Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags trade for Calvin Ridley

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2022, 04:15 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

Good News.  As long as he doesn't play, then Trevor can't throw an interception in the end zone attempting to get him the ball.

Obtaining ineligible WRs may be our best path forward in the red zone.

He bet on ATL to beat US. HAHAHA

Free Ridley!!
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

We just took the Falcons to the wood shed.

WHO'S YOUR DADDY !!!

Wonder what # he's going to wear. I think we retired the Chris Conley #18 Jersey.

We unretired it for him, everyone knows who the real #18 is.
[Image: eC5qcGc]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

I wonder if Baalke and Doug talked to him before we traded for him to make sure he was all in?

(11-01-2022, 03:36 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I think its another dumb move by a team that loves to lose,and enjoys being loserville. you trade for a wr who is susspanded,and not the Alpha one jags need. the trade tells me team is doing all they can to make sure they lose more this season,and the next serveal ones.

And with my first blocked poster I now feel like an official fan.

Like the move.   People stating they still want a WR with the #1 pick in the upcoming draft, couple questions.

1. If there were a clear cut #1 TE on the board would you think about picking that player?
2. Is there still a bigger need for an alpha WR over a dominant shut down corner?
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

We stole this guy. I love the trade.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(11-01-2022, 04:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 04:05 PM)Upper Wrote: Let's put this to rest, Ridley was not suspended for betting a few bucks on a handful of NFL games. He was suspended for putting the entire integrity of the league in question. You absolutely cannot have fans questioning whether X thing that happened (for example, a dropped pass in an important situation) was legit or whether the player dropped it because he had bet against his team in order to enrich himself.

He bet on his own team to win not against

That you know of.  He’s a dumb [BLEEP] for betting on games in his position.  You lose any benefit of the doubt at that point.

(11-01-2022, 03:14 PM)Upper Wrote: Ridley is not a legit #1. He is (was) a good #2 who struggled to rise to a #1 when Julio was out. We do have Z and Y locked in now, though. Still need a big bodied X that can beat the press, win in the red zone, and come down with the ball if he's not wide open.

We win the in the red area in terms of guys open. The guy throwing it just misses them, a lot.

(11-01-2022, 04:31 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 03:36 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I think its another dumb move by a team that loves to lose,and enjoys being loserville. you trade for a wr who is susspanded,and not the Alpha one jags need. the trade tells me team is doing all they can to make sure they lose more this season,and the next serveal ones.

Like the move.   People stating they still want a WR with the #1 pick in the upcoming draft, couple questions.

1. If there were a clear cut #1 TE on the board would you think about picking that player?
2. Is there still a bigger need for an alpha WR over a dominant shut down corner?

1. Absolutely would consider a receiving threat TE.
2. Both are needs so you can’t lose by taking the BAP.  For me, you have to be thinking WR early but you never reach or force it if it isn’t there.

(11-01-2022, 03:05 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I do think it’s ridiculous he gets a whole year but a sexual predator piece of scum like Watson gets 11 games

Agreed.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(11-01-2022, 04:31 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote:

That's just Snowwolf's nature. He's honestly a major fan and has a heart of gold. Should give him a second chance. 

For your questions though. Depending on which pick they ultimately end up possessing in the first round of next year's draft. Yes. I would say there's a clear cut TE. Michael Mayer out of Notre Dame should check all of those boxes off as long as he stays healthy and finishes out the year for the golden domers. 

He'll test well at the combine. I think his low end potential translates into Tyler Eifert/Hunter Henry but his high end potential is more than likely somewhere in between George Kittle/Heath Miller. Just a really solid, sound receiver that should be able to grind out and carve out a great career in the NFL. 

I still think there's also a bigger need for an alpha WR over a dominant shut down corner. I think Campbell is close to that role and I think they gave Darious Williams enough money this off season to make him play opposite of him with Griffin more than likely out. I say we go ALL IN on offense, start putting points on the board early and let this front seven pin it's ears back. 

Go get Johnston, Perry and/or Demus in next year's draft. We need one of them, if not, two of them.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

NFL Live crew is loving the trade. So is Schefty.

(11-01-2022, 04:39 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 04:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He bet on his own team to win not against

That you know of.  He’s a dumb [BLEEP] for betting on games in his position.  You lose any benefit of the doubt at that point.

It's what was reported.  There would be a huge difference from betting on your own team than against your team

(11-01-2022, 04:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 04:39 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: That you know of.  He’s a dumb [BLEEP] for betting on games in his position.  You lose any benefit of the doubt at that point.

It's what was reported.  There would be a huge difference from betting on your own team than against your team

So it's a Pete Rose situation.

Personally, I'd have Pete in the HOF, so I don't have a problem with this guy betting on his own team.   It was a dumb move by him, but it's a forgivable learning experience IMO.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

(11-01-2022, 04:46 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 04:31 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: And with my first blocked poster I now feel like an official fan.

That's just Snowwolf's nature. He's honestly a major fan and has a heart of gold. Should give him a second chance. 

For your questions though. Depending on which pick they ultimately end up possessing in the first round of next year's draft. Yes. I would say there's a clear cut TE. Michael Mayer out of Notre Dame should check all of those boxes off as long as he stays healthy and finishes out the year for the golden domers. 

He'll test well at the combine. I think his low end potential translates into Tyler Eifert/Hunter Henry but his high end potential is more than likely somewhere in between George Kittle/Heath Miller. Just a really solid, sound receiver that should be able to grind out and carve out a great career in the NFL. 

I still think there's also a bigger need for an alpha WR over a dominant shut down corner. I think Campbell is close to that role and I think they gave Darious Williams enough money this off season to make him play opposite of him with Griffin more than likely out. I say we go ALL IN on offense, start putting points on the board early and let this front seven pin it's ears back. 

Go get Johnston, Perry and/or Demus in next year's draft. We need one of them, if not, two of them.

thank you Caldrac,and you are correct about what you said about me.    its not just im tired of watching jags lose. those on here also know how its been a really tough year for my dad, and i. we lost my mom in Augest of last year in 2021.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(11-01-2022, 03:37 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 03:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/CalvinRidley1/status...mCY6QpX1dg

Sounds like he's excited. He should be a good mix in with Kirk and Zay next year + whomever we ultimately end up drafting. This is a good start towards addressing the elephant in the room this off season. They gave the defense a giant facelift financially this off season. Next off season is ALL about the offense and ensuring Lawrence has the tools he needs to be the guy or not.

I hear you.  BUT, we need a couple of high picks for the secondary, too.

(11-01-2022, 03:23 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: We still need to be thinking WR early in the draft next year.  Don’t let this trade fool you.

We should've just waited until the draft being that we paid big time for two WRs in FA. I won't be onboard w/Ridley until he's back on the field producing at a high level.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"