Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2023 Draft Needs (merged threads)

(12-17-2022, 04:15 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Ideal draft:

Rd. 1: Peter Skoronski- Plug and play offensive lineman who is a mauler in the run game. Jags will likely have to lose out to get him.

Rd. 2: Luke Musgrave: Tall, athletic tight end to be paired with re-signed Engram.

Rd. 3: Garrett Williams: Would have been a 2nd rounder if not for torn ACL. Will eventually start at cornerback alongside Campbell.

Rd. 4: Derick Hall: Edge rusher to replace Walker who moves to defensive end.

Try to trade up with remaining picks and add interior lineman, run stuffer, safety and running back.

More realistic draft:

Rd. 1: Joey Porter

Rd. 2:

I like it.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

For me, it would currently be:

RD1 - Michael Mayer - TE - Notre Dame
RD2 - Emmanuel Forbes - CB - Mississippi State
RD3 - AT Perry - WR - Wake Forest
RD4 - Riley Moss - CB - Iowa
RD4 - Tucker Kraft - TE - South Dakota State
RD6 - Javon Foster - OT - Missouri
RD6 - Keondre Coburn - DT - Texas
RD6 - Cody Mauch - OT/OG - North Dakota State

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-18-2022, 07:03 AM)Caldrac Wrote: For me, it would currently be:

Recently got my first real look at AT Perry.

It would be a MAJOR coup/steal to land him in the 3rd.

One question though.  Does this scenario envision the Jaguars parting ways with Evan Engram?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(12-18-2022, 10:58 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-18-2022, 07:03 AM)Caldrac Wrote: For me, it would currently be:

Recently got my first real look at AT Perry.

One question though.  Does this scenario envision the Jaguars parting ways with Evan Engram?

Yeah. Unfortunately I think this next off season is going to be tough to keep some key players. That's why I tried to backfill as much as possible. However, if they do manage to resign Engram. I could see them potentially drafting two TE's just to be safe because technically they're going to see Arnold and Manhertz also hit the market. 

I agree about Perry. He's a big cat, loads of production. If he tests well he probably ends up in the RD2 discussion for sure. In that case. I take him there instead of Forbes at CB and opt out for Garrett Williams out of Syracuse in RD3 instead.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2022, 11:49 AM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-18-2022, 11:14 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-18-2022, 10:58 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Recently got my first real look at AT Perry.

Yeah. Unfortunately I think this next off season is going to be tough to keep some key players. That's why I tried to backfill as much as possible. However, if they do manage to resign Engram. I could see them potentially drafting two TE's just to be safe because technically they're going to see Arnold and Manhertz also hit the market. 

I agree about Perry. He's a big cat, loads of production. If he tests well he probably ends up in the RD2 discussion for sure. In that case. I take him there instead of Forbes at CB and opt out for Garrett Williams out of Syracuse in RD3 instead.

Perry reminds me of Mike Evans in Tampa.

As for TE, I've seen a few really good prospects. I love the two guys from Georgia (With Washington being the traditional Y who reminds me of Indy's Jelani Woods). South Carolina has a really athletic kid (#0) and Mayer will be the latest in a long line of good Notre Dame TEs. They are like the proverbial Penn State LB or USC RB/OL.

(12-18-2022, 11:45 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-18-2022, 11:14 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Yeah. Unfortunately I think this next off season is going to be tough to keep some key players. That's why I tried to backfill as much as possible. However, if they do manage to resign Engram. I could see them potentially drafting two TE's just to be safe because technically they're going to see Arnold and Manhertz also hit the market. 

Perry reminds me of Mike Evans in Tampa.

As for TE, I've seen a few really good prospects.  I love the two guys from Georgia (With Washington being the traditional Y who reminds me of Indy's Jelani Woods).  South Carolina has a really athletic kid (#0) and Mayer will be the latest in a long line of good Notre Dame TEs.  They are like the proverbial Penn State LB or USC RB/OL.

Yup. Just going to be an interesting off season for sure. Free Agency will be especially interesting to watch if this team [BLEEP] around and makes a play off run as a 4th seed. 

I don't think they would get too deep, just because of the defensive issues across the board, however, if they get into a shoot out? I like our odds with Lawrence and this offense and our defense can sometimes sneak up on you in the turnover department. 

One game at a time. I know. Jets incoming Thursday. Let's just get it together and keep chaining these wins together.

I’ll tell you one thing: gonna be weird throwing my draft party and then having to wait a while for the Jags to pick! Hahaha LETS GO

(12-17-2022, 11:57 AM)Craigukjag Wrote: While as fans we always prefer an offensive heavy draft particularly when we’ve got Trevor, I think it’s unrealistic to expect it, particularly when the offence is performing well and we’ve already added Ridley, I expect a cb to be the pick in round 1. And then where ever the draft falls after that

Yeah, with Ridley coming aboard I have a feeling a lot of folks are going to be disappointed when we bypass WR on darft day(s).

I'd much rather we aim to plug other holes than try to overfill one room. Of course, if value overlaps, don't pass up the steal, but we need help on the lines and secondary a heap more than at receiver.

(12-19-2022, 11:20 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-17-2022, 11:57 AM)Craigukjag Wrote: While as fans we always prefer an offensive heavy draft particularly when we’ve got Trevor, I think it’s unrealistic to expect it, particularly when the offence is performing well and we’ve already added Ridley, I expect a cb to be the pick in round 1. And then where ever the draft falls after that

Yeah, with Ridley coming aboard I have a feeling a lot of folks are going to be disappointed when we bypass WR on darft day(s).

I'd much rather we aim to plug other holes than try to overfill one room. Of course, if value overlaps, don't pass up the steal, but we need help on the lines and secondary a heap more than at receiver.
As long as we get the picks right, I'll be okay with what they do in the first round whether it's receiver or not.

We have to build a team good enough to get to a Super Bowl.  I believe we have the QB, which is the hardest piece to find.  But the other pieces are important.

I think having Trevor is going to make resigning some guys easier than yall might think. They all know how special he is and is gonna become still. Guys want to play with that kind of talent at QB.

(12-19-2022, 06:17 PM)ClemsonJag Wrote: I think having Trevor is going to make resigning some guys easier than yall might think. They all know how special he is and is gonna become still. Guys want to play with that kind of talent at QB.

I've no doubt Trevor's presence and development into a top QB will make some players more eager to stay and other to join the Jagwagon.

But the team and the player may have different ideas when it comes to compensation.

I just hope everyone involved=the players and the team-makes the right decisions.

Oline

CB

WR

(12-17-2022, 04:15 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Ideal draft:

Rd. 1: Peter Skoronski- Plug and play offensive lineman who is a mauler in the run game. Jags will likely have to lose out to get him.

Rd. 2: Luke Musgrave: Tall, athletic tight end to be paired with re-signed Engram.

Rd. 3: Garrett Williams: Would have been a 2nd rounder if not for torn ACL. Will eventually start at cornerback alongside Campbell.

Rd. 4: Derick Hall: Edge rusher to replace Walker who moves to defensive end.

Try to trade up with remaining picks and add interior lineman, run stuffer, safety and running back.

More realistic draft:

Rd. 1: Joey Porter

Rd. 2:

Well if we know anything about Trent Balke, it's that he will absolutely draft Garret Williams because the man loves himself a torn ACL.

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2022, 07:54 PM by StrayaJag.)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LzxoaKelzM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjEDznZgGWA

Either of my choices for Rd 1

(12-20-2022, 07:53 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LzxoaKelzM

I see Skoronski as more of a guard...but a heckuva player.

While far from a football factory, they have put out some outstanding OL over the years.

(12-20-2022, 09:25 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-20-2022, 07:53 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LzxoaKelzM

I see Skoronski as more of a guard...but a heckuva player.

While far from a football factory, they have put out some outstanding OL over the years.

Skoronski's versatility is a major plus. Whether he ends up as a tackle or guard, he will likely be a pro-bowler and team leader.

(12-20-2022, 09:59 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(12-20-2022, 09:25 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I see Skoronski as more of a guard...but a heckuva player.

Skoronski's versatility is a major plus. Whether he ends up as a tackle or guard, he will likely be a pro-bowler and team leader.

Agreed. Pondered this idea earlier in this thread maybe or another. But, maybe we could go the Jonathan Ogden route with him. Guard as a rookie. Then bump up to Tackle.

I'm kinda leaning towards Devon Witherspoon. We could use another enforcer in that secondary and he would be a perfect addition to our secondary.

Regardless we r on a really good streak atm of round 2 picks so hopefully we snag a good one

I personally, think our WR group is loaded next year with Ridley, Kirk, Zay, and Agnew. It would only help I'd our TE group was a strength with Mayer and Engram. We will be in a good spot regardless