Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Russia will not abide by the Geneva Convention in treatment of American POW's

Patton was right, we should have went after those Commie Clowns back in 1945.......

After What Russia Just Announced About American POWs, Anything Less Than Immediate Action from Biden Is Unthinkable

Two Americans have been captured by Russian forces in Ukraine.
Alexander Drueke and Andy Huynh are both from Alabama. Drueke is an Army veteran, and Huynh is a Marine Corps veteran.
The two men were fighting with a unit of the Ukrainian military northeast of Kharkiv last week, according to The Telegraph.

https://www.westernjournal.com/russia-ju...IEnupQ6WqE
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They're Ukrainian military troops of American birth.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

If they're 'soldiers of fortune' Russia doesn't have to observe the Geneva Convention. Russia sees them as such but are they? I don't know.

(06-24-2022, 04:12 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: If they're 'soldiers of fortune' Russia doesn't have to observe the Geneva Convention. Russia sees them as such but are they? I don't know.

Article said they were enlisted in the army of Ukraine. Take it for what it's worth.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-24-2022, 04:12 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: If they're 'soldiers of fortune' Russia doesn't have to observe the Geneva Convention. Russia sees them as such but are they? I don't know.
(06-24-2022, 04:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-24-2022, 04:12 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: If they're 'soldiers of fortune' Russia doesn't have to observe the Geneva Convention. Russia sees them as such but are they? I don't know.

Article said they were enlisted in the army of Ukraine. Take it for what it's worth.
What matters is their citizenship/residency before the war and what their actual status in the army was.

Mercenaries are not governed by any laws. If foreign fighters joined up and were being paid to fight Russia, they are not part of the army even if they were taking direct orders.

As far as I know, these 2 were mercenaries and therefore will be put to death shortly. Russia is setting up trials in the local areas that they have taken over/freed for the Russian people living there. Supposedly that should be happening within days.

These 2 were probably questioned for any info, then will be tried, convicted, and put to death. Russia has also bombed the living quarters for many of the foreign fighters. There are heavy loses from them as Russia says they don't even have to take them hostage and can flat out kill them on the battlefield after surrendering.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!