Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
team to beat in division

I was drinking the teal drank when I posted that. Let's just see how things play out!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think when you look at their injuries last year and the roster they had the fact they won 12 games is amazing. Losing Brown is a hit but all the reports are that Burks, Woods and Phillips (rookie) have exceeded expectations.

Their OL was horrendous last year and they had a career back ups starting at RT. They had two OG who barely could finish games. There OL is likely gonna look fine with a healthy Henry running the rock.

Look at the 2021 production of Julio and Brown and I don't think replacing 1200 yds and 5TDs is gonna be hard. They had a horrible TE room and this year they got Hooper and drafted a kid Chig who is starting and has made a lot of plays in camp. They had no back up QB and now they have Willis who looks great early.

The defense is very stoudt against the run and they have major upgrades to the pass D. They have a great front four and it now has a fully healthy Dupree. They missed their back DE in Weaver and first CB Farley due to injury last year and they are back this year and Farley looks to be starting. We missed Etienne all year and he looks to be a real deal so it is like having an extra first rounder this year. The CB they drafted from Auburn is also starting for them to replace Jenkins who I thought was their weakest link last year. They have stud CB in Fulton and the best S duo in the league. On D their only weakness is depth at ILB because of injury, but they drafted two rookies who have made the team. I do not see TN falling of a cliff.

I see Indy falling off a cliff due to their OL/DL new DC and No WR playmakers. Indy LT's situation with stationary Ryan is a nightmare and I bet our young DE eat his lunch in our first match up with them this year. Indy has two good RB who can catch out of the back field and that is about it. Their TE room is terrible.

I love Mills and think he is gonna be special. Houston also has good coaching so I think they will be a tough out if they do not turnover the ball. I think Jax could finish second or third . I think Indy is sub 500
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(08-29-2022, 08:27 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(08-28-2022, 06:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Tacks will regress big time I think. No play making WR anymore to keep the D honest (I love Woods but off a torn ACL at his age?).

Defense will be meh which means it’ll be on Tannehills shoulders….. nope.

Exactly. They also won way more close games than the average. Here's a good quote on it:

"They were unsustainably good in games decided by seven points or fewer. After going 7-6 in one-score games during coach Mike Vrabel's first two years, the 2020 Titans went 7-2 in one-score games. History tells us that's extremely difficult to sustain; teams that win five more close games than they lose in a given year often don't keep that up the following season. They go from 199-44 (.819) in those close games to 102-126 (.447) in those same games the following year. Their overall record declines by an average of four wins per 17 games." Predicting NFL teams most likely to decline in 2022 - Numbers, history show Packers, Raiders, Steelers, Titans, Falcons will lose more games (espn.com)

I agree with everyone on that list except the Raiders.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

The Jags

Raiders OL is a mess.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(08-30-2022, 06:52 AM)CTEisREAL Wrote: Raiders OL is a mess.

no way thier line is a mess. they went undeafted in pre-season with all thier back ups playing. if your winning games with back ups its a great sign cause it means you got great players, and depth everywere. 

if a key player gets hurt for raiders its as simple as next man up,and they can still win games.  unlike the jags raiders know how to score TDS as well.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(08-30-2022, 09:30 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(08-30-2022, 06:52 AM)CTEisREAL Wrote: Raiders OL is a mess.

no way thier line is a mess. they went undeafted in pre-season with all thier back ups playing. if your winning games with back ups its a great sign cause it means you got great players, and depth everywere. 

if a key player gets hurt for raiders its as simple as next man up,and they can still win games.  unlike the jags raiders know how to score TDS as well.

but snowy you forget that the raiders played that extra game in Canton. This is going to cause fatigue as the season drags on. They may start strong, but will likely fizzle out before week 17. Those extra reps are gonna wear their backups out.

Thankfully, our backups already proved they aren't worth a darn, so we won't be duped in similar fashion. We'll be relying on waiver claims throughout the year, picking up guys that only played 2 or three preseason games instead of 4. I look for us to finish much stronger because of it. But, keep in mind this strategy will only work if we sign players who were on teams that had winning records in the preseason.

The AFC South is a toss up….any team can win it…so it might as well be the Jaguars.  9-8  Division Champs, playoff bound. One can dream.

(09-08-2022, 08:24 PM)JW Wrote: The AFC South is a toss up….any team can win it…so it might as well be the Jaguars.  9-8  Division Champs, playoff bound. One can dream.

yes one can dream, but if your going to dream you have to dream bigger then that. we all know this would ever happen in realitly but this is how you dream big.  

Jags go 17-0   Trevor breaks  recored for most tds throwen by a qb in one season. Entine  get comeback player of the year. Jags defense  becomes the  best defense ever by alloewing the least amount of yards in one season.jags deefense sets  or breaks the record for most defensive tds in 1 season. Jags offensse scores the most points ever in 1 season. Doug gets HC of the year. Trevon walker gets rookie of the year.  Jags fg kicker  nails longest fg ever in nfl history, Zay ones gets mvp. 

Jags win division in a cake  walk cause of being undeafted.   Jags go undeafted in the playoffs getting to Super bowl before winning it all in super bowl. Jags shut out thier super oppent,and score 50 points themselves.  

now thats dreaming big.!!!!!!!

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Us

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2022, 11:23 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

Not saying the Texans are the team to beat but I really like what they done through the draft. Next year I think they will be the 2nd best team behind us. They have a really good secondary, I like what they have done to the oline. The just need Metchie back and they will have a good WR group. They need a stud LB and another plays rusher and Mills is underrated

Considering they’re all winless,Whichever team gets a win first?

(08-28-2022, 03:01 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(08-28-2022, 01:23 PM)Jag88 Wrote: The team to beat is the jags! New bully coming on the block.

you are setting yourself up for major dissaponitent. Jags wont be good this season. it will be another loseing season. it wouldn't surpise me if Jags are first team in nfl to get 1st pick 3 years in a row.

I am expecting the team to stink this year,ill still cheer them on,and hope they win,but i highly doubt they will. ill be surpised if they win more then 3 to four games.

The bullys are here! Let's keep it going jags!

(09-19-2022, 03:03 AM)Jag88 Wrote:
(08-28-2022, 03:01 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: you are setting yourself up for major dissaponitent. Jags wont be good this season. it will be another loseing season. it wouldn't surpise me if Jags are first team in nfl to get 1st pick 3 years in a row.

I am expecting the team to stink this year,ill still cheer them on,and hope they win,but i highly doubt they will. ill be surpised if they win more then 3 to four games.

The bullys are here! Let's keep it going jags!

I’m just glad wolfie gets to put a sock on his [BLEEP] for future  videos

Are we the team to beat in afc south?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

You know, funnily enough if you exclude our jags.. this post really isn't to far off. For us specifically, the team to beat does seem to be the Texans because the Colts suck, and the Titans just got molly whopped.

https://twitter.com/BussinWTB/status/157...PJdNrG_VbA

Crazy how this division is somehow just slowly morphing into an opportunity for the Jags (and to a lesser degree, the tinhorns)

Not going to prematurely say too much, but, man, things are week-by-week looking more favorable for the good guys in the AFCS.

(09-24-2022, 01:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/BussinWTB/status/157...PJdNrG_VbA

Crazy how this division is somehow just slowly morphing into an opportunity for the Jags (and to a lesser degree, the tinhorns)

Not going to prematurely say too much, but, man, things are week-by-week looking more favorable for the good guys in the AFCS.

If the Jaguars'offensive line can play at league average level and the injuries don't pile up the Jaguars can go to the playoffs this year.

(09-24-2022, 03:41 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(09-24-2022, 01:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/BussinWTB/status/157...PJdNrG_VbA

If the Jaguars'offensive line can play at league average level and the injuries don't pile up the Jaguars can go to the playoffs this year.

That’s what I think our line is is middle of the pack.  If Trevor plays like last week it won’t matter because of how quick he’s getting the ball out.  The only thing flukey about last week was how everything went our way early which put the clots in a bad spot.  Trevor’s play last week was not flukey though as there were signs of this in week one for those that cared to look.  Barring significant injury for us at this point I think we are the team to beat right now.

(09-24-2022, 03:50 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(09-24-2022, 03:41 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: If the Jaguars'offensive line can play at league average level and the injuries don't pile up the Jaguars can go to the playoffs this year.

That’s what I think our line is is middle of the pack.  If Trevor plays like last week it won’t matter because of how quick he’s getting the ball out.  The only thing flukey about last week was how everything went our way early which put the clots in a bad spot.  Trevor’s play last week was not flukey though as there were signs of this in week one for those that cared to look.  Barring significant injury for us at this point I think we are the team to beat right now.

Not every team is going to sit back and let him throw underneath all day. There are going to be teams that rush the passer better and also crowd the receivers in the short and intermediate areas. I think Trevor can make the longer throws, but will the line give him enough time to do so? I think he can avoid sacks like a veteran, but it might still be disruptive enough of the opponent stops the run as well as the colts did.