Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Way Too Early - Way Too Bored - 2023 Mock Draft

My top 3 realistic bigboard right now is probably this

1. Kancey
2. Torrence
3. Mayer

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2023, 09:05 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Heres my sleeper pick in the 2nd or 3rd

https://youtu.be/YdERdvDxFyg

(01-27-2023, 07:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: My top 3 realistic bigboard right now is probably this

1. Kancey
2. Torrence
3. Mayer

Right now, my top 3 are:

1. Broderick Jones- Could play guard as a rookie and move to tackle in 2024-25. Need another tackle since Taylor will get paid more elsewhere. Only 20% chance he'll be available at 24.

2. Torrence: Clearly the best guard. 50-50 he'll be available.

3. Felix Anudike-Uzomah- Love his upside at Edge rusher. Enables Walker to move to DE. Best chance of these 3 being on the Board at 24.

I can't say I'd hate it if they took Mayer, but I don't see it happening after Engram gets re-signed. Kancey would be in my top 3 for round 2 if teams shy away from him due to his lack of size.

(01-27-2023, 09:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Heres my sleeper pick in the 2nd or 3rd

https://youtu.be/YdERdvDxFyg
Good choice. He can still grow into his frame as well.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-28-2023, 12:28 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-27-2023, 07:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: My top 3 realistic bigboard right now is probably this

1. Kancey
2. Torrence
3. Mayer

Right now, my top 3 are:

1. Broderick Jones- Could play guard as a rookie and move to tackle in 2024-25. Need another tackle since Taylor will get paid more elsewhere. Only 20% chance he'll be available at 24.

3. Felix Anudike-Uzomah- Love his upside at Edge rusher. Enables Walker to move to DE. Best chance of these 3 being on the Board at 24.

I can't say I'd hate it if they took Mayer, but I don't see it happening after Engram gets re-signed. Kancey would be in my top 3 for round 2 if teams shy away from him due to his lack of size.
I'm very high on Uzomah as well, he would likely be number 4 for me.  Regardless of what we do with with Engram that shouldn't have anything to do with drafting Mayer or not.  Not sure there is a offense that is more TE friendly than Dougs.  With the addition of Mayer it would cause matchup nightmares especially in short yardage and redzone situations.  Nothing wrong  with 2 really good TEs, like when the Eagles had Goedert and Ertz and the Pats had Gronk and Hernandez.  It causes problems for the defense especially when you get inside the 10 to score and we weren't at our best this past year there.

(01-28-2023, 02:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-28-2023, 12:28 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Right now, my top 3 are:

I'm very high on Uzomah as well, he would likely be number 4 for me.  Regardless of what we do with with Engram that shouldn't have anything to do with drafting Mayer or not.  Not sure there is a offense that is more TE friendly than Dougs.  With the addition of Mayer it would cause matchup nightmares especially in short yardage and redzone situations.  Nothing wrong  with 2 really good TEs, like when the Eagles had Goedert and Ertz and the Pats had Gronk and Hernandez.  It causes problems for the defense especially when you get inside the 10 to score and we weren't at our best this past year there.
Agree that an additional tight end with receiving skills should be considered in the early rounds. I'd love to see the Jaguars get Musgrave or Washington in round 2 or LaPorta in the 3rd. I have nothing against Mayer, but would prefer they take either an offensive lineman or Edge in the first.

(01-28-2023, 03:19 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-28-2023, 02:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm very high on Uzomah as well, he would likely be number 4 for me.  Regardless of what we do with with Engram that shouldn't have anything to do with drafting Mayer or not.  Not sure there is a offense that is more TE friendly than Dougs.  With the addition of Mayer it would cause matchup nightmares especially in short yardage and redzone situations.  Nothing wrong  with 2 really good TEs, like when the Eagles had Goedert and Ertz and the Pats had Gronk and Hernandez.  It causes problems for the defense especially when you get inside the 10 to score and we weren't at our best this past year there.
Agree that an additional tight end with receiving skills should be considered in the early rounds. I'd love to see the Jaguars get Musgrave or Washington in round 2 or LaPorta in the 3rd. I have nothing against Mayer, but would prefer they take either an offensive lineman or Edge in the first.

x2 , in the 3rd I would like to see us target someone nice for that Nickle roll

Baalke been on a roll for mid round pics so let's hope that continues

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2023, 08:58 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

Ran another simulator. Made a trade with the Giants. Swapped a few picks around but ultimately gained two more picks by letting them come up three spots in RD4. 

24th - Torrence at G - Florida
56th - Washginton at TE - Georgia
88th - Smith at DT - Michigan
124th - Trey Dean III at S/NCB - Florida
127th - Oluwatimi - C - Michigan
161st - Riley Moss - CB/NCB - Iowa
179th - Will Mallory - TE - Miami
208th - Keaton Mitchell - RB - East Carolina
209th - Karl Brooks - DT/DE - Bowling Green
281st - Nick Herbig - EDGE - Wisconsin

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I leant wait to see the combine. I’m fiendishly needing some football.

(02-26-2023, 09:27 AM)Jag88 Wrote: I leant wait to see the combine. I’m fiendishly needing some football.

Yep. Should start next week I think. On Tuesday. I think the actual position group work doesn't start until Thursday though.

Ran a PFF mock just now. 

Landed the following players, no trades:

Calijah Kancey - DI - B+
Dawand Jones - RT - A
Sam LaPorta - TE - A-
Karl Brooks - ED - A
Andrei Iosivas - WR - D
Keaton Mitchell - RB - A
Trey Dean III - S - A-
Will Mallory - TE - B+
Alex Forsyth - C - C

I actually like this class. Kancey admittedly I didn't know much about him but I can see why everybody is getting higher and higher on him. Jones at RT to replace Taylor. LaPorta and Mallory in the TE room to go with hopefully Engram and Farrell. Brooks is a great edge rusher. Would fit in great here. Trey Dean III can play safety but also play the nickel/slot role I believe. Iosivas looks like Alec Pierce to me. Same mold. Would be fun to develop. I don't mind the D grade for that selection. Alex Forsyth is good depth to have behind Fortner.

Ran another PFF mock. This time with trades. I like this class to an extent. I felt like I backfilled the [BLEEP] out of our secondary and pass rushing challenges though. Skinner and Dean can play Safety and/or Nickel/Slot CB. McDonald, Brooks and Hampton are uniquely built but good at getting after the QB. Palmer& Mitchell offer nightmare match up opportunities on our offense and LaPorta and Kuntz are pretty solid additions to the TE room. LaPorta is a tackle breaking machine and Kuntz can win 50/50 balls, easy. He's the tallest TE in this class at 6'8 with plenty of room to grow into.

Swapped picks 24 and 121 with the Saints for 29 and 71
Swapped pick 29 with the Seahawks for 37, 83 and a future 4th RD selection

Selected the following players:

Will McDonald - ED - B+
Luke Wypler - C - B
Karl Brooks - ED - D
Sam LaPorta - TE - B+
JL Skinner - S - A
Trey Palmer - WR - C+
Keaton Mitchell - RB - A
Trey Dean III - S - A-
Nick Hampton - ED - C
Zack Kuntz - TE - B-

I like the first one much better

Been looking at the O-Line a lot recently. I wouldn’t mind seeing a serious shakeup over the next two years. Robinson and Scherff stick around for 2023 but I think I would move on after that.

Was hoping the team could add a nickel and TE in free agency but the money may not be there.

Currently really like the idea of trading back and adding a guy like Dawand Jones to replace Taylor and then snatching up Avila to start at LG. Protecting Trevor, especially with his massive contract coming up soon, has to be a priority.

(02-27-2023, 04:54 AM)wg171 Wrote: Been looking at the O-Line a lot recently. I wouldn’t mind seeing a serious shakeup over the next two years. Robinson and Scherff stick around for 2023 but I think I would move on after that.

Was hoping the team could add a nickel and TE in free agency but the money may not be there.

Currently really like the idea of trading back and adding a guy like Dawand Jones to replace Taylor and then snatching up Avila to start at LG. Protecting Trevor, especially with his massive contract coming up soon, has to be a priority.

Avila and Jones would be really good picks for our O line.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]