Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2023 Draft Needs (merged threads)

Say we're in position to draft either Will Anderson, or Jalen Carter what do you do?

Draft Anderson and move Walker inside, or draft Carter and continue to let Walker develop on the outside?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-31-2022, 11:19 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Say we're in position to draft either Will Anderson, or Jalen Carter what do you do?

Draft Anderson and move Walker inside, or draft Carter and continue to let Walker develop on the outside?

Anderson and I'm not thinking about it twice.

(10-31-2022, 11:19 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Say we're in position to draft either Will Anderson, or Jalen Carter what do you do?

This is tough.  Still to early to make that call, have to see the rest of the season and the combine.

Drafting Jalen Carter in the 1st and trading back into the first to draft Jalin Hyatt is my dream early on. Still very early though

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2022, 08:40 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

Draft Carter and let Walker keep developing on the outside. Anytime this team tries to get cute and move players around they fumble the bag. Myles Jack 2.0 in this scenario. 

Walker has the strength, he just needs to get better with knowing when and how to pull a swim move, rip move or lay off the gas pedal a bit to fall back as the QB drifts up into the pocket. 

Carter would be able to collapse the pocket more times than not and become a constant headache within the interior. He's a need. As much as I hate to admit that and as much I would like to see this team trade down and get a WR. His value there is too great. 

Also, if they're going to keep Josh Allen on for another year, which seems likely at this point, they're going to have to keep building around him since he hasn't been able to get it done and truly replace the likes of Ngakoue and Campbell which is exactly what he was ultimately drafted to do.

WR wise though I am doing everything in my power to draft any combination of these two players.

Quentin Johnston, Demus Jr. & AT Perry at WR
Darnell Washington, Luke Muskgrave & Zack Kuntz at TE

It's becoming abundantly clear week by week that this team needs a receiving threat with height, speed and 50/50 catching ability. Any pairing of those receivers and tight ends would go a long way in making Lawrence's life that much easier while also opening the rest of the offense up for Kirk and Jones to get downfield or more open.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-01-2022, 08:37 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

Draft Carter and let Walker keep developing on the outside. Anytime this team tries to get cute and move players around they fumble the bag. Myles Jack 2.0 in this scenario. 

Walker has the strength, he just needs to get better with knowing when and how to pull a swim move, rip move or lay off the gas pedal a bit to fall back as the QB drifts up into the pocket. 

Carter would be able to collapse the pocket more times than not and become a constant headache within the interior. He's a need. As much as I hate to admit that and as much I would like to see this team trade down and get a WR. His value there is too great. 

Also, if they're going to keep Josh Allen on for another year, which seems likely at this point, they're going to have to keep building around him since he hasn't been able to get it done and truly replace the likes of Ngakoue and Campbell which is exactly what he was ultimately drafted to do.

Most drafts you can always get a really good WR late 1st or top of the 2nd.  Hyatt is one of my favorite players in the draft and has the potential to be the best WRs in this draft imo.  If we could get Carter and trade back into to 20s for Hyatt we could get the best interior defender and a true number 1 for Trevor.

(11-01-2022, 08:41 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 08:37 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Draft Carter and let Walker keep developing on the outside. Anytime this team tries to get cute and move players around they fumble the bag. Myles Jack 2.0 in this scenario. 

Most drafts you can always get a really good WR late 1st or top of the 2nd.  Hyatt is one of my favorite players in the draft and has the potential to be the best WRs in this draft imo.  If we could get Carter and trade back into to 20s for Hyatt we could get the best interior defender and a true number 1 for Trevor.
6ft 180 might not be it. I think he's good but he's not better than Jordan Addison (also small) or Quentin Johnson.

I really wish Marvin Harrison Jr was in this class. That's the dude.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2022, 09:26 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-01-2022, 08:59 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 08:41 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Most drafts you can always get a really good WR late 1st or top of the 2nd.  Hyatt is one of my favorite players in the draft and has the potential to be the best WRs in this draft imo.  If we could get Carter and trade back into to 20s for Hyatt we could get the best interior defender and a true number 1 for Trevor.
6ft 180 might not be it. I think he's good but he's not better than Jordan Addison (also small) or Quentin Johnson.

He's heavier than 180.  I like Jordan Addison as well.  Do you know how big guys like Chase, Diggs. Waddle. JJ are?  They are right around 6' and skinnier guys.  If you need a 6'4" WR so your QB doesn't over throw him you have the wrong QB lol.  Hyatt has 14 TDs already and had 5 alone against Alabamas really good corners.  Hyatt is a monster and I'd consider him with the first WR picked.  I really like Johnston as well. What makes you so sure Addison is better than Hyatt?

(11-01-2022, 09:21 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 08:59 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: 6ft 180 might not be it. I think he's good but he's not better than Jordan Addison (also small) or Quentin Johnson.

He's heavier than 180.  I like Jordan Addison as well.  Do you know how big guys like Chase, Diggs. Waddle. JJ are?  They are right around 6' and skinnier guys.  If you need a 6'4" WR so your QB doesn't over throw him you have the wrong QB lol.  Hyatt has 14 TDs already and had 5 alone against Alabamas really good corners.  Hyatt is a monster and I'd consider him with the first WR picked.  I really like Johnston as well.  What makes you so sure Addison is better than Hyatt?
Addison is the best pure route runner in this class so that's why he's kind of 1A 1B for me with Johnston.

Johnston isn't just 6 4 and fast. He's got a lot of tools and he gives this team something they currently don't have.

TBH, I'll be happy with a lot of WRs from this class but they gotta take one.

Addison was my number 1 guy coming into the season and Johnston is very good as well, but you are sleeping on Hyatt. I do really like all 3 but It's kinda weird last year that you wanted the more speed guy like Williams over the better route runners like Wilson and Olave but this year you want the better route runner over a guy like Wlliams in Hyatt

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2022, 11:12 AM by Mikey.)

I lean to Carter.

In the Allen trade thread, it's been widely stated that Allen was at his best when the supporting cast was full and complimentary. Get guys that bolster the interior and force the QB into your pass rush on the outside. I don't know if just putting weight on Walker is enough to make him as productive as you'd like from your interior guys.

(11-01-2022, 08:37 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

WR wise though I am doing everything in my power to draft any combination of these two players.

Quentin Johnston, Demus Jr. & AT Perry at WR
Darnell Washington, Luke Muskgrave & Zack Kuntz at TE

It's becoming abundantly clear week by week that this team needs a receiving threat with height, speed and 50/50 catching ability. Any pairing of those receivers and tight ends would go a long way in making Lawrence's life that much easier while also opening the rest of the offense up for Kirk and Jones to get downfield or more open.

all of this right here.
Getting cute is how you throw a pick on 1st and goal at the 1.

(11-01-2022, 11:01 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Addison was my number 1 guy coming into the season and Johnston is very good as well, but you are sleeping on Hyatt. I do really like all 3 but  It's kinda weird last year that you wanted the more speed guy like Williams over the better route runners like Wilson and Olave but this year you want the better route runner over a guy like Wlliams in Hyatt
Well that's because Hyatt isn't anywhere close to the prospect that Williams was last year.

And it's not a slight at all to Olave or Wilson (who you said isn't their #1 but Moore was lol). All 3 are incredible and I was hoping for any of them in a trade up. Jamo has that gear like Tyreek Hill or Waddle that this team desperately needs. Jamo wasn't a pick for 2022 but one for 2023 and beyond. Last years WR class was really good so of course the Jags select 2 linebackers and running back.....

(11-01-2022, 11:28 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 11:01 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Addison was my number 1 guy coming into the season and Johnston is very good as well, but you are sleeping on Hyatt. I do really like all 3 but  It's kinda weird last year that you wanted the more speed guy like Williams over the better route runners like Wilson and Olave but this year you want the better route runner over a guy like Wlliams in Hyatt
Well that's because Hyatt isn't anywhere close to the prospect that Williams was last year.

And it's not a slight at all to Olave or Wilson (who you said isn't their #1 but Moore was lol). All 3 are incredible and I was hoping for any of them in a trade up. Jamo has that gear like Tyreek Hill or Waddle that this team desperately needs. Jamo wasn't a pick for 2022 but one for 2023 and beyond. Last years WR class was really good so of course the Jags select 2 linebackers and running back.....
Yeah, you are highly underrating Hyatt to say he ismt anywhere close.  Dude is a home run hitter just like Jamo was, you havent seen any Tennessee games obviously.  Williams had 15 TDs last year Hyatt already has 14. If Trevor can get more accurate on deep throws he is the type of deep threat this team needs.

Revisiting this thread.

Jags have a pick in each of the first 3 rounds + two fourth rounders and 3 sixths.

With that in mind, I'd love to see them find a way to unearth:
  • a stud IOL with G/C versatility
  • a CB 
  • an interior disruptor 3 tech DT type who collapses pockets more than the guys they have
  • and a SS 

It's a lot to ask for if all of them are starter quality right away  - and it leaves some things to figure out in free agency for sure, but I feel like those may be good positions to find in the draft instead of FA. I'll know more when I actually look at prospects coming out at those positions, LOL, but I've been way too busy. Many of you guys will have more info on actual prospects at these spots than I have at this point.

sidenotes: yes, I think Ridley will be good and I'm fine with a late round receiver addition. I wouldn't address it early - but I know why many of you want to. 
I think focusing on getting TL a cleaner pocket - and holding off pressure for a 1/4 second longer will pay off as much or more than adding a WR draft pick. 

In my scenario we get a deal done to keep Engram around at TE and end up with Taylor (long shot) or Little at RT.

(12-16-2022, 09:39 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Revisiting this thread.

Jags have a pick in each of the first 3 rounds + two fourth rounders and 3 sixths.

• a CB 
  • an interior disruptor 3 tech DT type who collapses pockets more than the guys they have
  • and a SS 

It's a lot to ask for if all of them are starter quality right away  - and it leaves some things to figure out in free agency for sure, but I feel like those may be good positions to find in the draft instead of FA. I'll know more when I actually look at prospects coming out at those positions, LOL, but I've been way too busy. Many of you guys will have more info on actual prospects at these spots than I have at this point.

sidenotes: yes, I think Ridley will be good and I'm fine with a late round receiver addition. I wouldn't address it early - but I know why many of you want to. 
I think focusing on getting TL a cleaner pocket - and holding off pressure for a 1/4 second longer will pay off as much or more than adding a WR draft pick. 

In my scenario we get a deal done to keep Engram around at TE and end up with Taylor (long shot) or Little at RT.
Can't disagree with this too much.

I'm still team Quentin Johnston in round 1 if he's there but also have no issue with giving Trevor a better pocket. I want an offensive-heavy draft after there was a defensive-heavy draft last year and a ton of money was spent on D last year.

• a CB 
  • and a SS 

Similar stance. Favoring offense. Would be happy with Mayer at TE or Skoronski at OT in the opening night.

Wouldn't flinch on day two if a CB or DT is there. I think WR wise we could get AT Perry, Dontay Demus Jr. or Rashee Rice in RD3.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

While as fans we always prefer an offensive heavy draft particularly when we’ve got Trevor, I think it’s unrealistic to expect it, particularly when the offence is performing well and we’ve already added Ridley, I expect a cb to be the pick in round 1. And then where ever the draft falls after that

(12-17-2022, 11:27 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

• a CB 
  • and a SS 

Similar stance. Favoring offense. Would be happy with Mayer at TE or Skoronski at OT in the opening night.

Wouldn't flinch on day two if a CB or DT is there. I think WR wise we could get AT Perry, Dontay Demus Jr. or Rashee Rice in RD3.

Would love Skoronski but i don't see him falling out of the top 10.

(12-17-2022, 01:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-17-2022, 11:27 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Similar stance. Favoring offense. Would be happy with Mayer at TE or Skoronski at OT in the opening night.

Would love Skoronski but i don't see him falling out of the top 10.
Yeah. True. Going to be a fun four weeks ahead.

Ideal draft:

Rd. 1: Peter Skoronski- Plug and play offensive lineman who is a mauler in the run game. Jags will likely have to lose out to get him.

Rd. 2: Luke Musgrave: Tall, athletic tight end to be paired with re-signed Engram.

Rd. 3: Garrett Williams: Would have been a 2nd rounder if not for torn ACL. Will eventually start at cornerback alongside Campbell.

Rd. 4: Derick Hall: Edge rusher to replace Walker who moves to defensive end.

Try to trade up with remaining picks and add interior lineman, run stuffer, safety and running back.

More realistic draft:

Rd. 1: Joey Porter

Rd. 2: