Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags trade for Calvin Ridley

What if he is great next year and we franchise him. That wouldnt be giving him a long term deal and we wouldnt have to give up the 2nd. mwahahahaha

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-01-2022, 03:23 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: We still need to be thinking WR early in the draft next year.  Don’t let this trade fool you.

(11-01-2022, 03:23 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: We still need to be thinking WR early in the draft next year.  Don’t let this trade fool you.

I agree, but I do think if Ridley comes back and is still the same player he will be the clear cut #1 wr. I think what we need now in the draft is a big tall possesion guy.

I like it. It's a statement of intent. He's a really good player if his heads on straight and it's minimal compensation if he doesn't. I agree we still need to address receiver in the draft though.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2022, 03:40 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-01-2022, 03:35 PM)AppealingBS Wrote: Amazing move, it's a case of blue balls that he wont play this year but look at it this way. Like ETN last year, we now have a bonified stud in waiting for next season, Ridley is an amazing WR if his heads on straight.

By the time the 2023 season starts, he will have been out of the league for 2 years.  I’m ok with the structure of the deal, but I’d temper expectations.

(11-01-2022, 03:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/CalvinRidley1/status...mCY6QpX1dg

Sounds like he's excited. He should be a good mix in with Kirk and Zay next year + whomever we ultimately end up drafting. This is a good start towards addressing the elephant in the room this off season. They gave the defense a giant facelift financially this off season. Next off season is ALL about the offense and ensuring Lawrence has the tools he needs to be the guy or not.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

MJJ replacement next year. This puts us in a place where we dont have to reach for a WR. Stick to the board

(11-01-2022, 03:36 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I think its another dumb move by a team that loves to lose,and enjoys being loserville. you trade for a wr who is susspanded,and not the Alpha one jags need. the trade tells me team is doing all they can to make sure they lose more this season,and the next serveal ones.

Do you ever stop complaining?

You just complained "our owner wasn't smart enought to trade for a WR" hours later we trade for a #1 wr and you find something else to [BLEEP] about

I really wish he could play this season. Hasn't he been punished enough?

I guess we don't care about this year
Here we go again

(11-01-2022, 03:48 PM)Jag88 Wrote: I really wish he could play this season. Hasn't he been punished enough?
If he gets caught with a masseuse then he can play again this year

I've always said that Ridley shouldn't have been suspended for as long as he was. I stand by that. Reinstate him now!
I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2022, 04:00 PM by Jag88.)

(11-01-2022, 03:56 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 03:48 PM)Jag88 Wrote: I really wish he could play this season. Hasn't he been punished enough?
If he gets caught with a masseuse then he can play again this year

What a shame. I agree 100%. I dont know how Watson is even getting to play this season. Dumb

(11-01-2022, 03:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/statu...Vrff0GZMyQ

Ha

This is the aggressive action I was talking about.

They still need to be aggressive with their receiver room but this is a great start.

Love it.

Let's put this to rest, Ridley was not suspended for betting a few bucks on a handful of NFL games. He was suspended for putting the entire integrity of the league in question. You absolutely cannot have fans questioning whether X thing that happened (for example, a dropped pass in an important situation) was legit or whether the player dropped it because he had bet against his team in order to enrich himself.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2022, 04:10 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Im stoked about this trade. We wasnt doing [BLEEP] this year anyway and we have our number 1 next year and only have to give up a 5th. [BLEEP] yeah. Best case scenario is this year off has helped his body and he is training hard this year and he will come back to his 2020 form. I said I was willling to give up my 2022 2nd and 4th in the thread about this ealier in the year.

(11-01-2022, 04:05 PM)Upper Wrote: Let's put this to rest, Ridley was not suspended for betting a few bucks on a handful of NFL games. He was suspended for putting the entire integrity of the league in question. You absolutely cannot have fans questioning whether X thing that happened (for example, a dropped pass in an important situation) was legit or whether the player dropped it because he had bet against his team in order to enrich himself.

I could be wrong but wasn't he betting on games he had no part in?

(11-01-2022, 04:05 PM)Upper Wrote: Let's put this to rest, Ridley was not suspended for betting a few bucks on a handful of NFL games. He was suspended for putting the entire integrity of the league in question. You absolutely cannot have fans questioning whether X thing that happened (for example, a dropped pass in an important situation) was legit or whether the player dropped it because he had bet against his team in order to enrich himself.

He bet on his own team to win not against

(11-01-2022, 03:54 PM)Preach Wrote: I guess we don't care about this year

They're 2 - 6 and struggling to find consistency on offense within the red zone and with the defense in the 4th quarter of closely contested losses. I wouldn't say that they don't care about this year. I just see this being apart of making good business since. Atlanta was looking to sell. We were looking to buy. 

Look at the compensation outlined for that trade. It's heavily incentive based and in the grand scheme of things? It's a win-win whether he succeeds or fails. The more he succeeds? The better our overall record more than likely, which should translate well for Lawrence's future and development as a QB. 

We didn't have to fork over real valuable draft picks to get him. Which still leaves plenty of room to address the issues that are plaguing this team now as a 2 - 6 football team. We need better push from the front of the defense, we need better play from the secondary. We need viable threats on the outside receiving wise. 

(11-01-2022, 04:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: This is the aggressive action I was talking about.

They still need to be aggressive with their receiver room but this is a great start.

Agreed on both fronts. It's a good start in the right direction. It shows a firm commitment. They still need to double down on the position in the draft. There's a lot of tall, 50/50 receivers in this draft and they should be in ample enough of position to land one or two of them based on this year is shaping out to be.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."