Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
team to beat in division

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2023, 12:20 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(08-29-2022, 06:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The Jags

!!!!!!!!!!!!

(08-28-2022, 01:23 PM)Jag88 Wrote: The team to beat is the jags! New bully coming on the block.

Good call

(08-28-2022, 01:23 PM)Jag88 Wrote: The team to beat is the jags! New bully coming on the block.

It was always the Jags.  It shouldn't of even been close

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS!
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-10-2023, 12:46 PM)Caldrac Wrote: IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS!

Facts.

Hmmm....CTE is conspicuously absent. Fancy that!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-08-2022, 08:24 PM)JW Wrote: The AFC South is a toss up….any team can win it…so it might as well be the Jaguars.  9-8  Division Champs, playoff bound. One can dream.

Nailed it. Dreams do come true sometimes.

(01-10-2023, 10:03 PM)JW Wrote:
(09-08-2022, 08:24 PM)JW Wrote: The AFC South is a toss up….any team can win it…so it might as well be the Jaguars.  9-8  Division Champs, playoff bound. One can dream.

Nailed it. Dreams do come true sometimes.

Nicely done! And before a game was even played.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We won the division this year with the team in it's first year under Doug Pederson's system. WIth a full season and another training camp in that philosophy, the team should be more efficient in it. They should be able to play faster and make fewer mistakes in it. Trevor Lawrence is already the most talented QB in the division and among the top 5-7 QBs in the league. No other QB within the division comes close.

The Jaguars should own this division for quite some time.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-13-2023, 08:07 AM)Bullseye Wrote: We won the division this year with the team in it's first year under Doug Pederson's system.  WIth a full season and another training camp in that philosophy, the team should be more efficient in it.  They should be able to play faster and make fewer mistakes in it.  Trevor Lawrence is already the most talented QB in the division and among the top 5-7 QBs in the league.  No other QB within the division comes close.

The Jaguars should own this division for quite some time.

I'm still getting my head around this.

But it is true. 

Barring bad luck and personnel misfires - the future is bright for the Jags in the AFCS

There’s talk that Aaron Rogers could be traded to the Titans.

(01-24-2023, 08:28 PM)GaJag Wrote: There’s talk that Aaron Rogers could be traded to the Titans.

AND HE SHALL BEND THE KNEE

(01-24-2023, 08:28 PM)GaJag Wrote: There’s talk that Aaron Rogers could be traded to the Titans.

He seems to be on the decline anyways, so whatever if true. He basically matched Trevors stats this year in terms of tds/turnovers with less yards which is not exactly the kind of stateline you expect to see from a prime Rodgers. And it's not like the Titans have some wild WR group like they did with AJ Brown. 

I'd say i'm worried, but i'm not.. also doubt it happens considering how much money they are paying Tannehill.

Desperation is a stinky cologne.

Seems like that would be a huge salary cap hit for them, but maybe they can absorb it? Plus, there would be a quality drop in WR. Hes not in the stage of his career where he wants to be part of a rebuild. Im thinking this is more about Aaron getting some love for Aaron while testing the market a little, even tho hes in the middle of a huge contract.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Let the Titans take his cap hit and relinquish their #1 picks to get him.  Henry is on the decline and their WRs aren't too good.

I could see that working about as well as the Russell Wilson deal did for the Broncos.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Unless Aaron Rodgers gets traded to Tennessee, Indianapolis or Houston (which I don't see happening), we should easily be the clear favorites in the division. We are the only team in the AFC South currently with a franchise QB.

(08-28-2022, 03:01 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:

you are setting yourself up for major dissaponitent. Jags wont be good this season. it will be another loseing season. it wouldn't surpise me if Jags are first team in nfl to get 1st pick 3 years in a row.

I am expecting the team to stink this year,ill still cheer them on,and hope they win,but i highly doubt they will. ill be surpised if they win more then 3 to four games.

This comment didn't age well

(03-09-2023, 10:45 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(08-28-2022, 03:01 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: you are setting yourself up for major dissaponitent. Jags wont be good this season. it will be another loseing season. it wouldn't surpise me if Jags are first team in nfl to get 1st pick 3 years in a row.

I am expecting the team to stink this year,ill still cheer them on,and hope they win,but i highly doubt they will. ill be surpised if they win more then 3 to four games.

This comment didn't age well

He also picked Arizona as SB winner. Hopefully he's not given to gambling.

The Jaguars with no one drafted or significant signings other than Ridley are still the best team in the division. The coaching woke the offense up and they know how to win. They will only be better. The young talent on defense will need to improve (Walker, Lloyd). Would like to see some secondary help, was also hoping for Hargrave since we lost Key. We're missing an interior pass rush and a good corner on the other side of Campbell. Also not thrilled with the safeties. Jenkins over achieved and Cisco is still developing. Vonn Bell I thought would be good. We need OL help as well. Hoping we fill in the remaining holes and contend not just for the division, but for homefield in the playoffs. I don't know that we win as much keeping everything the same from this past year.

(03-17-2023, 01:03 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: The Jaguars with no one drafted or significant signings other than Ridley are still the best team in the division.  The coaching woke the offense up and they know how to win.  They will only be better.  The young talent on defense will need to improve (Walker, Lloyd).  Would like to see some secondary help,  was also hoping for Hargrave since we lost Key.  We're missing an interior pass rush and a good corner on the other side of Campbell.  Also not thrilled with the safeties.  Jenkins over achieved and Cisco is still developing.  Vonn Bell I thought would be good.  We need OL help as well.  Hoping we fill in the remaining holes and contend not just for the division,  but for homefield in the playoffs.  I don't know that we win as much keeping everything the same from this past year.

Darious Williams is the good corner on the other side of Campbell. 
He played great there once they finally shifted him and the coaches have said he'll stay there.
We just need a nickel back. 

Cisco only had the look of "still developing" in three out of 19 games. He's good. 
Worry about strong safety, not Cisco. 

You're right to worry about OL. 
Cam underperformed, Walker may be forced to play the right side where he's less proven, LG is a mystery with Bartch coming back from injury and Shatley declining rapidly. Fortner gave up tons of pressure at center as a rookie, and Norwell played badly at times post injury. 
They need legit competition and depth.