Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
College Prospects - 2023

Michael Mayer, Rashee Rice, Dontay Demus Jr. & Tyler Harrell would be nice additions offensively.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-12-2022, 11:20 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Michael Mayer, Rashee Rice, Dontay Demus Jr. & Tyler Harrell would be nice additions offensively.

Originally it had Shoronski at 16 and they changed it.  Would really love an elite LG to put next to Cam.

Joey Porter would be a nice addition since Shaq Griffin is likely to be gone. The first pick should either be an offensive tackle (depending on Taylor and Little's progression this year), DT or a cornerback.There should be very good options at each of these. The earliest I'd take a receiver would be round 3 since very good players at this position can be found this late.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2022, 04:16 PM by Caldrac.)

(10-13-2022, 08:05 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Joey Porter would be a nice addition since Shaq Griffin is likely to be gone. The first pick should either be an offensive tackle (depending on Taylor and Little's progression this year), DT or a cornerback.There should be very good options at each of these. The earliest I'd take a receiver would be round 3 since very good players at this position can be found this late.

I like Porter. Would be happy with him or Ringo out of Georgia as potential replacements for Griffin. I don't think they're going to value offensive tackle that much. Between Pederson's play calling the offensive line hasn't been too terrible and if Lawrence continues to develop into the superstar that he's capable of becoming he should be improving his pre snap abilities to where the ball comes out even faster. He's had five games this year. Three of which he was kept relatively clean and didn't take a single sack. 

I think Guard would probably be the bigger need based on Scherff's age and injury history, Bartch now on IR as well. They may end up moving Little to that position to help out and maybe he becomes our permanent fix there. Who knows? Time will tell I guess. I agree regarding the receivers. The guys I like should be there in RD3 and later IMHO. The only two receivers I think at the moment that are probably going in RD1 is that kid out of Ohio St and that other kid out of TCU. 

Not sold on LSU's Boutte anymore. I think he might very well slip into RD2 at this rate.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I want Jalin Hyatt

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2022, 07:44 PM by Caldrac.)

(10-15-2022, 06:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I want Jalin Hyatt
Yeah. For real. I'll take Hooker too as a nice insurance policy going into 2023 as well.

6 catches. 207 yards. 5 TD's. Game for the ages man.

Damnnnnnnnnn.

Climbing the draft order guys, picking in the top 10 again

Wasn't expecting to start building my prospect list so early in the season but it wouldn't be a normal Jaguars season any other way...

(10-16-2022, 06:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Climbing the draft order guys, picking in the top 10 again

(10-16-2022, 08:47 PM)enigma Wrote: Wasn't expecting to start building my prospect list so early in the season but it wouldn't be a normal Jaguars season any other way...

Never too early. Picking in the top ten beats picking in the top two, three, amirite? 

With that being said. If they end up in the top ten I think they're going to have to consider Jalen Carter at DT or Keelee Ringo at CB. This defense cannot function without a consistently dominate presence in the middle of their front. Griffin, after today's performance? There's no way he's worth keeping on the roster to the tune of 7% of your overall salary at $16.4M. That's absurd.

(10-16-2022, 08:59 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-16-2022, 06:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Climbing the draft order guys, picking in the top 10 again

(10-16-2022, 08:47 PM)enigma Wrote: Wasn't expecting to start building my prospect list so early in the season but it wouldn't be a normal Jaguars season any other way...

Never too early. Picking in the top ten beats picking in the top two, three, amirite? 

With that being said. If they end up in the top ten I think they're going to have to consider Jalen Carter at DT or Keelee Ringo at CB. This defense cannot function without a consistently dominate presence in the middle of their front. Griffin, after today's performance? There's no way he's worth keeping on the roster to the tune of 7% of your overall salary at $16.4M. That's absurd.

Who's to say we won't be picking top 3?  Still have a lot more games to lose

Was thinking we’d be out of Will Anderson range this year but here we are…

I’d absolutely take Anderson and have Walker add 10 lb and move him to DE.

(10-16-2022, 09:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-16-2022, 08:59 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Never too early. Picking in the top ten beats picking in the top two, three, amirite? 

Who's to say we won't be picking top 3?  Still have a lot more games to lose

Ok, Debbie.

Quentin Johnston seems the most likely pick for the Jags at the moment.

(10-18-2022, 09:43 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Quentin Johnston seems the most likely pick for the Jags at the moment.

I don't think we would take Johnston over Carter

(10-18-2022, 10:34 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-18-2022, 09:43 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Quentin Johnston seems the most likely pick for the Jags at the moment.

I don't think we would take Johnston over Carter

I agree. I think Carter is by far the best DT/NT option you could ask for in next year's draft. Whereas, I think you could get a solid receiver like Dontay Demus Jr. or A.T Perry out of Wake Forest in RD2. Although, I would be tempted to trade back up into RD1 to land one of them to be on the safe side.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2022, 04:32 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

It will be interesting to see what Johnstons 40 time is. That will be huge on how high he is drafted. Does he run a 4.4?

Jordan Addison is still one of the top guys on my list

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2022, 04:40 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-19-2022, 04:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It will be interesting to see what Johnstons 40 time is.  That will be huge on how high he is drafted. Does he run a 4.4?

Jordan Addison is still one of the top guys on my list

Depending on where you look. He's clocked anywhere between 4.3 and 4.4. He'll probably show up to the combine or his pro day anywhere between 10 - 15 pounds lighter just to hit a higher 40 time. Right now he's being compared to A.J Green and Julio Jones, potential wise. I don't know about all of that. 

NFLDraftBuzz: 4.40
Packerswire/USAToday: 4.40
Draftscout: 4.32

I still think they'll ultimately go DT or CB in RD1. WR I bet they could land Demus Jr. or Perry in RD2 or possibly RD3 and not lose any sleep over their decision. Keep in mind. Baalke does NOT have a good track record with drafting receivers. Hopefully his luck with this position changes in next year's draft. Also, Pederson was in the same room when they selected Jalen Reagor over Justin Jefferson in Philadelphia.

Really like these cornerbacks for Syracuse. Garrett Williams and Isiah Johnson. Keep an eye on them today as they'll have to play big against #5 Clemson.

Has had 3 big games in a row. TCU was down big and Johnston with the go ahead TD yesterday

https://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=34858194

Up to 7 in the draft. Working our way up