Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
College Prospects - 2023

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2022, 05:37 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://twitter.com/On3sports/status/159...YhXQg&s=19

https://twitter.com/mycbs4/status/159806...7wP5g&s=19

Not good at all!!

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-30-2022, 04:46 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/On3sports/status/159...YhXQg&s=19

https://twitter.com/mycbs4/status/159806...7wP5g&s=19

Not good at all!!

DUDE. WHAT?!?

Just saw him play for like a minute in the FSU loss. Didn't know he was Jon Kitna's son but his name jumped out instantly. What a shame man. Total dirt bag if true. Probably a case of him being a college dude still trying to get into the panties of some barely legal 16 year old's or younger.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-30-2022, 02:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Clark Phillips would be interesting.  Move Williams back outside where he is best and could have a very good nickle corner.  Dude has great ball skills and good tackler as well

Phillips would be a solid 2nd round pick. The cornerback class looks very strong with 7 or 8 players who'd be worthy picks by the end of round 2. Porter and Ringo top the list, but the best value would be someone like Phillips, Ricks or Antonio Johnson in the 2nd.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2022, 11:26 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Im starting to warm up to Porter as my top prospect for us after Carter is gone. If we win 1 more game I think Carter is out of reach.

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists...ornerback/

https://www.espn.com/college-football/st...nter-draft

Ive always ranked bloodlines a bit higher as well because they almost always live up to their potential. One of the reasons i was really high on Samuel Jr. and Surtain

Not a fan of Ringo at our pick in the first. He gets beat to often

Not a fan of Ringo Either. Now Porter yes.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/16...RSEtg&s=19

Would not mind at all..

(12-07-2022, 04:30 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/16...RSEtg&s=19

Would not mind at all..

We haven't had an all-purpose tight end here since......ever?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2022, 04:42 PM by WingerDinger.)

(12-07-2022, 04:37 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(12-07-2022, 04:30 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/16...RSEtg&s=19

Would not mind at all..

We haven't had an all-purpose tight end here since......ever?

Since Stone Hands Brady?

As of right now I want the Jags to draft one of Quentin Johnson, Joey porter Jr., or Bryan breese.

(12-08-2022, 11:56 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: As of right now I want the Jags to draft one of Quentin Johnson, Joey porter Jr., or Bryan breese.

Quentin Johnston, Yes. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if they took Michael Mayer at TE over him though. Johnston is good but he has some durability concerns and his drop rate percentage is not that good. 

Joey Porter, Yes. Think he's a CB1 and automatically makes the defense better. 

Bryan Bresee, No. Just not a fan of him. Don't think he's a strong fit here with Walker. I would rather them look elsewhere on day two, three to bolster the end or interior. There's a good chance after this off season if Caldwell is maintained that they decide Walker should be playing with his hands in the dirt and not upright at OLB anyway. 

I also think his teammate Tyler Davis or Florida's Gervon Dexter would offer up more size and more of a dominant presence next to Walker if they do keep him at OLB and there's a good chance both of those guys are there in RD3.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2022, 02:45 PM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-08-2022, 02:37 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 11:56 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: As of right now I want the Jags to draft one of Quentin Johnson, Joey porter Jr., or Bryan breese.

Quentin Johnston, Yes. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if they took Michael Mayer at TE over him though. Johnston is good but he has some durability concerns and his drop rate percentage is not that good. 

Bryan Bresee, No. Just not a fan of him. Don't think he's a strong fit here with Walker. I would rather them look elsewhere on day two, three to bolster the end or interior. There's a good chance after this off season if Caldwell is maintained that they decide Walker should be playing with his hands in the dirt and not upright at OLB anyway. 

I also think his teammate Tyler Davis or Florida's Gervon Dexter would offer up more size and more of a dominant presence next to Walker if they do keep him at OLB and there's a good chance both of those guys are there in RD3.
I think you're going to see these two dudes mocked to the Jags all off season.

Which means it'll likely be a guard.....

I know I want Mayer, but what I want and what we get always seem like 2 different things lol

With the addition of Ridley, I'm starting to think they go after either a lineman or TE.

Too bad that big nasty from PSU decided to return.

(12-08-2022, 02:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 02:37 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Quentin Johnston, Yes. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if they took Michael Mayer at TE over him though. Johnston is good but he has some durability concerns and his drop rate percentage is not that good. 

I think you're going to see these two dudes mocked to the Jags all off season.

Can Skoronski play guard and then move over to tackle and be our version of Jonathan Ogden for the next decade? If so. Sign me up. I wouldn't mind any offensive player at this point. I know everybody is talking defense but man I really hope they don't short change Lawrence in the off season. Especially in this draft.

If they don't take Johnston I can live with it... provided they go out and get AT Perry, Dontay Demus Jr. or Jake Bobo. We have to have some type of receiver at that has height, speed and 50/50 jump ability.

Still want this guy
https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/...199995184/

(12-10-2022, 11:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Still want this guy
Yeah. I think people will get caught up on Johnston's size and speed but Hyatt is a game changing, field flipping receiving threat. Would be ecstatic if we took him.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

(12-11-2022, 06:45 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-10-2022, 11:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Still want this guy
Yeah. I think people will get caught up on Johnston's size and speed but Hyatt is a game changing, field flipping receiving threat. Would be ecstatic if we took him.

Yes, and Trevor is one of the few QBs in the league that has the arm strength that take advantage of it.  He's like Jameson Williams without coming off the ACL tear.

(12-08-2022, 03:08 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 02:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I think you're going to see these two dudes mocked to the Jags all off season.

Can Skoronski play guard and then move over to tackle and be our version of Jonathan Ogden for the next decade? If so. Sign me up. I wouldn't mind any offensive player at this point. I know everybody is talking defense but man I really hope they don't short change Lawrence in the off season. Especially in this draft.

If they don't take Johnston I can live with it... provided they go out and get AT Perry, Dontay Demus Jr. or Jake Bobo. We have to have some type of receiver at that has height, speed and 50/50 jump ability.
They’ll likely be out of range for most of the players we have been discussing for the first round.

(12-11-2022, 08:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 03:08 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Can Skoronski play guard and then move over to tackle and be our version of Jonathan Ogden for the next decade? If so. Sign me up. I wouldn't mind any offensive player at this point. I know everybody is talking defense but man I really hope they don't short change Lawrence in the off season. Especially in this draft.

They’ll likely be out of range for most of the players we have been discussing for the first round.
Yeah. I think Michael Mayer becomes a real possibility though.

(12-11-2022, 10:47 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-11-2022, 08:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: They’ll likely be out of range for most of the players we have been discussing for the first round.
Yeah. I think Michael Mayer becomes a real possibility though.

For me to take a TE that high, they really gotta be special.

Admittedly, I don’t know much about Mayer