Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Carter

Great win today for the team and it's fans. Only downside is Carter will no longer be an option as the Jaguars are likely to be drafting no better than 6th. I'll take the win any day, but the team will now have a much tougher decision than if Carter was still going to be on the board.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-06-2022, 05:53 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Great win today for the team and it's fans. Only downside is Carter will no longer be an option as the Jaguars are likely to be drafting no better than 6th. I'll take the win any day, but the team will now have a much tougher decision than if Carter was still going to be on the board.

We have won 3 games lol. We are still in shot for Carter. Our schedule gets much tougher

Marginally different positions i believe but just out of interest for those who've taken an interest in the college game ... This lad or Walker had they been in the same draft?

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2023, 11:46 PM by Caldrac.)

(01-11-2023, 05:45 PM)cat bells Wrote: Marginally different positions i believe but just out of interest for those who've taken an interest in the college game ... This lad or Walker had they been in the same draft?
I feel they're equals. Georgia wouldn't let him nor Walker really sit still and settle in at one position. They would both see action at 1tech - 5tech.

Due to their pure strength and agility they just naturally got by at the NCAA level without having to really refine too much technique wise.

Carter reminds me of Geno Atkins. Walker reminds me of a leaner Marcus Stroud. If you just let them play the 1Tech and 2Tech they can be constantly disruptive.

Personally I like Walker just because of his overall build and strength. I think he's more versatile than Carter in the long run.

They're both raw though.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Thanks for the reply. Interesting, I find it fascinating to see how the narrative around the top of the first round plays out each year ... Last year some of the talking heads seemed to get a bit put out when it started to become clear Walker would be our the pick over the pundits pick in Hutch ... I'll be keen to see if a similar thing happens with Carter and Will Anderson this year if Chicago stay at 1

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Will this incident affect his draft status? If so, how far does he drop?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jalen-carte...er-lecroy/
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption