Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
At what positions or units are the Jags better....

Coaching... the rest remains to be seen.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-18-2022, 06:26 PM)TheLeadCommander Wrote:
(06-18-2022, 06:19 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: I don't know about the quarterbacks. Wentz isn't the answer anumore and Trevor hasn't shown us much (but is young so has upside).

We should have beetter running backs. I also think our o-line is strong. That can be enough - I hope.

How is your Dline play especially at DT?

As mentioned in one of your other threads, the Jags added a very highly rated run stuffer at DT/NT in Fatukasi. His addition and the new blood at LB should make the Jags more stout against the run. 

Fatukasi has help in run sets from Malcolm Brown and Davon Hamilton in the middle. The could spell him or line up along side heavy 3-4 looks. 
There are lots of rotational players to play the interior roles in pass sets too, but most of the pass rush will come from OLB/EDGE guys like Josh Allen and Travon Walker. Arden Key could get snaps at edge and 3-4 end as a pass rusher as well.

I'd hope Lawrence is better then Wentz ever was this year.
No Fun

(06-18-2022, 06:01 PM)TheLeadCommander Wrote: At what positions or units are the Jags better then the Commanders that's a game changer that gives them the edge to get the W week 1 I'm struggling to see any...I can't say Trevor is better then Wentz cause Wentz has played at a high level in this league Trevor hasn't yet.....Can I get your feelings on this topic?

we are better at franchise name
team logo
owner

QB

the rest don't matter.

The only way you can say Wentz has played at a high level is if he's got starts in Denver.

(06-18-2022, 09:11 PM)TheLeadCommander Wrote:
(06-18-2022, 09:02 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Well that, and Wentz sucks.  The guy has been seeing ghost rushers since his last year in Philly. His picture is in the dictionary next to the definition of skittish.  But you go ahead and put your faith in him.

Wentz was the front runner for MVP of the league the Superbowl year in Philly till he blew out a knee... That's far from suck at the QB position...Just sayin

...and we were one blown call/overly conservateive-called quarter away from that same superb owl, so we are obviously still SB contenders today because of that. Y'all might as well not bother showing up.

Punter.

Jags are a young team. Washington might be better at the start of the season, but the Jags have the potential to be better as the season progresses.

(06-21-2022, 08:55 PM)cincyjacket Wrote: Jags are a young team. Washington might be better at the start of the season, but the Jags have the potential to be better as the season progresses.

Fair... probably true

Commanders until proven otherwise are a much better team than we are. Nothing in the past would suggest we should win this game outside of people assuming Wentz will fall on his face like last year.

(06-22-2022, 07:07 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Commanders until proven otherwise are a much better team than we are. Nothing in the past would suggest we should win this game outside of people assuming Wentz will fall on his face like last year.

Hard to argue this it's pretty much spot on...

(06-21-2022, 08:55 PM)cincyjacket Wrote: Jags are a young team. Washington might be better at the start of the season, but the Jags have the potential to be better as the season progresses.

Jags gonna win week 1

(06-22-2022, 07:07 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Commanders until proven otherwise are a much better team than we are. Nothing in the past would suggest we should win this game outside of people assuming Wentz will fall on his face like last year.

And yet here we are assuming the Jags offense will fall on it's face like it did last year.  I don't know how you can make any comparisons to last year's team with an almost entirely new staff and so many new starters.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 06-22-2022, 05:09 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

RB - Commanders
QB - Jags
OL - Jags
WR - Commanders
TE - Jags
ST - Jags
DL - Commanders
LB - Commanders
CB - Jags
S - Jags
Coaching - Commanders

these teams look pretty even to me on paper. I think the X factor is Wentz. If he plays great, or even average without any TO's, the Commies win. Bad game from Wentz, and the Jags win. Either way, it's most likely a close game.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Wentz looked at the schexule and said sweet. I get to go on Ir week one and collect that paycheck the rest of the year. Who is their backup qb.

(This post was last modified: 06-24-2022, 08:08 AM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(06-22-2022, 03:33 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:

And yet here we are assuming the Jags offense will fall on it's face like it did last year.  I don't know how you can make any comparisons to last year's team with an almost entirely new staff and so many new starters.

Because I can point to maybe 2 games last year that our offense looked competent. Carson Wentz failed horrendously to us in week 18, but overall had a decent season and only slightly missed the playoffs.

If we played them in week 10-18 I might have a different opinion, but as of right now I have no reason to believe we got that much better until I see the new players, the new scheme by Doug and co. and until I see Handsome Squidward play good football.

(06-22-2022, 05:07 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: RB - Commanders
QB - Jags
OL - Jags
WR - Commanders
TE - Jags
ST - Jags
DL - Commanders
LB - Commanders
CB - Jags
S - Jags
Coaching - Commanders

these teams look pretty even to me on paper.  I think the X factor is Wentz.  If he plays great, or even average without any TO's, the Commies win.  Bad game from Wentz, and the Jags win.  Either way, it's most likely a close game.
This is a very bias ranking. I'm not going to go down the list.. but how can you say week 1 that the team with a QB who went 27 td 7 ints last season is going to be worse off than the one with the guy who had 12 td 17 ints?

And i'm not even remotely saying Wentz will be a better QB than Trevor when it's said and done, i'm just talking about week 1 2022.

(06-24-2022, 08:06 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(06-22-2022, 03:33 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: And yet here we are assuming the Jags offense will fall on it's face like it did last year.  I don't know how you can make any comparisons to last year's team with an almost entirely new staff and so many new starters.

Because I can point to maybe 2 games last year that our offense looked competent. Carson Wentz failed horrendously to us in week 18, but overall had a decent season and only slightly missed the playoffs.

If we played them in week 10-18 I might have a different opinion, but as of right now I have no reason to believe we got that much better until I see the new players, the new scheme by Doug and co. and until I see Handsome Squidward play good football.

(06-22-2022, 05:07 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: RB - Commanders
QB - Jags
OL - Jags
WR - Commanders
TE - Jags
ST - Jags
DL - Commanders
LB - Commanders
CB - Jags
S - Jags
Coaching - Commanders

these teams look pretty even to me on paper.  I think the X factor is Wentz.  If he plays great, or even average without any TO's, the Commies win.  Bad game from Wentz, and the Jags win.  Either way, it's most likely a close game.
This is a very bias ranking. I'm not going to go down the list.. but how can you say week 1 that the team with a QB who went 27 td 7 ints last season is going to be worse off than the one with the guy who had 12 td 17 ints?

And i'm not even remotely saying Wentz will be a better QB than Trevor when it's said and done, i'm just talking about week 1 2022.

It's equally biased when you drag an entire season of stats in when comparing one team to another. Wentz wasnt good against us, average at best. And I said he's the x factor and if he plays average, then the jags prob take the L. What are you complaining about?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(06-24-2022, 08:06 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(06-22-2022, 03:33 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: And yet here we are assuming the Jags offense will fall on it's face like it did last year.  I don't know how you can make any comparisons to last year's team with an almost entirely new staff and so many new starters.

Wentz didn't have a good year last year statistically. They only games I watched him play, he looked bottom 3rd of starters. I don't see him suddenly making a jump in a new system but you never know. On the other hand, I suspect our defense is going to be really good.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I'd give the Commanders the dline and WR edge everything else to the Jags

(06-20-2022, 06:51 AM)nhiverson Wrote: I'd hope Lawrence is better then Wentz ever was this year.

Wentz was in contention for MVP a couple of years ago Trevor is not ready for that just yet...But he has the physical tools to reach that level NO Doubt...

(06-25-2022, 07:42 AM)TheLeadCommander Wrote:
(06-20-2022, 06:51 AM)nhiverson Wrote: I'd hope Lawrence is better then Wentz ever was this year.

Wentz was in contention for MVP a couple of years ago Trevor is not ready for that just yet...But he has the physical tools to reach that level NO Doubt...

Still living in the past I see…
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]