Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pro Bowl being replaced with Flag Football...seriously!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It was already essentially flag football.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2022, 02:10 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

The Pro Bowl was just stupid. Everyone you really want to see, opts out because of the Super Bowl a week or two afterwards. Play the game after the Super Bowl and make it a long weekend with skills competitions..

It's not that damn difficult and it's pretty common sense..

Edit: Make it more incentive as well.. Make them want to go and play

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

It's not a bad idea. Really just depends on how it is implemented.

I'm not sure about the Mannings being the most influential for how it is set up/run. Would hope they get more different positions and players to think things up. Or even talk to some college/high school coaches on some outside-the-box drills/contests they have done that they could introduce.

They need to find ways to make it seem fun, especially that child-like fun, and also have opportunities for the player to just show off ridiculous abilities and wow moments. In a social media age, that would easily get eyeballs and drive interest.

Honestly, they could even like poke fun at the puppy and kitten bowls by having something using pets.

I wouldn't even have a game. Just make it all skills competitions and work some fan participation in there somehow. A flag football game is worse than what it already is.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Are lineman going to participate in the flag football game?

No pads brawl haha

It’s finally official.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Seriously they just need to give it up... It's been a joke and a popularity contest forever.... have an award ceremony and maybe a skills competition.... be done with it already

I dont remember anyone getting seriously hurt in the pro bowl game. I could be wrong. Its just a shame they cant just play one game all out with the best players of the season as traditional.

(10-10-2022, 06:55 AM)Jag88 Wrote: I dont remember anyone getting seriously hurt in the pro bowl game. I could be wrong. Its just a shame they cant just play one game all out with the best players of the season as traditional.

Not entirely sure, but in a bit of cruel irony, Robert Edwards was the first person I thought of when the shield brought up flag football. If you're a certain age, you probably don't even have to google that one.

I've seen some big hit/dirty hit compilations and a few looked like they were in probe owl games. Those are real head scratchers. Like, there are no real trophies at stake, no monster contracts riding on this exhibition. Keep it fun!

(10-10-2022, 03:10 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-10-2022, 06:55 AM)Jag88 Wrote: I dont remember anyone getting seriously hurt in the pro bowl game. I could be wrong. Its just a shame they cant just play one game all out with the best players of the season as traditional.

Not entirely sure, but in a bit of cruel irony, Robert Edwards was the first person I thought of when the shield brought up flag football. If you're a certain age, you probably don't even have to google that one.

I've seen some big hit/dirty hit compilations and a few looked like they were in probe owl games. Those are real head scratchers. Like, there are no real trophies at stake, no monster contracts riding on this exhibition. Keep it fun!

Agreed, I'd ban the game entirely. Going to the flags just makes it more of a laughingstock. And as you noted, freak injuries can still occur even in a flag game, although if my memory serves me correctly, Edwards was injury prone at Georgia. Either way, it was effectively the end of his career. Just have a skills competition with some kind of fan interaction and leave it at that.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Sean Taylor didn’t care if it was the pro bowl.

Sean Taylor 2006 Pro Bowl hit

(10-12-2022, 09:04 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(10-10-2022, 03:10 PM)Mikey Wrote: Not entirely sure, but in a bit of cruel irony, Robert Edwards was the first person I thought of when the shield brought up flag football. If you're a certain age, you probably don't even have to google that one.

Agreed, I'd ban the game entirely.  Going to the flags just makes it more of a laughingstock.  And as you noted, freak injuries can still occur even in a flag game, although if my memory serves me correctly, Edwards was injury prone at Georgia. Either way, it was effectively the end of his career.  Just have a skills competition with some kind of fan interaction and leave it at that.

Edwards was playing on sand, that's completely different.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I honestly believe the best move they can make is to play the game or skills comp after the Super Bowl. One of the main problems is a good portion of players elected don't play because they're preparing for the SB..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:Now that the NFL has changed the Pro Bowl from a glorified scrimmage to what hopes to be a more competitive flag football event, the league will hold not one, not two, but three flag football games between NFC and AFC players on Sunday, Feb. 5 in Las Vegas.

Pro Bowlers will be broken up across three flag football games that will see 20-minute games with two halves played on 50-yard fields. Scoring plays will count for six points with a one-point conversion from the 5-yard line.

The NFL is labeling the entire week of festivities the Pro Bowl Games. The skills competitions will mostly take place on Thursday, Feb. 2, including quarterback competitions, kicking competitions and other events. There will be cumulative scoring in the skills events in the week leading up to the flag football games on Sunday that will help determine which conference wins the event. The third and final flag game will determine the conference winner.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2023-...c-and-afc/

Still won't watch it, think its a waste of time. Same way I never watch the NBA all-star game, MLB, etc. MLS is somewhat better because at least they play a competitive game against good European clubs or similar.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

Just put up 5 million bucks to the winner at each position for every player, including coaches and staff.

Have it after the Super Bowl

The losing team gets nothing.