Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let's talk about- Sport Edition

(02-14-2023, 10:30 AM)RicoTx Wrote: So I exceeded my expectations for our twosome on Saturday.  We shot 77 and finished middle of the pack. Much to my surprise, it only took even par to win it.  I blew up after the 10th hole and couldn’t hit a ball straight for the life of me after that.  Fortunately I putted my [BLEEP] off and saved us on a few holes.  The main problem…it was a 5 1/2 round.  Ugh.

What yardage do you play from?   I mean like, 7,000, 6,000, etc.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-16-2023, 08:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-14-2023, 10:30 AM)RicoTx Wrote: So I exceeded my expectations for our twosome on Saturday.  We shot 77 and finished middle of the pack. Much to my surprise, it only took even par to win it.  I blew up after the 10th hole and couldn’t hit a ball straight for the life of me after that.  Fortunately I putted my [BLEEP] off and saved us on a few holes.  The main problem…it was a 5 1/2 round.  Ugh.

6300 for the tournament.  I usually play from 6000 when I have a choice.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-16-2023, 08:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

It's interesting how many courses are promoting shorter tees and mixed tee options in the 5500-6500 range.

I usually look for something in the 5800-6200 range if it's available or let the other players choose. 
I've got no business playing from the tips, personally. 
I've been in groups that played a longer tee box for nine holes and the next one down for the other nine when there wasn't a mixed option. 

Where do you tee it up?

(02-16-2023, 09:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-16-2023, 08:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: What yardage do you play from?   I mean like, 7,000, 6,000, etc.

It's interesting how many courses are promoting shorter tees and mixed tee options in the 5500-6500 range.

I usually look for something in the 5800-6200 range if it's available or let the other players choose. 
I've been in groups that played a longer tee box for nine holes and the next one down for the other nine when there wasn't a mixed option. 

Where do you tee it up?

It might take me a whole day to play from the tips.

(02-16-2023, 09:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-16-2023, 08:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: What yardage do you play from?   I mean like, 7,000, 6,000, etc.

Where do you tee it up?

I play from about 5,500 to 5,800 yards.  If I played from the tips, every par-4 would be a par-5.   My friends and I really just play for the social aspect.  We play a 3 or 4 man scramble, make a few birdies, usually break par that way, and hit the 19th hole to discuss "important issues."  We're not serious golfers anymore.

Am I the only one who would pay money for an opportunity to punch Ryan “The Hacker” Green in the face? God he’s annoying.

Anyone else plan on going to some Jumbo Shrimp games this season? The wife and I purchased a couple of single game tickets behind the plate.. Looking forward to it.

Last time I've been, they were The Suns.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Former U of L coach Denny Crum has died. Even though they are primary rivals of Kentucky, I always had a lot of respect for Crum and how he eventually led the Cardinals to an NCAA championship.

(05-11-2023, 10:59 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Former U of L coach Denny Crum has died. Even though they are primary rivals of Kentucky, I always had a lot of respect for Crum and how he eventually led the Cardinals to an NCAA championship.

Never envied him that name.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(03-29-2023, 01:20 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Anyone else plan on going to some Jumbo Shrimp games this season? The wife and I purchased a couple of single game tickets behind the plate.. Looking forward to it.

The last time I went to a game they were the Suns. Good times with my dad.

(03-29-2023, 01:20 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Anyone else plan on going to some Jumbo Shrimp games this season? The wife and I purchased a couple of single game tickets behind the plate.. Looking forward to it.

Fort Worth is a bit of a commute....   Big Grin

Music 

(05-23-2023, 12:45 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

The last time I went to a game they were the Suns. Good times with my dad.

"Baseball's never been hotter with the Jacksonville Suns!"

Best minor league theme song ever.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(05-11-2023, 10:59 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Former U of L coach Denny Crum has died. Even though they are primary rivals of Kentucky, I always had a lot of respect for Crum and how he eventually led the Cardinals to an NCAA championship.

Louisville was my favorite team growing up and Milt Wagner was my fav player.  Denny Crum had the Camden HS connection  (New Jersey across the Philly border) which is where Wagner and Billy Thompson came out of.  They definitely had some great players, including Darrell Griffith, the McCray brothers, and of course, Never Nervous Pervis Ellison.

(05-25-2023, 08:35 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Louisville was my favorite team growing up and Milt Wagner was my fav player.  Denny Crum had the Camden HS connection  (New Jersey across the Philly border) which is where Wagner and Billy Thompson came out of.  They definitely had some great players, including Darrell Griffith, the McCray brothers, and of course, Never Nervous Pervis Ellison.

Yes sir, those are some good names. Darrell Griffith was legend. Even Kentucky fans gave him respect.

(05-24-2023, 10:17 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(05-23-2023, 12:45 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: The last time I went to a game they were the Suns. Good times with my dad.

"Baseball's never been hotter with the Jacksonville Suns!"

Best minor league theme song ever.

I totally agree. Very catchy tune.

Wheelchair rugby is no joke. Watching UK/France match and it's crazy. They're almost all co-ed teams. France has one female that I can tell. UK looks to be an all male team. This match isn't as brutal as the U.S./Italy match but still....

Wow. Tim Wakefield has died.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/red-sox-g...field-dead

https://youtube.com/shorts/GCVJNcKS9kU?s...1TVrGaBeHh

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cv-n6w3pK...ODBiNWFlZA==

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-14-2023, 05:31 AM)Caldrac Wrote: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cv-n6w3pK...ODBiNWFlZA==

You can't help but love the man even if it may be only for his talent.