look ahead too far, but domething I've been wondering about: the level of work needed for the stadium renovation would seem to mean the Jags would temporarily move home games for a season. So Gainesville or Tallahassee or somewhere else?
No they are doing it in stages. They had two plans from my understanding. One was to move for a year which pretty much got wiped off the table. The other was split the project into 3 to 4 stages that would be able to be executed during the off-season and resume once the season was complete. My general Forman was talking about that the other day. There would be constant work but the heavily trafficked fan areas would be put on hold during weeks that have home games. Or something to that affect.

The practice field is going to be amazing but honestly it is a [BLEEP] show working there right now. Which is to be expected when you try and pull, what should be a 3 year project, off in 14 months. They have some of us pushing 90 hour weeks. Some of the guys are staying until 3-4 am then coming back in at 7. No injuries so far which is good cause Haskell is strict about saftey standards. but when you have guys working live-dead-live on 3 hours of sleep it can be a little touch and go. 

Money is great but honestly I’m ready for this to be done. I would put some pics up but the board doesn’t let you upload [BLEEP] from a phone. it has to have a url which is stupid but what ever.

Stay safe. Your work is appreciated.

As others explained - they are not doing that.

The quote in the post you responded to actually lays out part of the plan to keep that from being necessary. 
There are some good bits of info in that article.

(03-16-2023, 10:22 PM)Jag88 Wrote:
(03-16-2023, 04:42 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: It has a retractable roof, dance poles, crack & opioid dispensers, and a slip and slide.

Unfortunately, I’m not into any of those things except the retractable roof and the dance poles.

I don't wanna see you dancin on a pole

(03-17-2023, 12:21 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-16-2023, 10:22 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Unfortunately, I’m not into any of those things except the retractable roof and the dance poles.

I don't wanna see you dancin on a pole

Lol. The pole isn’t for me!

(03-17-2023, 07:27 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Not to look ahead too far, but domething I've been wondering about: the level of work needed for the stadium renovation would seem to mean the Jags would temporarily move home games for a season. So Gainesville or Tallahassee or somewhere else?

Take a planned vacation (2 or 3 days) and take some time for yourself even if it’s local. I’ve worked them 84 hour weeks and they ain’t fun. I appreciate your work brother, that place is going to be lit when complete. Maybe I’ll see you at the company bbq.

(03-17-2023, 11:26 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

As others explained - they are not doing that.

The quote in the post you responded to actually lays out part of the plan to keep that from being necessary. 
There are some good bits of info in that article.

The closest to touching on the stadium renovation logistics I saw was this bit...

"Lamping suggested moving the training, practice team office needs out of the stadium would eliminate logistical challenges on a future renovation of TIAA Bank Field."

As the stadium redesign is still underway, we'll have to see how they ultimately decide to handle it. The design will certainly drive the timeline. The intention will be to not move any games I'm sure but the practicality of the work required might force them into another direction.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqVit2XOd2p/...mMyMTA2M2Y=

Art featuring Murals and Statue for our Miller Elec. Performance Ctr.
Its coming together just in time to be toured prior to the upcoming season.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Nice nice

What a freakin upgrade.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

I wish they could put a couple of murals or statues of some memorable plays. Jimmy Smith’s catch in Denver, Clyde Simmons’ interception, Garrard’s 4th down run, Morten’s slip, Taylor’s 90 yarder against Miami, etc.

Man that would be awesome to see.

Is it a Design-Build?

(03-30-2023, 08:40 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I wish they could put a couple of murals or statues of some memorable plays. Jimmy Smith’s catch in Denver, Clyde Simmons’ interception, Garrard’s 4th down run, Morten’s slip, Taylor’s 90 yarder against Miami, etc.

Man that would be awesome to see.

Not just a Murial, a Murial Video depicting the entire play(s) of which you suggested would be Awesome Sauce.

Ripley's Believe It Or Not.

NH3...
"AZANE"

I don’t care if they paint it olive drab. It’s progress towards a better team and better stadium.

Although, I do have to say the Jaguars metal sculpture is bad [BLEEP]. Also, I think it would have been a nice gesture if they had hired local artists to do this.

Miami's Hard Rock Stadium was renovated over a 3-year period, while they still played all the games there. The roof was put on during the 2nd phase.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kristidosh/...2e09dc28dd

I expect Jacksonville to be awarded its second Super Bowl within a year of debuting the redone stadium.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2023, 08:40 PM by p_rushing.)

(04-02-2023, 03:37 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: I expect Jacksonville to be awarded its second Super Bowl within a year of debuting the redone stadium.
Not happening without the shipyards, more hotels, and probably lot j and whatever other entertainment options being there near the stadium.

There is plenty of stuff to do in Jax, even to keep the media and rich people happy but not for the Superbowl. It's different than the other established cities they use so they will complain and mock it again.

Even if they like the area and come back to vacation later.

London will probably get to host before another one for the city.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(04-02-2023, 08:39 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(04-02-2023, 03:37 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: I expect Jacksonville to be awarded its second Super Bowl within a year of debuting the redone stadium.
Not happening without the shipyards, more hotels, and probably lot j and whatever other entertainment options being there near the stadium.

There is plenty of stuff to do in Jax, even to keep the media and rich people happy but not for the Superbowl. It's different than the other established cities they use so they will complain and mock it again.

This opinion I think comes largely from the patented Jacksonville inferiority complex. Jax can host a Superbowl in 5 or 10 years which is probably the earliest it would happen. Doesn't mean there won't be snide remarks and jokes but there usually are about any city. It's the nature of it.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(04-04-2023, 04:13 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(04-02-2023, 08:39 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Not happening without the shipyards, more hotels, and probably lot j and whatever other entertainment options being there near the stadium.

This opinion I think comes largely from the patented Jacksonville inferiority complex. Jax can host a Superbowl in 5 or 10 years which is probably the earliest it would happen. Doesn't mean there won't be snide remarks and jokes but there usually are about any city. It's the nature of it.
It's fine to host a superbowl and the people visiting for the first time will generally like it.

It's not Miami, Tampa, Atlanta, etc though and the media just wants the parties. The media comes in biased and when things are different they don't like it.

Those reasons make it a better place to live for the ex players and CEOs.