Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let's talk about- Sport Edition

Chris Mortensen has passed away. That’s a shame. I liked Mortensen.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-03-2024, 07:40 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: This weekend I've watched a Strongman competition, a road cycling race and a curling match. I love variety. Lol

its what used to make ESPN2 so great.

(03-04-2024, 10:33 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-03-2024, 07:40 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: This weekend I've watched a Strongman competition, a road cycling race and a curling match. I love variety. Lol

its what used to make ESPN2 so great.

I watched two out of three on youtube. ESPN in any form is pretty useless to me.

John Calipari is going to Arkansas from Kentucky. Lots of back room deals to get rid of Calipari without the $33M price tag. I like Calipari but it was time for him to go. He was gutting Kentucky’s program with one and done, turning it into an NBA developmental league. 

Best of luck to him. I’m really curious who all they have slated for the replacement process.

https://www.si.com/college/2024/04/07/jo...e-kentucky

(04-08-2024, 07:01 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: John Calipari is going to Arkansas from Kentucky. Lots of back room deals to get rid of Calipari without the $33M price tag. I like Calipari but it was time for him to go. He was gutting Kentucky’s program with one and done, turning it into an NBA developmental league. 

Best of luck to him. I’m really curious who all they have slated for the replacement process.

Wish he wasn't so old, but I would like to see someone like Jim Larranaga get an opportunity to coach a team like Kentucky. He took George Mason and Miami to the final 4 and neither are anywhere near the basketball schools Kentucky is.
In Dougie I Trust!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-08-2024, 02:00 PM)Hurricane Wrote:
(04-08-2024, 07:01 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: John Calipari is going to Arkansas from Kentucky. Lots of back room deals to get rid of Calipari without the $33M price tag. I like Calipari but it was time for him to go. He was gutting Kentucky’s program with one and done, turning it into an NBA developmental league. 

Wish he wasn't so old, but I would like to see someone like Jim Larranaga get an opportunity to coach a team like Kentucky. He took George Mason and Miami to the final 4 and neither are anywhere near the basketball schools Kentucky is.

Dan Hurley seems to be the popular candidate but it’s being reported that the UK Athletic Director, Mitch Barnhart, has a thing for Scott Drew, the coach for Baylor. 

There will be no shortage of interested candidates. Don’t screw this up, Barnhart.

Dan Hurley says no. So does Villanova’s coach. Maybe there will be a shortage of candidates. Then again, is a coach’s word any better than a politician’s when it comes to opportunity? 

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/...259120007/