Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
team to beat in division

LOL, we have won 4 games the last two seasons. All the teams in our division are the team to beat . We are 1-1 headed to play the Chargers this week. Let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet. Houston scares me a lot, they seem to have our number a bit. Not like the Titans, but I still remember last year.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

With a minute to go - looks like tinhorns will fall this week

Indy has the ball with 2:30 to play and still has a chance

tacks have their game in hand

It's nice to see the Jags on top of the AFC South. They legitimately look/are playing like the best team in the division right now.

As usual, it's the stinkin' tacks....
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I said the jags way back on the first page was and is the team to beat. Maybe I drank the teal koolaid, and it's still tasting delicious.

(09-25-2022, 08:46 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: As usual, it's the stinkin' tacks....

Any other year, I'd agree, but the Tacks are not winning decisively, they struggle to win now. Good teams can blow thier doors off, a la the Bills.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Jags, tacks, and colts all have 2 wins so far

I see it coming down to Jags and tacks

Jags need to stay healthy to take the division

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2022, 09:46 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 4 times in total.)

(10-08-2022, 08:48 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Jags, tacks, and colts all have 2 wins so far

Schedule came out nicely with both Jags/tacks games happening late.

Jags at tacks week 13, Dec. 11th
tacks at Jags week 17, Jan. 8th

Both should be big games with playoff implications. If that winds up being true, that week 17 game may be a candidate for flexing into Sunday night. Seems like the schedule makers might’ve thought Jags were going to be better than both the clots and tinhorns this year.

(10-08-2022, 08:48 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Jags, tacks, and colts all have 2 wins so far

I also see it as being between the Jaguars and Titans.  However, I feel good about the Jaguars chances.  The Titans next three games aren't tough (and neither are the Jaguars' opponents), but then it becomes brutal for the Titans.  If you put aside head-to-head games with us, the Titans final 8 games include 6 that I would consider to be tough --Kansas City, Green Bay, Cincinnati, Philadelphia, L.A. Chargers and Dallas with 4 of those games being on the road.  I consider the Jaguars to only have 3 tough games remaining on their schedule and they even get to play 2 of those at home.  I think we'll win more games against other opponents.  Head-to-head with the Titans will be key.  I feel if the Jaguars can at least split, they win the division.  The Titans will need to sweep the Jaguars for them to have a good shot at winning the division.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2022, 06:03 PM by CTEisREAL.)

Me too. TN is really bitten by the injury bug now. I thought they'd lose today but they got a gift from Wentz

We need to beat the Colts for sure next week to keep the heat on. Houston could make noise but I don't think they'll beat TN
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2022, 11:05 PM by snowwolf776. Edited 1 time in total.)

Jags are incample of winning,if you can't beat a winless team on your home field you can't beat anyone. Texans will end up with moe wins then the jags. Texans will cream jags in houstonthat will be win 2. then they will somehow beat some other teams they shouldn't. Texans are a lot better then Jags are unforttanttly.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

All the teams in the division suck.

Henry is by far the best player in this division so his team is most likely to win.

WEEK 8 Update:

The team to beat in the AFC South Division, at this point of the season, is in fact the Titans.
After having swept the 2nd place Colts, the odds are greatly in their favor to take the Division again.

There are two bright points in the stats so far for the Jaguars:
They have out-scored the next best scoring team in the division by 40 points &
they are the only team in the division with positive net points.
Unfortunately, that has not translated into wins at this point; however, there's still half a season left.

I cannot disagree. I wonder what Henry will do to our run D in December. He usually becomes stronger as year goes on and right now in seven games he is 15 yds behind Barkely who has played one more game than Henry.

Henry is not the key to TN. I think their DL is really good. Simmons is a monster.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

It's the tacks. Again. Because they don't rock the boat and they do what they do they best. That's a credit to Vrabel.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2022, 08:48 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-31-2022, 11:36 AM)CTEisREAL Wrote: I cannot disagree. I wonder what Henry will do to our run D in December. He usually becomes stronger as year goes on and right now in seven games he is 15 yds behind Barkely who has played one more game than Henry.

Henry is not the key to TN. I think their DL is really good. Simmons is a monster.

Derrick Henry might run for 300 against us. In one game.

It makes me sick beyond words that the Tacks will probably win this division yet again.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(10-31-2022, 08:18 AM)z_keeper Wrote: WEEK 8 Update:

The team to beat in the AFC South Division, at this point of the season, is in fact the Titans.
After having swept the 2nd place Colts, the odds are greatly in their favor to take the Division again.

There are two bright points in the stats so far for the Jaguars:
They have out-scored the next best scoring team in the division by 40 points &
they are the only team in the division with positive net points.
Unfortunately, that has not translated into wins at this point; however, there's still half a season left.

Week 18

Congratulations on the AFCS title!

Jaguars are still the only team in the division with positive net points!

Finally, the wins came in the second half.

It has been a minute, enjoy it!

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2023, 11:28 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-31-2022, 05:16 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 11:36 AM)CTEisREAL Wrote: I cannot disagree. I wonder what Henry will do to our run D in December. He usually becomes stronger as year goes on and right now in seven games he is 15 yds behind Barkely who has played one more game than Henry.

Derrick Henry might run for 300 against us. In one game.

It makes me sick beyond words that the Tacks will probably win this division yet again.

Crow has never tasted better. Forgive my unbelief!

(08-26-2022, 01:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: titans seem best poised to be the team to beat.
colts and Jags hovering in the middle area with question marks.
tinhorns may surprise a bit with Mills and Pierce, but have too many obstacles to overcome IMO

(09-24-2022, 01:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/BussinWTB/status/157...PJdNrG_VbA

Crazy how this division is somehow just slowly morphing into an opportunity for the Jags (and to a lesser degree, the tinhorns)

Not going to prematurely say too much, but, man, things are week-by-week looking more favorable for the good guys in the AFCS.

Can't take much of a victory lap here or anything, but it is awesome that all of these things came to pass. 
Would not have guessed it just before Thanksgiving.

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2023, 11:35 AM by Cleatwood.)

(08-28-2022, 06:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-28-2022, 12:55 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: TN is going to be better than their team last yr.  Their defensive unit is stronger and they have Henry back and no way they face the injury bug they did last yr.  Their rookie class also looks strong.  Their rookie 3rd rounder won the RT job and they solved the backup QB hole with Willis.  I think Indy is in trouble due to OL.  I agree Houston is solid because of Mills.  I think our DL is going to give fits to the division but until we stop the run we won't be the top of the hill.
Tacks will regress big time I think. No play making WR anymore to keep the D honest (I love Woods but off a torn ACL at his age?).

Defense will be meh which means it’ll be on Tannehills shoulders….. nope.
Well would you look at that hahaha

(08-28-2022, 12:55 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote:
(08-26-2022, 08:22 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: It's still the Titans. They won't be 12-5, but they're still the best in the division for now. Indy will be worse than last year, Ryan is a downgrade from Wentz, and Houston will be better than last year but still not good.

Davis Mills didn't have "lots of TDs" He threw 16.

And preseason record absolutely means nothing. Detroit was 4-0 in preseason the year they went 0-16 in the regular season.

TN is going to be better than their team last yr.  Their defensive unit is stronger and they have Henry back and no way they face the injury bug they did last yr.  Their rookie class also looks strong.  Their rookie 3rd rounder won the RT job and they solved the backup QB hole with Willis.  I think Indy is in trouble due to OL.  I agree Houston is solid because of Mills.  I think our DL is going to give fits to the division but until we stop the run we won't be the top of the hill.
Yikes... Hopefully this was a reverse jinx!