Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Big PGA Thread

(04-15-2024, 08:51 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(04-15-2024, 08:02 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Scottie Scheffler’s caddie has earned $1.2M this year from wins. He’s earned more than most PGA players.

Fleetwood's local Augusta caddie got quite the payout too. Over 100k if the 10% rule applies.

(04-15-2024, 08:07 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: How about Neal Shipley and Carter Pitcairn's weekend?  Shipley was low amateur with his long-time golfing buddy Pitcairn as his caddy, made the cut, and on Sunday their playing partner was Tiger Woods. 

What a weekend!

He idolized Tiger Woods as a kid. On Masters Sunday, he played with him (golf.com)

That interview was super awkward, lol. Neal better get used to those cameras.

He didnt seem to know which camera was active.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-15-2024, 06:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-13-2024, 09:21 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Its hard to watch Tiger in his current state. If this is his ceiling moving forward, then its probably time to hang it up and assume his upcoming role as celebratory golfer. Lets be real: he's never going to even come close to achieving the many records of the mighty Jack Nicklaus.  Better to stop now than to tarnish his legacy.

Tiger has surpassed Nicklaus in some records. To say Tiger can’t come close to achieving what Nicklaus has done just isn’t correct. 

https://www.golfmonthly.com/features/tig...-stats-say

The article (rightly, IMO) ranks Jack the best ever at the Majors. This was, and still is IMO, the measuring stick of greatness in golf. I would bet that a high percentage of past and present golfers and golf fans feel the same.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(04-15-2024, 10:57 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(04-15-2024, 06:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Tiger has surpassed Nicklaus in some records. To say Tiger can’t come close to achieving what Nicklaus has done just isn’t correct. 

https://www.golfmonthly.com/features/tig...-stats-say

The article (rightly, IMO) ranks Jack the best ever at the Majors. This was, and still is IMO, the measuring stick of greatness in golf. I would bet that a high percentage of past and present golfers and golf fans feel the same.

Jacks’s greatness is not in doubt. What I questioned was your assertion that Tiger never even came close to achieving Nicklaus’s record. Not only has he come close, he’s surpassed some of Jack’s records.

I also don’t fully agree with majors wins as a definitive measuring stick of greatness. If so, Brooks Koepka should already be a Hall of Famer.

Interesting theoretical they threw out on 1010 this morning.

At Augusta, if mere mortals started on the greens with the ball at its farthest point from the hole, could they beat the pros if they started from the tees?

(04-16-2024, 11:42 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Interesting theoretical they threw out on 1010 this morning.

At Augusta, if mere mortals started on the greens with the ball at its farthest point from the hole, could they beat the pros if they started from the tees?

Assuming a typical par-4, with the pros making par, then the question would be, can we mere mortals 3-putt from 60 feet at Augusta National?  That's a valid question.   I think I might be able to 3-putt those greens if I had a month of practice on them.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-16-2024, 11:49 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-16-2024, 11:42 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Interesting theoretical they threw out on 1010 this morning.

Assuming a typical par-4, with the pros making par, then the question would be, can we mere mortals 3-putt from 60 feet at Augusta National?  That's a valid question.   I think I might be able to 3-putt those greens if I had a month of practice on them.

Especially if they were rolling like this past weekend. I couldn’t tell if I was watching the Masters or a U.S. Open.

Absolutely.  You could 4 putt the par 5s and automatically birdie.

How many drinks am I allowed to have?