Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 3 talk

Great catch by Pickens

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Incredible one handed catch by Pickens indeed

In slow mo it looked like a scene out of The Matrix.

Interesting to see that Myles Jack has the green dot on his helmet for the Steelers.

Why are these games no longer on NFL Network but on Amazon Prime video? Now I've got to fund the Bezos money machine to watch the NFL on Thursday? Is Bezos not rich enough?!? Fresh Hell...
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(09-22-2022, 09:50 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Why are these games no longer on NFL Network but on Amazon Prime video?  Now I've got to fund the Bezos money machine to watch the NFL on Thursday? Is Bezos not rich enough?!?  Fresh Hell...

Amazon is paying the NFL $1 Billion per year for the next 11 years for the rights to TNF. Which is why it's being shown on Prime video.

(09-22-2022, 09:50 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Why are these games no longer on NFL Network but on Amazon Prime video?  Now I've got to fund the Bezos money machine to watch the NFL on Thursday? Is Bezos not rich enough?!?  Fresh Hell...
Then don’t watch lol

If you’re upset about this, just wait until Apple buys the rights to Sunday Ticket and RedZone….

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2022, 12:00 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

(09-22-2022, 10:17 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Then don’t watch lol

If you’re upset about this, just wait until Apple buys the rights to Sunday Ticket and RedZone….

Well, buwahaha, I CAN'T watch thanks to this buyout of the NFL. I wouldn't even be that upset except that the sports package I paid for at the time with Xfinity included NFL network. So now NFL network sells the TNF to Amazon and now I have to pay again to get what I am supposed to get in the package? Ridiculous. No wonder so many people are using shared logins to access Amazon Prime.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I have amazon and the nfl net work, so it did not impact me too much. I actually like amazon, and I like the NFL network, so I use both. I will be intereted in the nfl ticket when and if, it gets sold. Glad to see the steelers lose. I have a feeling they will be benching qb 1 soon

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2022, 08:45 AM by Mikey.)

(09-22-2022, 09:23 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Interesting to see that Myles Jack has the green dot on his helmet for the Steelers.

...because he needs the voice in his head reminding him what to do? Big Grin

three reasons:
money
money
money.

Herbstreit is miserable in commentary, too.

I think bars can broadcast through Direct TV somehow, so you always have that option, although few bars are gonna let you hang on a couch in your PJs

(09-22-2022, 11:36 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(09-22-2022, 10:17 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Then don’t watch lol

Well, buwahaha, I CAN'T watch thanks to this buyout of the NFL.  I wouldn't even be that upset except that the sports package I paid for at the time with Xfinity included NFL network. So now NFL network sells the TNF to Amazon and now I have to pay again to get what I am supposed to get in the package? Ridiculous.  No wonder so many people are using shared logins to access Amazon Prime.

You paid for NFLN. You didn't pay for game broadcasts. As the Canucks like to say, sorey.

(09-23-2022, 04:14 AM)Jag88 Wrote: I have amazon and the nfl net work, so it did not impact me too much. I actually like amazon, and I like the NFL network, so I use both. I will be intereted in the nfl ticket when and if, it gets sold. Glad to see the steelers lose. I have a feeling they will be benching qb 1 soon

I find that I tend to stream the game on my phone using prime video app, and end up watching something else on the main TV.

I will say I find their interactive stuff annoying. I don't want to vote on who scores next or how many points we see in the second half. I want to see the stat line that you are displaying that supports the commentary from your broadcasters. Maybe on TV there's more room to stash the popups, but on a phone they are poop and butt.

If you are a genX type get use to not getting what you like. The next up types just out number us too much and it is all getting realigned to what they want.

They like small screen on the go and "interactive" stuff. Reason my company flushed out all the exclusive rights is more people stream then pay for cable. My directv bill was better but the squeeze hit and I had to cord cut as well.

I have NFL+ and I have been surprised that I can same day watch games now. I am ready for Apple or whoever pays for the Sunday Ticket.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

How many people we able to watch the Thursday night game? I did not because it meant I had to stream it. Wonder what the numbers look like with this switch to streaming ?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2022, 03:35 PM by Eric1.)

(09-22-2022, 11:36 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(09-22-2022, 10:17 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Then don’t watch lol

Well, buwahaha, I CAN'T watch thanks to this buyout of the NFL.  I wouldn't even be that upset except that the sports package I paid for at the time with Xfinity included NFL network. So now NFL network sells the TNF to Amazon and now I have to pay again to get what I am supposed to get in the package? Ridiculous.  No wonder so many people are using shared logins to access Amazon Prime.

You can watch the TNF games for free at twitch.tv/primevideo

Twitch is a live streaming platform that's owned by Amazon.

As someone said... It is controlled advertising as live sports is one of the last hold outs of the old broadcast model. Apple TV is underwhelming now but I can't imagine how expensive it is going to get when/if they do Sunday ticket.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2022, 10:51 PM by Jag88.)

I like the NFL redzone. I didnt think I would like until I got it,and it was worth it. I have mine through dish network.

(09-23-2022, 08:49 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-23-2022, 04:14 AM)Jag88 Wrote: I have amazon and the nfl net work, so it did not impact me too much. I actually like amazon, and I like the NFL network, so I use both. I will be intereted in the nfl ticket when and if, it gets sold. Glad to see the steelers lose. I have a feeling they will be benching qb 1 soon

I find that I tend to stream the game on my phone using prime video app, and end up watching something else on the main TV.

I will say I find their interactive stuff annoying. I don't want to vote on who scores next or how many points we see in the second half. I want to see the stat line that you are displaying that supports the commentary from your broadcasters. Maybe on TV there's more room to stash the popups, but on a phone they are poop and butt.

If it's the jags, it's full tv attention worthy though haha

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2022, 01:15 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

I’m watching the Bills Dolphins game. NFL Sunday Ticket, baby!

Josh Allen came out slinging the rock and the Bills are already on Miami’s 28.

Bills score on opening drive.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2022, 01:35 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Got a lot of money on the Jags and Dolphins parlay

Holland is one of the best Safeties in the league. Hopefully Cisco can get there.

Miami D getting their feet under them.

Matt Ryan looks great rn against cheifs, maybe jags/texans defense just on something.