Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags trade for Calvin Ridley

5th and a 2024 conditional to can go as high as a 2nd is what I’ve heard so far.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I love this trade. A legit number 1 and one of the better WRs in the game

[BLEEP] yes. There's our #1 for next season. I completely forgot about him because he's suspended but he's damn good

Can you imagine allowing NFL Teams to trade a maximum of 3 players after each group of 4 games played? That would make for an intriguing season from start to end.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-01-2022, 03:12 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [BLEEP] yes. There's our #1 for next season. I completely forgot about him because he's suspended but he's damn good

And only give up a 5th in 2023 if everything goes right.  If he is our number 1 we give up a 2nd in 2024.  A true number 1 WR for a 5th and a 2nd 2 years down the road.  I love this trade.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2022, 03:16 PM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

Ridley is not a legit #1. He is (was) a good #2 who struggled to rise to a #1 when Julio was out. We do have Z and Y locked in now, though. Still need a big bodied X that can beat the press, win in the red zone, and come down with the ball if he's not wide open.

(11-01-2022, 03:14 PM)Upper Wrote: Ridley is not a legit #1. He is (was) a good #2 who struggled to rise to a #1 when Julio was out. We do have Z and Y locked in now, though. Still need a big bodied X that can beat the press, win in the red zone, and come down with the ball if he's not wide open.
Get Quentin Johnston.

Kirk Ridley and Johnston would be nice.

Also. Welcome back

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2022, 03:18 PM by imtheblkranger.)

(11-01-2022, 03:14 PM)Upper Wrote: Ridley is not a legit #1. He is (was) a good #2 who struggled to rise to a #1 when Julio was out. We do have Z and Y locked in now, though. Still need a big bodied X that can beat the press, win in the red zone, and come down with the ball if he's not wide open.

Ridley had 90 receptions, 1374 yards and 9 tds during Julio's last, injury plagued, year in ATL

The “I’ma step away for a year for my mental health” then bets on a game (a huge no no in pro sports no matter how you spin it) while away on leave is concerning to me. Then, rather than own the situation, he complained publicly on Twitter about the punishment.

It just doesn’t scream well adjusted, mature grown man to me. It screams the opposite.

The deal is fine because if he has matured and can get back to being elite, he’ll be worth the potential comp. My guess is this is a one year rental and if they don’t see what they need to see outta him on and off the field next year he’s probably not on the team in 2024 so the rest of the comp will not be in play.

What? Guy had 1300 yards and 90 catches in 2020 and Julio was fading fast that year.

Hes absolutely a number 1 WR.  He was at his best when Julio got hurt a couple years ago.

All of the conditions around the trade for Calvin Ridley seem extremely low risk and minimal to the team. Still leaves plenty of room in the draft next year to add even more receivers. Ridley by far though is probably the most athletically gifted receiver they've had since Justin Blackmon. Granted, he's stayed in shape, prepared himself, etc.

Makes up a bit for missing on Amari Cooper this year. We'll have to wait until next year of course but at least shows the team is committed to getting better any which way they can and it's something to look forward to next year. All in all. I like this move.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-01-2022, 03:19 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: The “I’ma step away for a year for my mental health” then bets on a game (a huge no no in pro sports no matter how you spin it) while away on leave is concerning to me.  Then, rather than own the situation, he complained publicly on Twitter about the punishment.

It just doesn’t scream well adjusted, mature grown man to me.  It screams the opposite. 

The deal is fine because if he has matured and can get back to being elite, he’ll be worth the potential comp.  My guess is this is a one year rental and if they don’t see what they need to see outta him on and off the field next year he’s probably not on the team in 2024 so the rest of the comp will not be in play.

It's a gamble

Boy this is a good gamble.

...I'll see myself out.

We still need to be thinking WR early in the draft next year. Don’t let this trade fool you.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2022, 03:28 PM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-01-2022, 03:19 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:

What? Guy had 1300 yards and 90 catches in 2020 and Julio was fading fast that year.

Based on the gigantic 11.3 targets per game that would have led the league by like 15. That's not stellar game play, it's good but also driven a lot by volume. It's a good pickup, but the WR corps isn't complete because of it. We still have a need in the most important aspects of our WR corps weaknesses...primarily red zone but also just someone to try to let win a ball it when no one is open.

(11-01-2022, 03:17 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Get Quentin Johnston.

Kirk Ridley and Johnston would be nice.

Also. Welcome back

Not sure if back, but there was finally something to talk about that wasn't the same ole run into the ground things.

Amazing move, it's a case of blue balls that he wont play this year but look at it this way. Like ETN last year, we now have a bonified stud in waiting for next season, Ridley is an amazing WR if his heads on straight.

(11-01-2022, 03:23 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: We still need to be thinking WR early in the draft next year.  Don’t let this trade fool you.

100%. I am with you on this. I would DOUBLE DOWN on the position. I want Quentin Johnston in RD1 and they need to figure out a way to get AT Perry from Wake Forest or Dontay Demus Jr. from Maryland. 

That's all you're going to hear from me in this forum and the college forum this year and next year. Johnston, Perry and Demus Jr. at WR and Mayer, Washington, Kuntz and LaPorta at TE.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I think its another dumb move by a team that loves to lose,and enjoys being loserville. you trade for a wr who is susspanded,and not the Alpha one jags need. the trade tells me team is doing all they can to make sure they lose more this season,and the next serveal ones.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them.