Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Political meme thread

(12-01-2022, 07:57 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: [Image: 4147865954342604922?url=https%3A%2F%2Fst...sid=a349d5]

I see this person in a lot of memes but don't know who it is. Anyone?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-01-2022, 11:10 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(12-01-2022, 07:57 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: [Image: 4147865954342604922?url=https%3A%2F%2Fst...sid=a349d5]

I see this person in a lot of memes but don't know who it is.  Anyone?

The one on the left is 'triggered girl' from a college campus protest somewhere. However, that picture is a complete misrepresentation of how she acted. She just happens to be a little emphatic with her facial expressions and that is an unfortunate still shot. I've seen the video and she's actually very calm and pleasant. 

The one on the right is the sky screamer from when the left had a rally to literally scream after Trump won. Can you imagine holding a rally to intentionally act infantile then expect people to take your ideology seriously?

Anyway, that's what they are.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2022, 01:04 PM by mikesez.)

(12-01-2022, 11:19 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-01-2022, 11:10 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I see this person in a lot of memes but don't know who it is.  Anyone?

The one on the left is 'triggered girl' from a college campus protest somewhere. However, that picture is a complete misrepresentation of how she acted. She just happens to be a little emphatic with her facial expressions and that is an unfortunate still shot. I've seen the video and she's actually very calm and pleasant. 

The one on the right is the sky screamer from when the left had a rally to literally scream after Trump won. Can you imagine holding a rally to intentionally act infantile then expect people to take your ideology seriously?

I always thought he was just one guy who happened to be video'd watching the inauguration on some sort of outdoor bigscreen TV.  Didn't realize there were others "rallying" with him.

Anyhow, as ridiculous as it is to hold a "scream rally" when you lose an election, staging an insurrection is worse, don't you agree?  If every Biden voter has to be branded with skyscream guy, then every Trump voter has to be branded with Stewart Rhodes, right?

That said, it is a funny meme.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2022, 01:20 PM by Lucky2Last.)

Ugh. You just can't get past the talking points.

Let's talk about this insurrection. Gonna ask you two questions. Did the people at the protest defeat the government? Did the government defeat the people at the protest?

If the answer to both those questions is no, then it wasn't an insurrection.

I can't wait to see how you twist and turn to describe how the government defeated this insurrection.

(12-01-2022, 01:20 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Ugh. You just can't get past the talking points.

Let's talk about this insurrection. Gonna ask you two questions. Did the people at the protest defeat the government? Did the government defeat the people at the protest?

I can't wait to see how you twist and turn to describe how the government defeated this insurrection.

That's kind of a silly definition of insurrection, but fine, play it your way.
"Anyhow, as ridiculous as it is to hold a "scream rally" when you lose an election, conspiring to commit sedition is worse, don't you agree? "

(12-01-2022, 01:53 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-01-2022, 01:20 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Ugh. You just can't get past the talking points.

That's kind of a silly definition of insurrection, but fine, play it your way.
"Anyhow, as ridiculous as it is to hold a "scream rally" when you lose an election, conspiring to commit sedition is worse taking action to restore the true Constitutional government when the elections were clearly rigged is neccessary, don't you agree? "

FTFY.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-01-2022, 01:04 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-01-2022, 11:19 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The one on the left is 'triggered girl' from a college campus protest somewhere. However, that picture is a complete misrepresentation of how she acted. She just happens to be a little emphatic with her facial expressions and that is an unfortunate still shot. I've seen the video and she's actually very calm and pleasant. 

I always thought he was just one guy who happened to be video'd watching the inauguration on some sort of outdoor bigscreen TV.  Didn't realize there were others "rallying" with him.

Anyhow, as ridiculous as it is to hold a "scream rally" when you lose an election, staging an insurrection is worse, don't you agree?  If every Biden voter has to be branded with skyscream guy, then every Trump voter has to be branded with Stewart Rhodes, right?

Rolleyes

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.makeameme.org%2Fc...ipo=images]

(12-01-2022, 02:28 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-01-2022, 01:04 PM)mikesez Wrote: I always thought he was just one guy who happened to be video'd watching the inauguration on some sort of outdoor bigscreen TV.  Didn't realize there were others "rallying" with him.

Rolleyes

[Image: 613e817e6e786.jpeg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-01-2022, 02:15 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-01-2022, 01:53 PM)mikesez Wrote: That's kind of a silly definition of insurrection, but fine, play it your way.
"Anyhow, as ridiculous as it is to hold a "scream rally" when you lose an election, conspiring to commit sedition is worse taking action to restore the true Constitutional government when the elections were clearly rigged is neccessary, don't you agree? "

FTFY.

Of course.  If there was credible evidence that the elections were rigged enough to change the result, it would absolutely be necessary to ignore the rigged result, eliminate the source of the rigging, and schedule new elections as soon as possible.  Congress has that prerogative, always has.  Speaker Pelosi would have been President temporarily while the rerun of the election played out.  

If on the other hand Congress chose to ignore this obvious evidence and allow the rigged result to stand, the people would have to decide if the same evidence of rigging was there for the elections to Congress.  If it was, the people should protest that those members who benefitted from the fraud must be removed from Congress pending a rerun of those elections as well. The protestors would need to name each member of Congress who benefitted from voter fraud, and have the support and participation of the challenger who should have won that seat.  It's possible that protests of this type could escalate into violence, but that should not be the aim and should not be the first step. If there are no members of Congress who benefitted from the fraud, or not enough to change the result, the people would simply have to accept Congress's decision for now and wait until the next election to punish them for it.

The violence of January 6 2021 did not follow this thought process, because, even though the elections for Congress and for President literally occurred on the same pieces of paper counted by the same computers, none of the defeated candidates in those races thought to raise allegations of fraud.  There were about 400 defeated candidates in the 2020 system, yet with what you call clear evidence of rigging, only one candidate thought to challenge any of it?

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2022, 04:47 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 3 times in total.)

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi1.wp.com%2Fwww.powerli...ipo=images]

You're ruining my meme thread.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgflip.com%2F5i9ftt....ipo=images]

What will it be in 2024?

[Image: DROffice.jpg]
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Interesting that they say "every" and then immediately skip 2006. Shoddy work that.

(12-01-2022, 01:04 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-01-2022, 11:19 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The one on the left is 'triggered girl' from a college campus protest somewhere. However, that picture is a complete misrepresentation of how she acted. She just happens to be a little emphatic with her facial expressions and that is an unfortunate still shot. I've seen the video and she's actually very calm and pleasant. 

Will you knock it off with the faux outrage over the "attempted coup"?  There was no attempted coup.

A coup is when one faction replaces - or tries to replace - a government with a faction of their own choosing.  That is NOT what happened on Jan 6.  The only thing Jan 6 did was delay - NOT prevent, DELAY - the vote certification.  There was NO attempt to remove the government.  Delay, yes.  Remove, no.

Why don't you save your faux outrage for a coup that actually happened?  Biden is not running this country.  Biden thinks he's in Colombia when he's really in Cambodia. Biden's in a dead politician's district and calls her up to the stage.  With the benefit of a teleprompter Biden reads out a website "dee-oh-tee com" instead of "dot com."  Biden takes credit for a Social Security increase (that was instituted as a legally-mandated inflation adjustment) that had nothing to do with him.  I don't know who's presiding over this country but it ain't Presider-in-name-only Biden.

Which means whoever is running this country is doing so without being elected. Unelected and - worse - unaccountable.  That's as unconstitutional as it gets.

If you were half as objectively unbiased as you attempt to pretend to be, you'd pretend to be outraged over that.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2022, 06:59 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-01-2022, 05:26 PM)InvalidContentWasFoundStarting Wrote:
(12-01-2022, 01:04 PM)mikesez Wrote: I always thought he was just one guy who happened to be video'd watching the inauguration on some sort of outdoor bigscreen TV.  Didn't realize there were others "rallying" with him.

Will you knock it off with the faux outrage over the "attempted coup"?  There was no attempted coup.

A coup is when one faction replaces - or tries to replace - a government with a faction of their own choosing.  That is NOT what happened on Jan 6.  The only thing Jan 6 did was delay - NOT prevent, DELAY - the vote certification.  There was NO attempt to remove the government.  Delay, yes.  Remove, no.

Why don't you save your faux outrage for a coup that actually happened?  Biden is not running this country.  Biden thinks he's in Colombia when he's really in Cambodia. Biden's in a dead politician's district and calls her up to the stage.  With the benefit of a teleprompter Biden reads out a website "dee-oh-tee com" instead of "dot com."  Biden takes credit for a Social Security increase (that was instituted as a legally-mandated inflation adjustment) that had nothing to do with him.  I don't know who's presiding over this country but it ain't Presider-in-name-only Biden.

Which means whoever is running this country is doing so without being elected. Unelected and - worse - unaccountable.  That's as unconstitutional as it gets.

If you were half as objectively unbiased as you attempt to pretend to be, you'd pretend to be outraged over that.

The result was a delay.
But if you really think the intent of Trump and his 10,000 closest friends was just to delay for a couple hours, I have oceanfront property in Missouri to sell you.
As for the coup you allege, if this has happened, the successor or successors are all from the same faction as Biden, the faction which the voters chose, and they will be accountable to the same free and fair election in 2024 that Biden would be accountable to if this alleged coup had not taken place.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2022, 06:43 PM by Jags.)

(12-01-2022, 05:26 PM)InvalidContentWasFoundStarting Wrote:

Look man, idk who the heck you think you are, nor do I know who you are.  But 17 posts in… I love you, man!

[Image: ecars.jpg]
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2022, 11:54 PM by Lucky2Last.)

(12-01-2022, 06:14 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-01-2022, 05:26 PM)InvalidContentWasFoundStarting Wrote: Will you knock it off with the faux outrage over the "attempted coup"?  There was no attempted coup.

The result was a delay.
But if you really think the intent of Trump and his 10,000 closest friends was just to delay for a couple hours, I have oceanfront property in Missouri to sell you.
As for the coup you allege, if this has happened, the successor or successors are all from the same faction as Biden, the faction which the voters chose, and they will be accountable to the same free and fair election in 2024 that Biden would be accountable to if this alleged coup had not taken place.

Well why didn't they take over DC? I'm sure all of them own guns. The government didn't make them leave. Most of them weren't arrested until days letter. They didn't overthrow anything, and no one stopped them. Maybe your lack of reasoning is how you ended up with oceanfront property in Missouri. Now start posting memes.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs3media.247sports.com%2...ipo=images]

(12-01-2022, 06:14 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-01-2022, 05:26 PM)InvalidContentWasFoundStarting Wrote: Will you knock it off with the faux outrage over the "attempted coup"?  There was no attempted coup.

The result was a delay.

Methinks you totally missed his point here. If the elected President isn't running the country, then the election has been subverted and all the Biden voters should feel disenfranchised. People who didn't vote for him shouldn't feel any more or less excluded than they would if Biden was actually actively running the country. In this case, it's a coup by a party against their own POTUS.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-01-2022, 11:51 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(12-01-2022, 06:14 PM)mikesez Wrote: The result was a delay.

Well why didn't they take over DC? I'm sure all of them own guns. The government didn't make them leave. Most of them weren't arrested until days letter. They didn't overthrow anything, and no one stopped them. Maybe your lack of reasoning is how you ended up with oceanfront property in Missouri. Now start posting memes.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs3media.247sports.com%2...ipo=images]

They had no intent to "take over DC", at least not in the first wave.  There were people with caches of weapons waiting outside DC just in case.
The plan was to kidnap some members of Congress, and intimidate the others into voting how they wanted.  The government did make them leave.  Security reinforcements started coming up out of the tunnels.  Arresting them would have taken to long and they didn't have the manpower to do it.  The priority was re-establishing security in the building and restarting the joint session before midnight.
But since you asked:
[Image: 4MNLIA6_image_crop_108579]