Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Carter

Was my top guy before the season and still my top guy.  Dude is a difference maker at the interior and the one guy that could complete this dline.  He is one guy that could change this whole defense.

https://youtu.be/tIqxQ7Anm0A

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If he's there. I agree. You take him. Just comes down to whether or not you lose enough to draft him.

He's No. 1 or No. 2 on most big boards at the moment. You would think it comes down to team need. Right now it's us, the Tinhorns, Raiders and Steelers shaping out the top four picks but do any of these teams go QB?

I doubt it. Due to coaching hires from last year or QBs recently picked or inexpensive to the salary cap. I could see the first two, three picks going defense.

One of these teams, hopefully us, ultimately starts to turn it around and win enough games to get outside of the top four.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-03-2022, 01:42 PM)Caldrac Wrote: If he's there. I agree. You take him. Just comes down to whether or not you lose enough to draft him.

He's No. 1 or No. 2 on most big boards at the moment. You would think it comes down to team need. Right now it's us, the Tinhorns, Raiders and Steelers shaping out the top four picks but do any of these teams go QB?

I doubt it. Due to coaching hires from last year or QBs recently picked or inexpensive to the salary cap. I could see the first two, three picks going defense.

One of these teams, hopefully us, ultimately starts to turn it around and win enough games to get outside of the top four.

Hes my favorite prospect but most I see has Young, Strowd, and Anderson over him.  Where did you come up with that?  lol  To me it looks like the Lions and the Texans will be picking one and 2 and both will likely go QB.  If we lose to the Raiders I think we win 1 more game at the most and will likely be picking top for, for sure top 5.

I think jags are gonna get rolling and pick in the 10-12 range. With that pick I'd take my top WR on the board.

(11-03-2022, 09:27 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: I think jags are gonna get rolling and pick in the 10-12 range. With that pick I'd take my top WR on the board.

Lol, you've been saying this for the last month

(11-03-2022, 07:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-03-2022, 01:42 PM)Caldrac Wrote: If he's there. I agree. You take him. Just comes down to whether or not you lose enough to draft him.

Hes my favorite prospect but most I see has Young, Strowd, and Anderson over him.  Where did you come up with that?  lol  To me it looks like the Lions and the Texans will be picking one and 2 and both will likely go QB.  If we lose to the Raiders I think we win 1 more game at the most and will likely be picking top for, for sure top 5.
I go by Drafttek, ESPN, Walterfootball, NFLDraftCountDown & NFLDraftBuzz for scouting and mock stuff.

Personally I dig Drafttek. Will admit, they're very fair with Jacksonville and tend to put more thought into why something fits, etc.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-03-2022, 09:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-03-2022, 09:27 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: I think jags are gonna get rolling and pick in the 10-12 range. With that pick I'd take my top WR on the board.

Lol, you've been saying this for the last month

This Sunday is the day it starts!

(11-03-2022, 10:38 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-03-2022, 07:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hes my favorite prospect but most I see has Young, Strowd, and Anderson over him.  Where did you come up with that?  lol  To me it looks like the Lions and the Texans will be picking one and 2 and both will likely go QB.  If we lose to the Raiders I think we win 1 more game at the most and will likely be picking top for, for sure top 5.
I go by Drafttek, ESPN, Walterfootball, NFLDraftCountDown & NFLDraftBuzz for scouting and mock stuff.

Personally I dig Drafttek. Will admit, they're very fair with Jacksonville and tend to put more thought into why something fits, etc.

Drafttek has Carter at 5 with Strowd, Young, Anderson,  Murphey ahead of him.  Either way though it really doesn't matter what they or any other site has.  Our team board is what matters and I'm hoping they have Carter at the top.  I'm higher on Ringo than most as well.  He looks like the next elite corner imo.

(11-04-2022, 08:37 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-03-2022, 10:38 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I go by Drafttek, ESPN, Walterfootball, NFLDraftCountDown & NFLDraftBuzz for scouting and mock stuff.

Drafttek has Carter at 5 with Strowd, Young, Anderson,  Murphey ahead of him.  Either way though it really doesn't matter what they or any other site has.  Our team board is what matters and I'm hoping they have Carter at the top.  I'm higher on Ringo than most as well.  He looks like the next elite corner imo.
This will bug me all off season.

It's Stroud.

(11-04-2022, 08:44 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-04-2022, 08:37 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Drafttek has Carter at 5 with Strowd, Young, Anderson,  Murphey ahead of him.  Either way though it really doesn't matter what they or any other site has.  Our team board is what matters and I'm hoping they have Carter at the top.  I'm higher on Ringo than most as well.  He looks like the next elite corner imo.
This will bug me all off season.

It's Stroud.
Same difference.  We aren't drafting him so don't worry.

(11-04-2022, 12:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-04-2022, 08:44 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: This will bug me all off season.

It's Stroud.
Same difference.  We aren't drafting him so don't worry.
I'm not worried about drafting him but come on.... At least spell his name right hahaha

Thas a big boy

https://youtu.be/zYIIW0DQxwo

I'd take CB.  You look at how we've lost at least 3 games in the last minutes when one of our CBs gets burned for a deep pass, and that tells me, it should be CB.

(11-05-2022, 10:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I'd take CB.  You look at how we've lost at least 3 games in the last minutes when one of our CBs gets burned for a deep pass, and that tells me, it should be CB.

If we had a interior defender that was able to get pressure up the middle the QB probably wouldnt of been able to get the pass off or he pressures him into Allen or Walker.  With that said I think you have to take the highest player on your board regardless of the position because one could argue any of the 3 are the biggest need.  Take the player you feel will be the best.

If the draft were today, the Jaguars would have a great shot at getting Carter. My ideal top 3 picks:

1. Jalen Carter

2. Eli Ricks

3. A.J. Perry

These picks enable the Jags to meet their 3 biggest needs with players who can step in immediately.

(11-05-2022, 02:49 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: If the draft were today, the Jaguars would have a great shot at getting Carter. My ideal top 3 picks:

1. Jalen Carter

2. Eli Ricks

3. A.J. Perry

These picks enable the Jags to meet their 3 biggest needs with players who can step in immediately.

A.T.?   I'd love that draft but do you really think Ricks makes it to the 2nd?

(11-05-2022, 11:43 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 10:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'd take CB.  You look at how we've lost at least 3 games in the last minutes when one of our CBs gets burned for a deep pass, and that tells me, it should be CB.

If we had a interior defender that was able to get pressure up the middle the QB probably wouldnt of been able to get the pass off or he pressures him into Allen or Walker.  With that said I think you have to take the highest player on your board regardless of the position because one could argue any of the 3 are the biggest need.  Take the player you feel will be the best.

I was assuming all things equal.  Our weakest position is CB in my opinion.

(11-05-2022, 03:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 02:49 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: If the draft were today, the Jaguars would have a great shot at getting Carter. My ideal top 3 picks:

1. Jalen Carter

2. Eli Ricks

3. A.J. Perry

A.T.?   I'd love that draft but do you really think Ricks makes it to the 2nd?
Yea, A.T. I don't know about Ricks making it to the second. Depends on how he plays for the remainder of this season. Fortunately, the cornerback position is deep and there should be another good player if Ricks is gone.

My ideal top 3 would be:

Jalen Carter or Will Anderson
Darnell Washington
Garrett Williams (the Baalke ACL special)