Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
clots fire Reich

(11-07-2022, 10:15 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Question:  Think back to the 2018 draft when the Colts traded back from #3 overall with the Jetsto #6 at the top of the draft.  They wound up with Quentin Nelson and their RT fro, Auburn.

The Colts had the makings of a dominant OL for 3 and a half seasons.  By the end of 2021, their OLwas clearly a weakness, and the Colts had NO speed whatsoever at WR.

Did they handle that draft properly?  Did they maximize that trade back?

They fumbled the bag on every level. If you're going to fire the coach they need to fire the General Manager as well. Irsay obviously won't fire himself since he owns the team but he's clearly the issue up there.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

colt world implosion is my new favorite thing

Irsay is mentally unstable. That’s not a throw out line, it’s a fact. It’s his money and his team so he’s welcome to do anything he wants, but it’s such a shame to see so many players and coaches thrown into professional chaos over his drug addled decisions.

With that said, pardon me while I get some popcorn.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2022, 09:39 AM by Mikey.)

(11-07-2022, 10:15 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Question:  Think back to the 2018 draft when the Colts traded back from #3 overall with the Jetsto #6 at the top of the draft.  They wound up with Quentin Nelson and their RT fro, Auburn.

The Colts had the makings of a dominant OL for 3 and a half seasons.  By the end of 2021, their OLwas clearly a weakness, and the Colts had NO speed whatsoever at WR.

I think they did. Nelson was a great pick, and the struggles have been more that they've rolled with some statues at QB lately. Rivers, Wentz, Ryan, none of them are scramblers or agile enough to wiggle around a pocket to buy time.

I think the biggest blow for them was the retirement of Costonzo after the 2020 season. Just shows how valuable a good LT can be, because as good as Nelson is, bad tackle play will undo all of that.

(11-07-2022, 11:42 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Just spent an hour in here absorbing.  Some interesting takes.  Colts fans are somewhere between disbelief and optimism.

https://forums.colts.com/topic/74377-col...ead-coach/

Jimmy's on a bender, that's all I can imagine. Morale has to be tanking among the existing staff, says a lot when the owner/GM opt not to promote a single one of them up to interim HC, especially considering they have 1.5 former head coaches (you can't fully count Gus LOL) on the staff.

Saturday has zero coaching experience. You thought Hackett looked lost earlier this year? Hoo boy this one might be must see TV.

(11-08-2022, 09:36 AM)Mikey Wrote: Jimmy's on a bender, that's all I can imagine. Morale has to be tanking among the existing staff, says a lot when the owner/GM opt not to promote a single one of them up to interim HC, especially considering they have 1.5 former head coaches (you can't fully count Gus LOL) on the staff.

Saturday has zero coaching experience. You thought Hackett looked lost earlier this year? Hoo boy this one might be must see TV.

Like NYC, I love seeing this team implode.  Not as much as if it were the tacks, but I'll take it.

Thing is, Jeff Saturday was regarded as being one of the smartest players ever to play the game, at a position requiring smarts.  I think he's as good a choice as any for the rest of the year.

This should be interesting. I like the guy and hope he sucks as a coach for the clots.

(11-08-2022, 09:16 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

They fumbled the bag on every level. If you're going to fire the coach they need to fire the General Manager as well. Irsay obviously won't fire himself since he owns the team but he's clearly the issue up there.

It speaks volumes that Saturday hadn't even spoken to anyo0ne on the coaching stqff/roster as of yesterday.  He didn't know who his offensive playcaller would be until this afternoon.

He chose some 30 year old kid (shuddering at the fact I am old enough to legit call a 30 year old man a "kid").

Think is, Irsay had John Fox on their coaching staff at the time.  Fo.x has taken two teams to a Super Bowl, yet Irsay chose Saturday, whose only coaching experience is on the HS level.  If the Texans would be dumb to consider such a move last offseason, Irsay can't be too bright in doing this.  Between this and the demotion of Ryan, it's clear the Colts are tan.....err.....not employing the best strategy to win.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(11-08-2022, 09:36 AM)Mikey Wrote:

I think they did. Nelson was a great pick, and the struggles have been more that they've rolled with some statues at QB lately. Rivers, Wentz, Ryan, none of them are scramblers or agile enough to wiggle around a pocket to buy time.

I think the biggest blow for them was the retirement of Costonzo after the 2020 season. Just shows how valuable a good LT can be, because as good as Nelson is, bad tackle play will undo all of that.

They had a golden opportunity to get a long term answer at LT with Christian Darrisaw.  Two actually, because he was still available after they traded back and they passed him again.

Their struggles at LT have everything to do with that draft decision.

Bullseye  I sent  you a private messge here did you get it?

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2022, 09:35 AM by imtheblkranger.)

(11-07-2022, 11:42 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Just spent an hour in here absorbing.  Some interesting takes.  Colts fans are somewhere between disbelief and optimism.

Sounds like us in the early days of Gus

I wonder if Irsay tried to get Peyton before Saturday? I'd love to see Peyton as a coach, but preferably not for Indy since I think he'd be very good at it.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2022, 09:55 AM by Mikey.)

(11-08-2022, 08:03 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(11-08-2022, 09:16 AM)Caldrac Wrote: They fumbled the bag on every level. If you're going to fire the coach they need to fire the General Manager as well. Irsay obviously won't fire himself since he owns the team but he's clearly the issue up there.

It speaks volumes that Saturday hadn't even spoken to anyo0ne on the coaching stqff/roster as of yesterday.  He didn't know who his offensive playcaller would be until this afternoon.

He chose some 30 year old kid (shuddering at the fact I am old enough to legit call a 30 year old man a "kid").

Think is, Irsay had John Fox on their coaching staff at the time.  Fo.x has taken two teams to a Super Bowl, yet Irsay chose Saturday, whose only coaching experience is on the HS level.  If the Texans would be dumb to consider such a move last offseason, Irsay can't be too bright in doing this.  Between this and the demotion of Ryan, it's clear the Colts are tan.....err.....not employing the best strategy to win.

....methinks ol' Jimmy has the coach's ear and wanted none of the old guard leading things. Otherwise, why not just promote Fox to interim and let him call plays or make the playcaller decision instead?

This screams of puppetry. Even if Jimmy wanted some old players to take the helm and keep fan morale up, he had a few former players (Wayne, Cato June) on staff with an idea of the roster, past gameplan, rapport with coordinators, etc.

(11-09-2022, 09:33 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

Sounds like us in the early days of Gus

I wonder if Irsay tried to get Peyton before Saturday? I'd love to see Peyton as a coach, but preferably not for Indy since I think he'd be very good at it.

Peyton would be a fool to step away from the gigs he currently has going. No pressure, cushy paychecks, no travel or late nights as the norm.

(11-08-2022, 09:16 AM)Caldrac Wrote: They fumbled the bag on every level. If you're going to fire the coach they need to fire the General Manager as well. Irsay obviously won't fire himself since he owns the team but he's clearly the issue up there.

Hey, Bullseye!  Good to see you!  I hope and pray all is well with you.

The thing that bugs me about all this Colts nonsense is that after we skunked them early in the season, their second game with us ended up being their superb owl.  Would have been nice if they had their meltdown before our second game with them so we could complete the sweep.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2022, 11:05 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Sean Payton and Lamar Jackson going to Indy.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news...jxum8lqn3m

(11-09-2022, 11:05 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Sean Payton and Lamar Jackson going to Indy.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news...jxum8lqn3m

Don't want to see this twice a year.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-08-2022, 09:39 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Bullseye  I sent  you a private messge here did you get it?

Not yet.  Thanks for letting me know about it.  Will check now.

(11-09-2022, 05:04 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(11-08-2022, 09:39 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Bullseye  I sent  you a private messge here did you get it?

Not yet.  Thanks for letting me know about it.  Will check now.

Glad you're back around. Missed reading your content.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Google the kid.
He probably knows more about the offense of this team than Reich.

[Image: giphy.gif]

The fact that the colts are imploding but still ahead of us in the standings is depressing.

"Saturday moves from Friday to Sunday"

Wall Street Journal