Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let's talk about- Sport Edition

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2022, 07:54 PM by Jags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-23-2022, 07:48 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Still digging’ me some Phillies.  If they can pull off one more win they’re in the Series.  Ain’t no gimmee yet.  Pads are tough.

Same.  I grew up in the Mike Schmidt, John kruk , Darren dalton days. Whatever year that was.   Schmidt lived in our neighborhood.  The rich part (not the poor part, like us). My mom taught me baseball. We’d watch Philly games together when I was super young.   I was hooked.  We moved to chi town and for whatever reason I followed another NL team in the cubbies.  Maybe it was Harry Carey, maybe it was they were the underdogs, idk.  Enjoyed watching the cubs “break the curse”.  Here’s  to Philly bringing another one home!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I actually sat down and watched a little bit of The World Cup..

Not that bad actually.. I can see why so many countries get into it.

I can watch this no problem..

Especially when there's no football game on. Or baseball, or basketball, or hockey, badminton, tennis, golf, pickleball, cornhole, arm wrestling, horseshoes, midget tossing, darts, billiards, any kind of winter olympic sport, any kind of summer olympic sport, Man vs. Food, my fish tank, two flies [BLEEP]..

After that, soccer is pretty cool..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Rico at work.

https://youtube.com/shorts/peaqUnlHgEA?feature=share

(01-16-2023, 04:31 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Rico at work.

https://youtube.com/shorts/peaqUnlHgEA?feature=share

Amateur.

You take ‘em and stick them in your truck.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Vegas Knights goaltender.  How do you get this far in debt?  Oh wait, he is in Las Vegas.  Hmmmm.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/35461463
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Kevin Tway just used a pitching wedge to hit a 177 par 3. How is that even possible?

(01-20-2023, 05:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Kevin Tway just used a pitching wedge to hit a 177 par 3. How is that even possible?

I'd rather know the loft of these custom made pro tour clubs versus the generic nomenclature which would give a more accurate representation of distances.

It doesn't hurt to also be a tremendous athletic, pro golfer either but there is definitely some variance in distances with different club sets and the "same" club.

I was watching this live when it happened. It was a pro am event and the guy he shook hands with was a young college golfer paired with Tiger that day. He got schooled in ways no college teaches.

https://youtube.com/shorts/TviAEO5WDFw?feature=share

(01-20-2023, 05:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Kevin Tway just used a pitching wedge to hit a 177 par 3. How is that even possible?

I'd be using a 5-wood.

(01-26-2023, 08:45 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I'd be using a 5-wood.

Depending on the wind and flag placement, I’d be using a 5 or 6 iron.

(01-26-2023, 09:18 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-26-2023, 08:45 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'd be using a 5-wood.

Depending on the wind and flag placement, I’d be using a 5 or 6 iron.

I'm old and have little athletic ability.  I might use a 3-hybrid.

I'd use an M1857 12 pounder.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I'm so trying to figure out something to watch.. We're down to only a few football games left, a couple months away from baseball, I can't stand basketball, can't stand wrestling.

I'm trying to get into ice hockey. Watching The Islanders and The Red Wings. It's not too bad. Could be better..

I noticed that there's an X-Games event tonight on ESPN.. May give that a look too.

If you're struggling to make it through till the autumn winger, my boys will be making a late push for the title till may!

I can't imagine anyone will be too interested in a small regional 'soccer' team from another country but here's highlights of last night's win to pass another three minutes till the combine...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0kWPF65PW80

(01-27-2023, 09:33 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I'm so trying to figure out something to watch.. We're down to only a few football games left, a couple months away from baseball, I can't stand basketball, can't stand wrestling.

I'm trying to get into ice hockey. Watching The Islanders and The Red Wings. It's not too bad. Could be better..

I noticed that there's an X-Games event tonight on ESPN.. May give that a look too.

Hockey is fantastic, just have to take the time to really understand the nuances of it and how everything comes together. Used to be a Carolina Hurricanes season ticket holder; not anymore, but still get to as many games as I can and am very much looking forward to the Stadium Series game coming up(Will be playing the Caps outside,where NC State plays football).

Boxing is awesome also.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

(02-03-2023, 11:05 AM)Butters Wrote:
(01-27-2023, 09:33 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I'm so trying to figure out something to watch.. We're down to only a few football games left, a couple months away from baseball, I can't stand basketball, can't stand wrestling.

Hockey is fantastic, just have to take the time to really understand the nuances of it and how everything comes together. Used to be a Carolina Hurricanes season ticket holder; not anymore, but still get to as many games as I can and am very much looking forward to the Stadium Series game coming up(Will be playing the Caps outside,where NC State plays football).

Boxing is awesome also.

A good friend of mine who was born and raised in Florida is a huge hockey fan. He tries all the time to get me to watch a game but I tell him it’s only soccer on ice. He says the same thing about understanding it. He also says watching a game live would really make me appreciate it. I feel I really should give it a chance.

(02-03-2023, 11:37 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 11:05 AM)Butters Wrote: Hockey is fantastic, just have to take the time to really understand the nuances of it and how everything comes together. Used to be a Carolina Hurricanes season ticket holder; not anymore, but still get to as many games as I can and am very much looking forward to the Stadium Series game coming up(Will be playing the Caps outside,where NC State plays football).

Boxing is awesome also.

A good friend of mine who was born and raised in Florida is a huge hockey fan. He tries all the time to get me to watch a game but I tell him it’s only soccer on ice. He says the same thing about understanding it. He also says watching a game live would really make me appreciate it. I feel I really should give it a chance.

They told me the same thing about NASCAR.. We ended up going to a couple of Daytona races and one up in Charlotte..

Still can't watch it on TV.

(02-03-2023, 11:47 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 11:37 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: A good friend of mine who was born and raised in Florida is a huge hockey fan. He tries all the time to get me to watch a game but I tell him it’s only soccer on ice. He says the same thing about understanding it. He also says watching a game live would really make me appreciate it. I feel I really should give it a chance.

They told me the same thing about NASCAR.. We ended up going to a couple of Daytona races and one up in Charlotte..

NASCAR was interesting when teams could build their cars differently. Now, all the cars have to conform to a template. There’s no individuality amongst the teams. It’s essentially the same car. It’s really boring to watch now and it shows in the ratings.

(02-03-2023, 11:53 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 11:47 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: They told me the same thing about NASCAR.. We ended up going to a couple of Daytona races and one up in Charlotte..

NASCAR was interesting when teams could build their cars differently. Now, all the cars have to conform to a template. There’s no individuality amongst the teams. It’s essentially the same car. It’s really boring to watch now and it shows in the ratings.

You mean restrictor plates? Or something else I have no idea about haha

(02-03-2023, 12:13 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 11:53 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: NASCAR was interesting when teams could build their cars differently. Now, all the cars have to conform to a template. There’s no individuality amongst the teams. It’s essentially the same car. It’s really boring to watch now and it shows in the ratings.

You mean restrictor plates? Or something else I have no idea about haha

That was one of the first steps. They literally have a giant template that is laid over each car to ensure it matches an approved aerodynamic profile.