Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Roe v Wade reversed

(This post was last modified: 06-24-2022, 09:52 PM by homebiscuit.)

(06-24-2022, 08:02 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote:
(06-24-2022, 02:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: This is true but much more likely in a place where guns are prevalent. Besides, a criminal doesn’t need a gun to commit a violent crime.

Maybe, but (and this is pro rata’d so per capita) someone is more 30,400% more likely to die in the US due to gun crime than the UK, that’s a shockingly high figure. And no they don’t, but it certainly helps especially on a mass scale.

No argument here. It is what it is. We live in different worlds.

(06-24-2022, 08:25 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-24-2022, 08:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: So that's what Mickey and Minnie are doing in the Magic Castle.

And mice have them four to six at a time.

That last litter looked like Pluto. Just sayin'.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-24-2022, 09:59 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

If you do a ctrl f on the decision for "Roberts" it's interesting.
Roberts insisted that they should decide the question on as narrow grounds as possible, saying something like, if a judge does not have to answer a question to solve a case, then he must not answer it. But Alito noted that all of the briefs from all parties were calling for a broad decision one way or the other. No one wanted to compromise but Roberts. Everyone knew this was it.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-24-2022, 09:58 PM)mikesez Wrote: If you do a ctrl f on the decision for "Roberts" it's interesting.
Roberts insisted that they should decide the question on as narrow grounds as possible, saying something like, if a judge does not have to answer a question to solve a case, then he must not answer it. But Alito noted that all of the briefs from all parties were calling for a broad decision one way or the other. No one wanted to compromise but Roberts. Everyone knew this was it.
Roberts is scum and tries to never rock the boat. Notice how no one protested at his house. They already knew they had him in the bag. I wouldn't be shocked if he is compromised.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(06-24-2022, 01:08 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: Once again, it's really only a decision that hurts poor people.  Our government is pretty good at coming together to do that.

Lol

(06-24-2022, 11:57 AM)The Drifter Wrote: To paraphrase George Carlin here........ "Ever notice how most of the women who are for abortion are women you never want to sleep with to begin with"........

Yes, I know it's a very serious, and emotional issue for some (on both sides) But I believe it has always been a states rights issue, not a federal one........

Back in my younger and liberal days, I voted to keep abortion legal here in Maryland just in case this day ever came about

Now that I'm older and wiser, I feel that all innocent life is worth protecting.....

You definitely got that George Carlin joke wrong.

“"Have you noticed that most of the women who are against abortion are women you wouldn't want to !$@& in the first place?"

(06-25-2022, 09:37 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(06-24-2022, 09:58 PM)mikesez Wrote: If you do a ctrl f on the decision for "Roberts" it's interesting.
Roberts insisted that they should decide the question on as narrow grounds as possible, saying something like, if a judge does not have to answer a question to solve a case, then he must not answer it.  But Alito noted that all of the briefs from all parties were calling for a broad decision one way or the other.  No one wanted to compromise but Roberts.  Everyone knew this was it.
Roberts is scum and tries to never rock the boat. Notice how no one protested at his house. They already knew they had him in the bag. I wouldn't be shocked if he is compromised.

I don't know what any of the nine are like as a person.  I imagine that getting a lifetime appointment isn't great for one's character or virtues, it means even if you're pretty rude and inconsiderate, you still keep your job.  
But I have caught Alito playing "heads I win, tails you lose" with plaintiffs and I haven't read any sequence of decisions showing Roberts doing that.
And I think both Alito and Scalia before him argue too caustically - more like politicians or pundits than judges - but that's really not a big deal.  The Supreme Court's job is to decide cases in a way that gives lower courts adequate guidance about how similar cases should be decided in the near future.  Style points don't really come into it because most people don't read the decisions anyhow.

I see this as a responsibility problem.. It takes 2 to tango and nobody wants to take responsibility when she gets pregnant. And yes, I said she.. Men can't get pregnant. And if your loopy mind thinks that they can, you're part of the problem too.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 06-25-2022, 02:13 PM by mikesez. Edited 4 times in total.)

Almost all abortions are performed on women who are already raising a child. These are women who have already gone through the sequence of pregnancy, nursing, the whole thing, and accepted it the first or second time but don't want to do it again.
We could knock out 70-80% of abortions if we just got the academies of obstetrics more on board with long term birth control as part of the standard of post natal care. The doctor should always ask, "do you want another kid?" *before* the kid is born, and *insist* that they plan and make appointments for an intervention that will prevent pregnancy after the kid is born. A vasectomy for the partner could be that intervention. A C-section can be the perfect time to perform a tubal ligation. Forms should be required going from one doctor's office to another so everyone is held accountable and liability is minimized. "I understand that by declining this procedure I am likely to become pregnant again while abortion is no longer a legal option in most cases in this state." It should be viewed as a necessity that prevents harm and death, because it is. It baffles me that so many states have passed laws about waiting periods, and forcing women to look at the ultrasound, and forcing doctors to say certain things before they perform the abortion, but none have passed a single thing with regard to actually preventing unwanted pregnancy.

So... any updates on the riots? Were things mostly peaceful?

Johns Hopkins Surgeon — Babies feel pain in the womb, and resist being murdered

https://youtu.be/YyVvYBo0m5E
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(06-25-2022, 05:50 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: So... any updates on the riots? Were things mostly peaceful?

Tear gas was used to keep protestors away from the Arizona Senate, which was in session at the time.  Unsure of the implications, obviously not good regardless.

(06-25-2022, 02:03 PM)mikesez Wrote: Almost all abortions are performed on women who are already raising a child. These are women who have already gone through the sequence of pregnancy, nursing, the whole thing, and accepted it the first or second time but don't want to do it again.
We could knock out 70-80% of abortions if we just got the academies of obstetrics more on board with long term birth control as part of the standard of post natal care. The doctor should always ask, "do you want another kid?" *before* the kid is born, and *insist* that they plan and make appointments for an intervention that will prevent pregnancy after the kid is born. A vasectomy for the partner could be that intervention. A C-section can be the perfect time to perform a tubal ligation. Forms should be required going from one doctor's office to another so everyone is held accountable and liability is minimized. "I understand that by declining this procedure I am likely to become pregnant again while abortion is no longer a legal option in most cases in this state." It should be viewed as a necessity that prevents harm and death, because it is. It baffles me that so many states have passed laws about waiting periods, and forcing women to look at the ultrasound, and forcing doctors to say certain things before they perform the abortion, but none have passed a single thing with regard to actually preventing unwanted pregnancy.

Absolutely 100% agree.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(06-25-2022, 12:42 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-25-2022, 09:37 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Roberts is scum and tries to never rock the boat. Notice how no one protested at his house. They already knew they had him in the bag. I wouldn't be shocked if he is compromised.

I don't know what any of the nine are like as a person.  I imagine that getting a lifetime appointment isn't great for one's character or virtues, it means even if you're pretty rude and inconsiderate, you still keep your job.  
But I have caught Alito playing "heads I win, tails you lose" with plaintiffs and I haven't read any sequence of decisions showing Roberts doing that.
And I think both Alito and Scalia before him argue too caustically - more like politicians or pundits than judges - but that's really not a big deal.  The Supreme Court's job is to decide cases in a way that gives lower courts adequate guidance about how similar cases should be decided in the near future.  Style points don't really come into it because most people don't read the decisions anyhow.
Roberts is said to enjoy the social scene that his position enables. He likes the access to the elites that he has. It's why he generally tries to play the middle. He doesn't want to be shunned at the parties or worse being removed from the list.

There is some other crazy stuff out there about him but no proof.

(06-25-2022, 05:50 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: So... any updates on the riots? Were things mostly peaceful?

(06-25-2022, 07:13 PM)mikesez Wrote:

Tear gas was used to keep protestors away from the Arizona Senate, which was in session at the time.  Unsure of the implications, obviously not good regardless.

Arizona Senate was invaded, worse than J6. Antifa and teachers stormed it, were inside, senators were moved, and I think they took over the floor. Some calling it a hostage situation but that was overkill.

Tear gas was used and eventually the building was cleared. Then the senate moved to another floor to continue voting. They were voting on some voucher bill to expand to most kids and the groomers were pissed off.

In LA antifa tried a homemade flamethrower and cops got him after he ran, it's too bad the cops didn't shoot and his fuel source didn't explode. The cops also had some explosive fireworks or ordinances throw at them, they arrested some of the antifa throwing them.

(06-24-2022, 01:17 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: If we had to wear a mask to prevent covid for the last couple of years, they can wear a condom to prevent pregnancy.

If only the fathers of everyone that thinks this way wore a condom this world would be a better place.

(06-24-2022, 03:44 PM)Norman Mushari Wrote:
(06-24-2022, 01:34 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: To the SCOTUS’s credit, they did strike down a New York gun law yesterday which possibly allows for easier abortion of criminals.

yeah.  states are not responsible enough  to figure out their own gun laws, but responsible enough to to figure out abortions.

makes no sense.

Ones a constitutional right, the others not.  Please keep up.

Watch: Pro-Abortion Activists Attack Car While Blocking Freeway

https://www.westernjournal.com/watch-pro...okf3BEz6Eg
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Roberts insisted that they should decide the question on as narrow grounds as possible, saying something like, if a judge does not have to answer a question to solve a case, then he must not answer it.  But Alito noted that all of the briefs from all parties were calling for a broad decision one way or the other.  No one wanted to compromise but Roberts.  Everyone knew this was it.

This is the compromise.

The extreme left brought this on themselves. Late term abortions, then talk of after birth abortions; you know letting the baby die from negligence after born alive.

I’m a baby lover, as a Dad and Grandfather I love babies, can’t get enough of them. When you have an abortion you’re killing a baby, period. And, I will never be OK with that. It’s ugly and a disgusting display of barbarism. If we can’t protect the most innocent of us, then we just plain suck at being humans…
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

To be clear, if my wife was raped you’re expecting us to have and raise that child.?