Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Former Jag long time tight end Marcedes Lewis may tie NFL record this year!

If he is on the roster week 1 he will tie NFL records of longest active NFL tight end. He is about to enter his 17th season. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/packers-marcede...by-a-tight
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He should still be a Jag

Haven't had a better TE since he left. And we've had MUCH worse.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(06-21-2022, 07:46 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Haven't had a better TE since he left.  And we've had MUCH worse.

Remember Julius Thomas? Me either. That fat piece of [BLEEP] sucked.

Will longevity get him a HOF nod? I am not so sure.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(07-19-2022, 07:28 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Will longevity get him a HOF nod? I am not so sure.

No.

(07-19-2022, 07:28 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Will longevity get him a HOF nod? I am not so sure.

unless he plays to age 50, absotively not.

No.  He was a great blocker, but never distinguished himself catching the ball.  Solid, but unremarkable doesn't get it done, even with the length of his career.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

He was just never good and was way over drafted.

(07-25-2022, 07:08 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He was just never good and was way over drafted.

Lewis was a good TE for us, he was the best blocking TE in the league for a long stretch.

(07-31-2022, 02:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(07-25-2022, 07:08 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He was just never good and was way over drafted.

Lewis was a good TE for us, he was the best blocking TE in the league for a long stretch.

Probably part of the reason why we sucked.  We turned an athletically gifted TE who played both, football and basketball, into a blocking TE.

(08-01-2022, 01:43 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(07-31-2022, 02:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lewis was a good TE for us, he was the best blocking TE in the league for a long stretch.

Probably part of the reason why we sucked.  We turned an athletically gifted TE who played both, football and basketball, into a blocking TE.

Haha.