Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Agnew at WR

(06-21-2022, 11:03 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-21-2022, 03:03 PM)Mikey Wrote: Are you implying that Agnew is potentially our leading receiver?

Yes.  Potentially.  It's good that they signed Zay Jones and Christian Kirk, but I'm more excited about what Agnew might do.  But I'm just a fan.  If I had a chance to see a few closed doors practices my opinion might change.

Lol.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-21-2022, 11:56 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-21-2022, 11:22 AM)Dewboy01 Wrote: Obviously the best WR in the league is far more valuable than the best kick returner in the league.  That's not really the question here though.... The question we should be asking is - is the best kick returner in the league more valuable than the 75th best WR in the league (or wherever Agnew might fall in the WR rankings)?  At that point you have to try to predict how many game changing plays he might have at either position - how often will he switch the field on a return vs how often he might make a big play at WR.  In addition, if he builds on what he did last year at WR, does he become someone that the opponent's defense has to account for when he's at WR?  Hopefully this coaching staff is asking themselves these questions - I'm excited for the upcoming season (but as a Jag fan, I've been excited for EVERY season, and found a way to convince myself that there's a path to being good that year lol).

Maybe a league perspective is the wrong way to think about the question.
Just look at one team only.  You're the coach of that team, and you have a player who is good enough to be your leading receiver, or your best kick returner.  Where do you play him?

Doesn't really work.  Agnew does stack up as one of the best returners in the league.  As a receiver, not so much.

Got to say that Agnew did good this weekend. Is going to be interesting to see how much WR play he gets when Zay is healthy.

He might overtake marvin as #3 if contonues to play well

(10-04-2022, 08:07 PM)icey14 Wrote: He might overtake marvin as #3 if contonues to play well

I'm thinking he will next year when MJJ is a FA.  It will be nice so we don't have to reach for a WR and go BPA.

We should shop Jones
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(10-06-2022, 12:47 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: We should shop Jones

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I'm assuming he means marvin

Let’s see things play out. You need depth at receiver with a 17 game season.

(10-06-2022, 05:45 AM)Jag88 Wrote: I'm assuming he means marvin

He'll know, we don't need to get rid of Marvin or any of our WRs.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2022, 01:38 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

He meant "ship" not "shop".  That's what the young kids call it when you're invested in liking something.  We should all ship all three Joneses.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Agnew has been getting offensive touches every week.

When Zay is healthy, I'm sure he'll continue getting them.

How great to have a 4th receiver that contributes.
Having talent doesn't need to signify benching another productive player or altering your roster. Just means you aren't thin at that particular position. Rejoice, Jaguars fans.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2022, 06:39 PM by Jags.)

(10-06-2022, 01:31 PM)mikesez Wrote:

He meant "ship" not "shop".  That's what the young kids call it when you're invested in liking something.  We should all ship all three Joneses.
If you’re so in tuned with what young kids say these days, what is it called when they use an old paper towel roll stuffed with dryer sheets and blow their weeds smokes through it?  Is it the same as that early 90’s vacuum cleaner hair cutting device?  I’m truly curious about that.