Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TWITAFCS - Week 6

All right! This week in the AFC South, 2 teams on byes, so not many picks to make. For some, this is a blessing, a chance not to fall further back of the leaders. For others, it's one less chance to pick against the tacks. The bye week is due, I tell ya!!

We all know the matchup on the schedule. One shot, might be some of our best chances at a perfect week. Here goes:

duval 17 indynoplace (home) 16: I don't think it's the trouncing that Indy took a few weeks back, but we need a game like this to go our way.  Thus far, the wins have been washouts and the losses closely contested. The team is still learning, and I dare not imagine how dejected some will get if we don't pull off the road win. While I wouldn't pass up a blowout victory, I see more for us to gain by clawing our way past a contender.

the tacks barely squeak past BYE. 
the tinhorns get one win all season thusfar, and get to enjoy it for two whole weeks. Guess what? that's one more week in the cellar for yas!

oh yeah, 8-7-1 on the season, hopefully I stay above .500 the rest of the year.

PS We miss you Bullseye!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2022, 02:31 PM by HandsomeRob86. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-14-2022, 01:48 PM)Mikey Wrote: All right! This week in the AFC South, 2 teams on byes, so not many picks to make. For some, this is a blessing, a chance not to fall further back of the leaders. For others, it's one less chance to pick against the tacks. The bye week is due, I tell ya!!

We all know the matchup on the schedule. One shot, might be some of our best chances at a perfect week. Here goes:

duval 17 indynoplace (home) 16: I don't think it's the trouncing that Indy took a few weeks back, but we need a game like this to go our way.  Thus far, the wins have been washouts and the losses closely contested. The team is still learning, and I dare not imagine how dejected some will get if we don't pull off the road win. While I wouldn't pass up a blowout victory, I see more for us to gain by clawing our way past a contender.

the tinhorns get one win all season thusfar, and get to enjoy it for two whole weeks. Guess what? that's one more week in the cellar for yas!

PS We miss you Bullseye!

Lol only chance for perfect. Going Jags. I am like 4-11-1 or something terrible.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Last week: 1 and 2 plus a trip to the Modis Building.

9-6-1 overall.

This week Trevor rights the ship and pulls off the upset in Indy. 24 - 10 Jags
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Brutal week last week. 0-3, now 6-9-1.

I'll take the colts and hope I go to 6-10-1.

1-2 last week
10-5-1 overall

Hopefully I’m wrong and I usually stay away from score predictions, but I smell another stinker (pun intended).

Colts by something like 16-13
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I'll take colts this week.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Jags ( I think our defense wins us this one, at least I hope so)

Last week: 2 - 1

Overall:      9 - 6- 1
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

I got the Clots in this.

Picking Jags
(7-8-1)

Jags

Overall: 9-6-1

It's been a frustrating last 2 weeks.  This team is good enough to consistently win with mediocre QB play.  Here's trusting that Trevor won't give the game away for a third week in a row.  If he does, I'd be happy benching him for a game or two and see if that motivates him.  Doug...please run the ball tomorrow and throw in a few screens every now and then, pretty please?

Jags over Colts

last week:  2-1
overall:  9-6-1
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

8-7-1

Ugh, Damned if I do, damned if I don’t. Really not sure which way to go with it. So, I’ll go with:

Jags over the clots.

7-8 after last week and I won't be picking the Jaguars to win again until they show me something other than the kind of game losing play I saw out of Travon last week.

The colts are a bad team, so I'm thinking this one is something like 9-7 colts over the Jags with the jaguars committing a few offensive holds, personal fouls, and pass interferences at critical junctures to lose.

5- 8 overall. This week I'm going Jags

(10-16-2022, 07:18 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: 7-8 after last week and I won't be picking the Jaguars to win again until they show me something other than the kind of game losing play I saw out of Travon last week.

The colts are a bad team, so I'm thinking this one is something like 9-7 colts over the Jags with the jaguars committing a few offensive holds, personal fouls, and pass interferences at critical junctures to lose.

Lol, how ridiculous of me to assume the defense would be able to stop the worst offense in the league.

(10-14-2022, 04:58 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I'll take colts this week.

1-0 this week,and it moves me to  10.5 ,and 8.5  overall. 

I tried to tell everyone here its the same ol jags,and no one wanted to listen.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(10-14-2022, 02:27 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(10-14-2022, 01:48 PM)Mikey Wrote: All right! This week in the AFC South, 2 teams on byes, so not many picks to make. For some, this is a blessing, a chance not to fall further back of the leaders. For others, it's one less chance to pick against the tacks. The bye week is due, I tell ya!!

PS We miss you Bullseye!

Lol only chance for perfect. Going Jags. I am like 4-11-1 or something terrible.

I usee to have a rule about not picking the jags. I think that needs to come back in effect. My optism at having a average offense has made me think we are a better team than we are. 

4-12-1

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(10-15-2022, 06:05 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Jags

Overall: 9-6-1

0-1

Overall: 9-7-1

since the tacks and tinhorns survived the week without taking an L to "BYE", I only managed to miss on one pick this weekend. 8-8-1 on the season.

(10-14-2022, 04:35 PM)RicoTx Wrote: 1-2 last week
10-5-1 overall

Hopefully I’m wrong and I usually stay away from score predictions, but I smell another stinker (pun intended).

Colts by something like 16-13

1-0

11-5-1
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]